It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 6 War Technology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well a lot has been discussed about how many aircraft, military men, weapons etc a country has ...but lets forget about Quantity and think about quality and tell me which countries according to you has the best INDIGENOUS war technology

For me here lies the list
Air force
1 Russia
2 USA
3 UK
4 France
5 China
Does any other country has its own COMPETENT indigenous aircraft?

Navy
1 UK
2 US
3 Russia
4 France
5 China
6 India

Army
1 US/Russia
3 Israel
4 UK
5 France
6 China/ India

Missile
1 US/Russia
3 France
4 UK
5 Israel
6 China

Space force
1 US
2 Russia

Overall
1 USA
2 Russia
3 UK
4 France
5 Israel
6 China

Once again let me remind the criterion here is INDIGENOUS QUALITY and NOT quantity
also post any other broad Criterion(like army ,airforce, navy, missile) by which you would like to grade war technology....

[edit on 2-2-2005 by prelude]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Canada's soldiers/infantry is best trained in world.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If your talking about technology and arms, I'd say belgium could have a spot in that list somewhere with its Fabrique Nationale (FN) arms manifacturing and the multitude of technology development that is done here(BARCO for instance, its best known product line are hgih tech and damn expensive projection systems, but the biggest money they rake in is component development and production for high tech military applications).

The FN Minimi (Named SAW M249 in the US military) and the P90 are weapons used all over the world.

The belgian military itself these days is focused on humanitarian missions though.

Except for the F16 squads they are supposed to be top of the ranks hotshots for all sorts of missions.

Belgiums naval mine sweeper squads are also ranked among the top of the world.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by thematrix]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Matrix can you please give us some weblinks that gives us some information about Belgian war technilogies?honestly I dont have much info about Belgian War technology .

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
well if overal training is the criterion then i think here comes the list

1 Israel
2 UK
3 USA
4 France
5 canada
6 Russia

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dexterium
Canada's soldiers/infantry is best trained in world.

You should put a smileys with that statement. I almost thought you were serious for a moment. GOOD ONE!!

As far as training is concerned, dont forget Sweden. Always underestimated.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by prelude

Navy
1 UK
2 US
3 Russia
4 France
5 China
6 India

Although I am no expert, I have to disagree with your Navy estimates. Its widely known that the US has the largest, most technically advanced Navy out there. Once upon a time it was the UK, but not anymore. The US operates 12 carrier groups alone. Thats HUGE. Not to mantion hundreds of other ships. The Coast Guard needs to be a factor in this as well. The US basically has two Navies.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I find the idea that Russia has an overall technologically superior air force suspect. If you consider only theoretical performance and ignore operational readiness and training, Russian fighters may comopare favorably with existing US fighters. But the F-22 (which is now operationally ready) is clearly in a league of it's own. Also, the US has a much better bomber force - The B-2 is head and shoulders above any Russian offering, the B-1 is better than it's coutnerparts, as is the B-52. Not to mention robust and combat proven precision munitions.

Also, the UK navy is not technologically superior to the US navy. The Aegis equipped destroyers are the best available, the US carriers cannot be compared to any other ship from any other country, and the Ohio class SSBN's are also clearly the best in their field.

As far as space assets are concerned, do not overlook the UK or France. Both have signifigant assets, to include communications and survailance systems. In fact, if you were to consider operational readiness of the forces, both are probably superior to Russia at this point.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I know Starwars51 the F-22 and B-2 nothing really compares to them. Russia might have some nice prototypes but nothing is slated for production anytime soon that can equal those planes.

I also agree with you on the Navy The Nimitz Class are in a league all their own.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Matrix can you please give us some weblinks that gives us some information about Belgian war technilogies?honestly I dont have much info about Belgian War technology .

The latest additions by FN to the worlds high tech weapons arsenal, contracted by the US for its special operations forces units are the FN F2000 and FN SCAR-L/H

FN already supplied the US with the SAW and P90.

