It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White women criticized for wearing hoop earrings because the style results from the 'oppression

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Students say and do stupid things, so does the Daily Mail, I guess this is what happens when the two come together.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

White people invented underwear.

DAMMIT!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

With this logic I, being a white man, couldn't eat peanut butter or ride an elevator, since both were invented by black men?

The absurdity of this doesn't need to be pointed out. I just hope no responsible adults (ie, university professors) supported this incredibly fatuous behavior.

I'm not too sure peanut butter was invented by a black man.

I mean, I take a handful of peanuts and oila, I've got instant peanut butter right in my mouth!

Amazing invention!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
One day when I was in school, Ricky (a black guy) commented on how I should not wear a 'Ben sherman' shirt because racists used to wear that brand decades before.. i just told him to fcuk off, I wear what I like.

That was the end of that dicussion. .

What is wrong with the world today?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

White people invented underwear.

DAMMIT!

Considering the immense popularity of sagging britches, I'm perfectly fine with cultural appropriation of underwear (and extra long tailed t-shirts), DB.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Does anyone want to tell these retards that hooped earings and winged eyeliner predate the Egyptians and have been a part of every world culture since people practiced bodily beautification? or should I? Oh, never mind. I really need to save my oxygen for more important things.

Looks like history class would now be of use to these individuals. Guess they thought history was just a waste of time.

Oops.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

In my high school years we called those hoop earrings "bit rings" for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I wear big gold hoop earrings all the time, as a latina it brings my Spanish gypsy background with my dark shoulder length hair.

I do it because I like them and look good on me.

The hell with what littler kids think it means, they are soo out of touch with reality is not funny, but is ok they will wake up eventually and smell the crap they have created.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Man, they would have a total meltdown if they ever walked around my district.

Big Hooped earrings has been a rite of passage for every young woman reaching womanhood.

Still, nowadays there's always someone being offended on behalf of others. Idiocy has overtaken well meaning unfortunately, but people are beginning to see through this P.C crap.
edit on 28/3/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

In my high school years we called those hoop earrings "bit rings" for obvious reasons.

We used to say... "The bigger the hoops, the bigger the ho."

Sorry marg, no offense.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bluntone22
No more college for blacks.
That's a white cultural invention they should not be participating in.
No more medicine
No more cars
No more flying

But that's just silly.

No more guns either for minority’s

You can watch as 99.9% of gun violence disappears.

Wasnt it the Chinese who invented guns and black("gun" sorry, I'm not racist I swear!) powder?

Uh-oh, we are in trouble now that we cant use guns and explosives.

I for one say "Nǐ hǎo" to our eastern overlords!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: Bluntone22
No more college for blacks.
That's a white cultural invention they should not be participating in.
No more medicine
No more cars
No more flying

But that's just silly.

No more guns either for minority’s

You can watch as 99.9% of gun violence disappears.

Wasnt it the Chinese who invented guns and black("gun" sorry, I'm not racist I swear!) powder?

Uh-oh, we are in trouble now that we cant use guns and explosives.

I for one say "Nǐ hǎo" to our eastern overlords!

God made all men. Samuel Colt made all men equal.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Powder yes, but Europe weaponized it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So now we have time to complain about the size of earring a woman is wearing.

Glad alllllllll the other issues in the world have been taken care of!

Which is why librals lost the last US election and losing elections all over the world.

They arguing and focus on # like this, meanwhile real problems are ignored.

And they still haven't learned.

Yadda yadda. If it's fair to judge "liberals" by the blathering of dumbass college kids in LA, then it's fair to judge "conservatives" by the incestuous meth cooking klansmen who live in rusted out single wide trailers.

Oh wait, nobody bothers to report on the moronic shenanigans of trailer park idiots. If Trump supporters voted for Trump because of s# like this, how the hell are those idiots any better than these other idiots?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
One day when I was in school, Ricky (a black guy) commented on how I should not wear a 'Ben sherman' shirt because racists used to wear that brand decades before.. i just told him to fcuk off, I wear what I like.

That was the end of that dicussion. .

What is wrong with the world today?

When I was a kid I was told the circle K icon on food didnt mean Kosher, rather KKK owned and thus I was a racist.

Dont get me started on oxblood Doc Martins

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I wear big gold hoop earrings all the time, as a latina it brings my Spanish gypsy background with my dark shoulder length hair.

OMG !!!
What's your take on America Indians of the kosher persuasion ??

Buck

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well since I've been wearing hoop earrings since before the snowflakes whining about it were born I think I'll keep wearing whatever the hell I want to. They can keep that whole nasty, black lipliner thing they like to do though- it looks ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Good for you, I like big hooped earrings on a lady. The bigger, the better I say.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
then it's fair to judge "conservatives" by the incestuous meth cooking klansmen who live in rusted out single wide trailers.

Oh wait, nobody bothers to report on the moronic shenanigans of trailer park idiots. If Trump supporters voted for Trump because of s# like this, how the hell are those idiots any better than these other idiots?

None of the incestuous klansmen meth heads living in rusted out single wide trailers I know of vote. That type of high falutant living is reserved for them double wide snobs.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Wrong.

fashion history
I mean it's just a liberal arts college, but come on, that's embarrassing.

edit on 28-3-2017 by Peeple because: Is it just me or is the world getting dumber everyday?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join