It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Regulatory Commission Declassified UFO Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just came across this sighting item, and found it contains many interesting letters relating to the subject of UFO's. There have been mahy ufo sightings over the years at nuclear facilities. These documents were requested using the Freedon of Information Act by The Black Vault website.

The specific item that was brought to the forefront here was regarding a ufo sighting that took place in the late 1980's at Cooper Nuclear Station. The encounter that took placed is described:

While posted at the intake structure one night, he observed an “unidentified flying object” fly down the Missouri River about 150 feet in the air and hover in front of the intake. He observed it for a few moments and then contacted a fellow security officer who also observed it (he could not recall the individual’s name exactly but his first name was [REDACTED] and his last name was either [REDACTED ]. After they together observed the UFO, it turned and went back up the river and did not come back that shift. He and the other officer shared their observation with their peers who did not believe them. The next evening he again was posted at the intake and observed the UFO return again. This time he didn’t call anyone until the UFO had traversed into the protected area and hovered above the protected area just north of the Reactor Building. He said it was roughly triangular in shape with a circle of rotating lights on the bottom. He could not hear any propulsion noise from the UFO. He believes that it was roughly 1/3 the size of the Reactor Building. Once the UFO hovered in the protected area. He called the security break room and most of the officers on shift observed the UFO.

There are quite a few ufo related documents included which were requested by The Black Vault website. Many are related to this sighting as well as other ufo topics.

Document enhanced link

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

While posted at the intake structure one night, he observed an “unidentified flying object” fly down the Missouri River about 150 feet in the air and hover in front of the intake...

Okay, so the focus was the cooling water intake to the nuclear plant. So okay, it was monitoring the intake to a power plant. What ever for? If we propose that was the focus and it was hovering, and the plant was operating, we might be able to conclude it was measuring the volume of water going in as one means to determine the size of the reactor core based on the flow of water required to cool it...

What else(?)

edit on 28-3-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So in other words. Nothing important to divulge that would make any significant change our daily lives. But it is an interesting article to say the least. Good find. S+F.
edit on 28-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: data5091

While posted at the intake structure one night, he observed an “unidentified flying object” fly down the Missouri River about 150 feet in the air and hover in front of the intake...

Okay, so the focus was the cooling water intake to the nuclear plant. So okay, it was monitoring the intake to a power plant. What ever for? If we propose that was the focus and it was hovering, and the plant was operating, we might be able to conclude it was measuring the volume of water going in as one means to determine the size of the reactor core based on the flow of water required to cool it...

What else(?)

Oh The Black Vault, I havent been there in a while this looks interesting.

This is just a tidbit but this came to mind when I read the OP.

My nephew had once described a UFO to me near my house that was traveling along the river, hovering about 150 feet (50 meters) above the river just the same as the one in the OP.

Ill throw in some more details below because I know some of you will want to know. No, we don't have pics.

The one my nephew described was disk shaped with a half sphere about one quarter size of the disk centered at the top. It was also cloaked but the cloaking was obviously imperfect. He said the UFO looked like a sort of clear jell. It passed between him and a few buildings that was on the other side of the river so he could judge how high it was above the ground and it's size. He said it was about twice the size of my Lincoln Town Car in length.

ETA:

By the way great thread S&F. The Black Vault is a good website, most ATSers know about The Black Vault, for those of you that don't I suggest you check it out it's a good read.
edit on 3/29/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thanks for sharing that. Ever hear of the story of minute man missile guards that saw a red UFO 'hovering' outside the gate at a ICBM launch facility? The report has the missiles going off line down in the control center.

Theres no off switches so thats also weird.

The one thingy I saw one night left me with the distinct impression it was bisecting the valley all the way down, like it was monitoring... for lack of a better word. Made me think of the kind of flybys our interplanetary probes carry out.

They are recording our capabilities, monitoring our biosphere, like we do with our probes on other worlds.
edit on 29-3-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah I read about those minute men guards. Also remember the one near that base that was housing nuclear weapons that sort of crash landed in the woods and went to investigate and actually touched it? It's a famous sighting I just can't remember the name it was given.

And then there is that professor from the Disclosure Project that described his test launch of a nuclear missile. As the missile was leaving the atmosphere at about 10,000 MPH the UFO flew up to it and shot a few beams of light at it dislodging the dummy warhead.

They certainly have an interest in our nuclear capabilities.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Don't know which other one you mentioned but the craft in the woods the sentry and touched was at Rendleshem airbase. Some other reports included 'beams' shining into the weapons storage area.

Yah, too weird, other reports occur at mouths of Rivers like the Amazon, around Volcanos. Also ships at sea like aircraft carriers. Love to see those sensor suites.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

agree with you on the Black Vault. I have found some very interesting stuff over there too.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Here it is

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I was researching a connection between nuclear plants building on or near prehistoric Indian occupation sites and burial grounds a few years ago, but other projects took my focus.

It appears CNS was no exception:

"The Enercon study identified two probable prehistoric lithic scatters and three former historic home sites on the CNS-1 site. The report also noted the potential for additional prehistoric and historic resources to be found throughout the area."

NRC Generic Environmental Impact Statement for CNS

Perhaps there is a connection there.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Imo, that guy is lying...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

And so was his C.O.? (I actually didn't look into his commanding officer's testimony) What does he gain from lying? Do you think everyone on the original disclosure project panel is lying?

I'm not looking for an argument, just kinda picking your brain here.

What's your take of the UFO phenomenon?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

And so was his C.O.? (I actually didn't look into his commanding officer's testimony) What does he gain from lying? Do you think everyone on the original disclosure project panel is lying?

I'm not looking for an argument, just kinda picking your brain here.

What's your take of the UFO phenomenon?

Ive seen one, I know they exist. I've also encountered spirits, I know they exist too.

From my subjective perspective it is no longer about belief, I have witnessed them.

I say subjective even though at the time of most these encounters I was with others who saw the same thing. In the case of the one time I saw a 'thingy' fly by, I was with 5 or so friends and five or so more nearby who were complete strangers.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It's unusual for someone to see them so many times. That's sometimes an indicator of abduction, do you know if you are being abducted? If you don't know then perhaps you should look into hypnotic regression if you want to know more.

new topics

top topics

join