It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World First Quad Cork 1800 on Skis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
YouTube - Andri Ragettli

Skis are not my thing. I am a boarder and as the years progress, less of that. All the twisty things are not my thing either. Steep and deep! Go big, or go home. Long boards, deep powder, avalanche beacon, probe, and shovel at the ready with other like minded souls I trust my life with.

But d@mn that is sweet!!!

For those not up on X-Games speak, lets break it down. 1800 are the number of degrees of rotations around in total. You go around once (front to back), 180. All the way around, 360. So.... 5 x 360 = 1080! That is five full rotations!!! When you go off axis, that called, "corked out" or when naming the trick like this one, just, "cork".

Andri Ragettli is an 18 year old from Sweden. The clip he uploaded to u-tube was filmed at Watles, Italy. And is totally nanas!!

5 times around, off-axis, and a world's first!

edit on 28-3-2017 by spacedoubt because: Typo edit 1080 changed to 1800 at member request

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

When the Norwegians see this they will go bananas......A SWEDE !!!.
But that is how the sport gets forward.
He is from Italy.
edit on 28/3/17 by Norge because: Italy

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Norge

Tony Hawk throwing down a 900 was huge news when it happened. Now it is common place!

Progression happens because of things like this!

A little rivalry is OK too. At the end of the day though others get stoked for things like this. Even boarders!!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Uggghhh! I really suck at algebra! That is: 1800 degrees!!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
the progression of skiing and snowboading have gone insane in the last couple years. I couldn't keep up, the kids these days are machines. Now I'm into the more of the same stuff as you. I'm actually going split boarding tomorrow morning with a bunch of friends. I like the soft fluffy stuff.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Split skis... that sounds cool!

The little groms hit that age where they start getting muscles... well combine that with rubber joints and the ability to bounce back, yeah progression leaps forward.

I know people swapping over to telemarking, cross-country, winter mountain biking, even walking away. I still like the hike and ride approach. You have to heli once (OK twice!), kind of like you need the sno cat adventure in the trees or the big resort visit. But expecting me even throw a 720 is kind of a joke after a few years of pizza eating!

I still enjoy it! And enjoy stuff like this! But I would rather ride than spend all day building a mega ramp and waiting.

new topics

top topics

join