It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters questions patriotism of Trump supporters from House floor

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Admit failure? What THE FARK are you still going on about? I know quite a bit about her, her using her position to benefit her family and friends who she has been investigated over and has sponsored or co sponsored over 250 bills or legislative acts. One was for VA building issues...she is useless.

She has succeeded in 3. One to rename a Post Office in 05, one that reduced money for flood victims 2010 and another was for Haiti relief which was a corrupt CLinton initiative that same year.

She is a #ty legislator. Has not passed anything in 7 years.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Sure would love to read some proof of this outside of your angry rants. It's strange that you keep deflecting away from doing that. Like you really don't know what you think you know about her. I'm beginning to think that your account of her policy history is heavily influenced by partisan bias and isn't indicative of reality.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Angry rant? No, you like to think you are under peoples skin but you're not Krazy.

go read it yourself....

www.congress.gov...[%22sponsorship%22:%22sponsored%22,%22bill-status%22:%22law%22]

Tell me how she is helping the country when you are done.

I know a lot about a lot of politicians. I follow a lot of politicians I don't like. Not hate. Don't like.

So why do you defend her?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

James Brown is looking pretty fly these days!

Seriously though, how is this woman in office? She has to be the most unintelligent politician sitting in office currently. You can almost see her straining to formulate her thoughts. The entire Democratic party is going senile.

When will John Mccain join the Dems?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: diggindirt

I agree, she has freedom of speech.
The difference between what you correctly point out the gop doing and what she did is that she did this from the floor. This was not a stump speech, or an interview. This came from the floor of congress. The official congressional record will show:

“And my mission and my goal is to make sure that he does not remain president of the United States of America,” Water said.

She states her goal is to remove a sitting elected POTUS.

I looked for anything similar done from the floor of congress and found events like this prior to the civil war.
If you have info on a similar event transpiring from the floor of congress please post it.

Good, we agree on that!
Now do you also agree that she doesn't lose that freedom of speech when she steps onto the floor of the House? What difference is there between saying it on the floor or saying it at a presser?

She's a Dem. What do you expect her to say? As for other examples, if one were so inclined and had time I'm sure there have been lots of really stupid stuff said on the floor of Congress. I heard John McCain come out with some pretty goofy stuff the other day when he said Rand Paul was an agent of Putin or some such nonsense. But I'm not one to urge stoning for saying stupid stuff 'cause I've done it so many times myself.

Please understand, I'm not defending what she said, just her right to say it. The more she talks, the more she reveals. She wants Trump gone. Guess what? Back in the Stoned Ages I wanted Nixon gone and given the chance, I'd have said it on the floor of Congress. So I understand her feelings---and I defend her right to express those feelings---even if I'm in total disagreement with her attitude. (I initially typed "reasoning" instead of attitude but then remembered that she was the one saying Putin had invaded Korea, wasn't she?)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Whaaaaaaat? A politician said the other side of the aisle sucks? ZOMG

#staydivided

posts like this do nothing to bridge the divide. we as people no matter what affiliation should denounce such rhetoric and hold our elected officials accountable for such things. too many people will go to the grave defending their party though even if its 100% wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I was inclined and looked, I found nothing similar.
She simply has no home training.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

She simply has no home training.

Another thing on which we can agree! I expect that most of her "training" was done in an academic setting.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There are plenty of patriotic trump supporters. But there is a contingent we refer to as the cult - the consistently defensive, denialist lemmings who can't concede a single negative thing about trump - they are the unpatriotic ones.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Guaranteed no bones about it Libtard's will always play the race card given the chance. That's the big difference between lib's and Real America is that they always make up fake emotions to try and play off the benefits of they're misconceptions where the rest of us just want to make what's right right!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Maxine Waters makes an even more hilarious and preposterous politician than Al Franken.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: crazyewok

Trump is white.

Maxine Waters is a long time anti-white racist.

That's pretty much it.

And now old white dudes get to play the race card! What wonders Trump hath wrought!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

James Brown is looking pretty fly these days!

Seriously though, how is this woman in office? She has to be the most unintelligent politician sitting in office currently. You can almost see her straining to formulate her thoughts. The entire Democratic party is going senile.

When will John Mccain join the Dems?

He did but he just keeps forgetting.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

That is slang for she has no manners and etiquette. You know those things ones parents are supposed to instruct.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Wow what sorcery is this? Is trump a wizard? How did he make waters do anything? I suggest you be on guard trump may make you vote gop.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
“Mr. Speaker, my position against this president and his administration is clear. I oppose this president. I do not honor this president. I do not respect this president,” Waters said during a nearly 9-minute speech. then shouldn't she be FIRED? reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: DJW001

Wow what sorcery is this? Is trump a wizard? How did he make waters do anything? I suggest you be on guard trump may make you vote gop.

No, but he made Deny Arrogance into an aggrieved minority. (And yes, if the GOP develops a spine and impeaches Trump I will likely re-elect them.)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
“Mr. Speaker, my position against this president and his administration is clear. I oppose this president. I do not honor this president. I do not respect this president,” Waters said during a nearly 9-minute speech. then shouldn't she be FIRED? reply to: shooterbrody

This is a democracy. The President can't fire Congresspeople.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Pointing out divisive rhetoric and that people are divided is exactly what I did, but you're welcome for the opportunity to rant

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

He "represents" my state. When I voted last cycle, it was between Mccain and some Democrat.

I wrote in "MIckey Mouse", and I firmly believe that Mickey would have done a much, much, better job than Johnny Boy.

It was the first time I have ever used the write in option.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join