It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White women criticized for wearing hoop earrings because the style results from the 'oppression

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Could we please gather all these morons and put them in their own little country? Let them exist in a stupid pc bubble and watch them try to build a new society without offending anyone. The new country shall be named Libtardia. This experiment would of course fail tremendously but it could provide some The Truman Show style entertainment.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
a reply to: marg6043

I wear big gold hoop earrings all the time, as a latina it brings my Spanish gypsy background with my dark shoulder length hair.

OMG !!!
What's your take on America Indians of the kosher persuasion ??

Buck

Did you just loosely reference the indian cheif from Blazing Saddles?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

These people aren't liberals.

Here is the definition of liberal: open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

Does that sound like what we are dealing with here? At this point, this isn't politics any longer - it is psychosis.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yesterday they were attacking an airline for enforcing an employee dress code on two girls, because that somehow infringed on women's rights. Today they're trying to bar all women of a race they hate from wearing extremely common jewelry and makeup styles.

What the hell is going on in those schools? This is getting creepy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

With this logic I, being a white man, couldn't eat peanut butter or ride an elevator, since both were invented by black men?

The absurdity of this doesn't need to be pointed out. I just hope no responsible adults (ie, university professors) supported this incredibly fatuous behavior.

I'm not too sure peanut butter was invented by a black man.

I mean, I take a handful of peanuts and oila, I've got instant peanut butter right in my mouth!

Amazing invention!

Peanut butter has been credited to alot different people GW Carver being the biggest but the Aztecs roasted peanut and made a paste out of them long before that. They called it "nut paste".

So yeah George Washington Carver didn't invent it. Neither did any white guy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is right up there with the NCAAP calling for the English rugby team fans to stop singing "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot". Apparently it's wrong because it was a slave song.

This type of extremism needs to stop.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
But again this thread like so many others.

of the Billions of people on this planet, less than a dozen women complain about hoop earrings and we have a thread about it?

LOL

The fake outrage is the real story here. Methinks it's just a good opportunity to use the word "Libtard".

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So now we have time to complain about the size of earring a woman is wearing.

Glad alllllllll the other issues in the world have been taken care of!

i prefer a woman with tight hoops

just sayin'

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I read for that part as well, but his Yiddish was better.
But ...... He can't speak Hebrew with a southern drawl either.

Buck

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
But again this thread like so many others.

of the Billions of people on this planet, less than a dozen women complain about hoop earrings and we have a thread about it?

LOL

The fake outrage is the real story here. Methinks it's just a good opportunity to use the word "Libtard".

Except for the fact MSM reported on this....

And yes, it is the perfect use of Libtard considering how wrong the argument is and the origin of hoop earrings.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
White women shouldnt wear hoop rings, theyre gaudy.
More worrisome is most young white women have decided their skin is a coloring book. Every flower and butterfly imaginable.

White guys shouldn't wear hats backwards or sideways, you look stupid.
White guys shouldn't get dyed blonde tips
White guys shouldn't wear tight pants.

Gauges look stupid on white people. stop it.
face piercings advertise please don't hire I am stupid, knock it off white people.

I'm white, there are some life tips.

Not going to comment on other ethnic groups, Let them judge themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So now we have time to complain about the size of earring a woman is wearing.

Glad alllllllll the other issues in the world have been taken care of!

I see what you are saying, but I also think it is a combination of all these piddly little things that add up and contribute to the bigger picture of today. The "death by a thousand tiny cuts"

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
White women shouldnt wear hoop rings, theyre gaudy.
More worrisome is most young white women have decided their skin is a coloring book. Every flower and butterfly imaginable.

White guys shouldn't wear hats backwards or sideways, you look stupid.
White guys shouldn't get dyed blonde tips
White guys shouldn't wear tight pants.

Gauges look stupid on white people. stop it.
face piercings advertise please don't hire I am stupid, knock it off white people.

I'm white, there are some life tips.

Not going to comment on other ethnic groups, Let them judge themselves.

I could not agree more on the tight jeans thing. Pisses me off every time I go to get some pants or jeans and it is next to impossible to find boot cut anymore.

I hate clingy things....unfortunately for that disposition, I have kids....love them, but when one or two start walking tight circles around me it takes every ounce of willpower to not trip them.

Anywho...tight jeans are stupid and likely the worst fashion trend besides the ballet slipper shoes and Uggs that women wear. I just want to slap people sometimes.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
hmmm....why do any of you take so seriously what a few college students say, they say a lot of stupid s**t...oh yeah it fits the OP's agenda

Because the silly things that a few college kids say end up becoming law down the road.

LGBT, less than 1% or so are classified as that, yet look at the new laws there.

Race relations? A stupid idiot, just ONE, lied about how brown had his hands up, look what that caused.

The list goes on.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ok then my that logic people of colour cant use anything then that white people have invented, sound fair?

People of African origin shouldn't be wearing shoes in during Snowstorms. sounds fair

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Elisha Otis was black?...looks pretty white to me

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Egad! As a teen I wore the dangle bangles, then went to hoops, then the studs. Personally, the aesthetics of danglers made my face too stubby, the hoops made my face too fat, the studs were unnoticeable under my hair! I now just highlight my face with a decorative eyeglass string/chain that even fools jewelry reps into thinking I am wearing earrings! True stories there. Cultures play into styles, but truly, I have learned that trends and styles never work for all body and builds even within individual cultures around the globe.

College students should be encouraged to explore unexplored territories and rights. This does not mean that they should not receive any critism. Critism creates better more innovative youths. It is difficult regarding society claims, since society throughout history changes frequently. In this case, one needs to be more innovative in their needed to spawn a more productive future trend in their society.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Alexander Miles (1838-1918)

What He Invented: The Modern-Day Elevator Design.

Why It’s Important: Although Miles may not have invented the first elevator, his design was very important. Alexander Miles improved the method of the opening and closing of elevator doors; and he developed the closing of the elevator shaft when an elevator was not positioned at a floor. Miles created an automatic mechanism that closed access to the shaft.
atlantablackstar... .com/2013/10/23/100-black-inventions-over-the-last-100-years-you-may-not-know-part-1/8/

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

The Aztecs mashed roasted peanuts into a paste, somewhat different from what we know of as peanut butter today. But many people have been credited with the title of peanut-butter-inventor, among them George Washington Carver.

[url=www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/22/peanut-butter-history_n_1222585.html]www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/22/peanut-butter-history_n_1222585.html[/ur l]

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

God made all men. Samuel Colt made all men equal.

So no guns for white women with hoop earrings?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join