Other technologies are mainly electronics, munitions and other tech and hardware applications.

As I said, belgiums army itself is focused on humanitarian stuff(although there are some loose cannons that got themselves convicted for roasting a kid over a campfire in Somalia and stuff like that, but hey, every army has its whackjobs :p)

Belgiums industry is more then 80% R&D, technology and services.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I also agree with you on the Navy The Nimitz Class are in a league all their own.

ahh you have some big carriers sure enough. but can you spread some light on rumors of ghettos and murders on board. i was once asked by a USN matlo if we got the same probs as them on our baby carriers, things such as gang violence etc. Think the main problem with US Navy is the fact it runs dry (no booze) ships.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I have heard from an RN leuitenant that their is a killing every day on pay day on the nimitiz class ships.......scary huh.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The naval tradition of the United Kingdom makes them a force to be reckoned with but no-one can match the power projection of the United States. I too have heard of horrible things happening on US ships, it's truly frightening.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwars51
Also, the UK navy is not technologically superior to the US navy. The Aegis equipped destroyers are the best available.

Thats only till the Type 45's are launched, Their Sampson radar is superior to the Aegis system.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yup Belgium definately deserves a place on the fire-arm list.
Personally I think Sweden deserves a place on the Artillery list for BOFORS pioneering in the field of smart and guided munitions, most notably the advanced 120mm smart mortar rounds.

In fact the artilery , guided systems and munitions were so good that U.S. based United Defense bought them for an undisclosed amount in 2000 and now the whole smart/guided munitions thing is the latest craze in the usa army, however they are still developing and producing a lot in Sweden , so I would still like to call it indegenous industry.

Holland, Delft - Elektro-Optics holds a small but not unimportant place in the field of advanced night sights, they developed several key technologies that make up the third and fourth generation optical sight.

Germany , should be on some list for overall equipment quality, their tanks and their absolutely awesome attack sub.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Countermeasures how would you like to grade all the countries on the basis of their technology mind that making a single good product like Bofors doesn’t fetch a country a top grade...u need to do overall development in all spheres ...missiles ,tanks, guns etc

I didn’t put US navy on the top place is they still doesn’t have a competent Naval hovercraft which plays a crucial role in case of Island nations

more over you all should remember that in this comparison quantity doesn’t matter Quality matters…hence UK remains at the Top

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Well a lot has been discussed about how many aircraft, military men, weapons etc a country has ...but lets forget about Quantity and think about quality and tell me which countries according to you has the best INDIGENOUS war technology

For me here lies the list
Air force
1 Russia
2 USA
3 UK
4 France
5 China
Does any other country has its own COMPETENT indigenous aircraft?

Navy
1 UK
2 US
3 Russia
4 France
5 China
6 India

Army
1 US/Russia
3 Israel
4 UK
5 France
6 China/ India

Missile
1 US/Russia
3 France
4 UK
5 Israel
6 China

Space force
1 US
2 Russia

Overall
1 USA
2 Russia
3 UK
4 France
5 Israel
6 China

[edit on 2-2-2005 by prelude]

Your putting India at the bottom of most lists, they are number one in technology, umm...okay

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
"""""Your putting India at the bottom of most lists, they are number one in technology""""""""""

If its a joke then Ha Ha Ha.....
If you are serious then how old are you? India still hires most of its technology from Russia.
I am a great supporter of India but still it has a long way to go ...a long long way ...as far as technology is concerned

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Russia has a rather good navy aswell. Kirov class anyone?

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Russians have a great navy
but now a days Russia is putting less emphasis on Navy well we have one of the best technologies and are developing one Indian and two Chinese Aircraft carriers they will have the best Technologies in the field...we have the world's best hovercrafts too (the Zubr) but our Government today believes that we don’t need a powerful navy rather our country needs to concentrate on air force.....as far as Defense is concerned I support my Government view.

<<   2  3 >>

join