It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White women criticized for wearing hoop earrings because the style results from the 'oppression

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

White women accused of cultural appropriation have been told to scrap their 'hoop earrings' after a group of Latino college students complained that 'black and brown folks' were being exploited by it.

source

Libitards will be libitards it seems.

Here some dumb arse quotes.

Martinez wrote: 'The black and brown bodies who typically wear hooped earrings, (and other accessories like winged eyeliner, gold name plate necklaces, etc) are

Well of your culture and atire are holding you back dip# change it! Or move to a country where its accepted.

'Meanwhile we wonder, why should white girls be able to take part in this culture (wearing hoop earrings just being one case of it) and be seen as cute/aesthetic/ethnic.

Ok then my that logic people of colour cant use anything then that white people have invented, sound fair?

They also explained the pressures they faced to shed their 'aesthetic' in order to be taken seriously while white women could engage in cultural appropriation without it hurting their social or academic prospects.

Here we go, its snowflakes wanting to be snowflakes!
Its called life girls.

we don’t conform, it becomes difficult to access campus resources, find job opportunities and create professional networks.

Yeah thats called growing up!

So grow the # up and stop bitching.

Despite erasure, institutions knowingly label forced assimilation as a process of "professional socialization" rather than a process that violently strips identities and culture from women and nonbinary femmes of color.

Again thats called LIFE AND GROWING UP!

Life is not fair and in the real world we sure as hell cant just do or wear what we want without consequences.
I dont like wearing suites but I would get fired if I dont so I have to suck it up and wear them.

And people wonder why so many young people and minorities end up on welfare.....

edit on 28-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So now we have time to complain about the size of earring a woman is wearing.

Glad alllllllll the other issues in the world have been taken care of!

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

With this logic I, being a white man, couldn't eat peanut butter or ride an elevator, since both were invented by black men?

The absurdity of this doesn't need to be pointed out. I just hope no responsible adults (ie, university professors) supported this incredibly fatuous behavior.

link   
Education in America comes from white people. They should not attend, cultural appropriation and all that.

ETA: Hoop earrings are not black or latino in origin .. so they should stop wearing them. White people actually have a lot more right.
edit on 28-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Does anyone want to tell these retards that hooped earings and winged eyeliner predate the Egyptians and have been a part of every world culture since people practiced bodily beautification? or should I? Oh, never mind. I really need to save my oxygen for more important things.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So now we have time to complain about the size of earring a woman is wearing.

Glad alllllllll the other issues in the world have been taken care of!

Which is why librals lost the last US election and losing elections all over the world.

They arguing and focus on # like this, meanwhile real problems are ignored.

And they still haven't learned.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Aint these just been known as parrot holders since the mid 80's?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

White women accused of cultural appropriation have been told to scrap their 'hoop earrings' after a group of Latino college students complained that 'black and brown folks' were being exploited by it.

source

Libitards will be libitards it seems.

Here some dumb arse quotes.

Martinez wrote: 'The black and brown bodies who typically wear hooped earrings, (and other accessories like winged eyeliner, gold name plate necklaces, etc) are

Well of your culture and atire are holding you back dip# change it! Or move to a country where its accepted.

'Meanwhile we wonder, why should white girls be able to take part in this culture (wearing hoop earrings just being one case of it) and be seen as cute/aesthetic/ethnic.

Ok then my that logic people of colour can use anything then that white people have invented, sound fair?

They also explained the pressures they faced to shed their 'aesthetic' in order to be taken seriously while white women could engage in cultural appropriation without it hurting their social or academic prospects.

Here we go, its snowflakes wanting to be snowflakes!
Its called life girls.

we don’t conform, it becomes difficult to access campus resources, find job opportunities and create professional networks.

Yeah thats called growing up!

So grow the # up and stop bitching.

Despite erasure, institutions knowingly label forced assimilation as a process of "professional socialization" rather than a process that violently strips identities and culture from women and nonbinary femmes of color.

Again thats called LIFE AND GROWING UP!

Life is not fair and in the real world we sure as hell cant just do or wear what we want without consequences.
I dont like wearing suites but I would get fired if I dont so I have to suck it up and wear them.

And people wonder why so many young people and minorities end up on welfare.....

LOL...I read about this a couple months ago.

So maybe white people should start telling them all to walk or ride horses since white people invented cars and planes....boats are a toss up but I'll let them have that one too.

What I find funny....WHO GIVES A FUC|

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
FFS

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No more college for blacks.
That's a white cultural invention they should not be participating in.
No more medicine
No more cars
No more flying

But that's just silly.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
No more medicine
No more cars
No more flying

But that's just silly.

No more guns either for minority’s

You can watch as 99.9% of gun violence disappears.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
With this logic I, being a white man, couldn't eat peanut butter or ride an elevator, since both were invented by black men?

It's widely known that Archimedes built an elevator back in 236 BC, so you need to defer riding in a lift to the Greeks.

The term "cultural appropriation" is an invention of the ignorant. Sadly, you cannot laugh at people who take this type of thing seriously lest you be accused of racism. Anyway, good to see that these people use English (part of my culture) to express themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
hmmm....why do any of you take so seriously what a few college students say, they say a lot of stupid s**t...oh yeah it fits the OP's agenda

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bluntone22
No more medicine
No more cars
No more flying

But that's just silly.

No more guns either for minority’s

You can watch as 99.9% of gun violence disappears.

Wait until you blow their minds with the very first slave being owned by law in the US was owned by a black man.....mic drop...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Bible says that women should not wear any jewelry. If they took that advice, problem solved.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
hmmm....why do any of you take so seriously what a few college students say, they say a lot of stupid s**t...oh yeah it fits the OP's agenda

Because dumbasses in college graduate to dumbasses with dumbass agenda and dumbass views surrounding themselves with similar dumbasses...then they push their dumbass agendas on everyone else...

link   

Cause everything has a agenda......

Nope, i qm must laughing at some dumb college students making librals look like retards

link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Is it really just a few?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Who's taking it seriously? I feel like so far the thread is full of comments taking the piss out of the statements.

Maybe it's you who's taking things "so seriously."

edit on 28-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Because dumbasses in college graduate to dumbasses with dumbass agenda and dumbass views surrounding themselves with similar dumbasses...then they push their dumbass agendas on everyone else...

And they go on to become dumbarse politicians because they are too much of a dumbarse to get any other job....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join