It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters questions patriotism of Trump supporters from House floor

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
"“And my mission and my goal is to make sure that he does not remain president of the United States of America,” Water said. "

Isn't that treason?

No.

She would have to wage war against the US or give it's enemies "aid and comfort".

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm fine with them not respecting the president. I'd have trouble finding conservatives that respect Obama. No harm in that, people have opinions.

I also don't mind her thinking she's better than Trump supporters (no matter how reluctant). It flows both ways.

As for her goal, I think it's cute. Keep screeching

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

"“And my mission and my goal is to make sure that he does not remain president of the United States of America,” Water said. "

Isn't that treason?

No.

She would have to wage war against the US or give it's enemies "aid and comfort".

Tell me, when it comes to your interpretation of treason, what's the difference between waging a war against the US versus waging a war against the legitimately elected US President? IMO, they one in the same.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maxine Waters needs to go to jail.

18 U.S. Code 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government;

18 U.S. Code 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I hate Bill but this is hilarious!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Ummm...duuude...stay out of the sun...if you are too swedy...you'll just end up being...all wet...

Besides...reluctance can be analogous to resistance...following the path of least resistance...she only flows one way...

Cute...huh...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Isn't that treason?

No.

Tell me, when it comes to your interpretation of treason, what's the difference between waging a war against the US versus waging a war against the legitimately elected US President? IMO, they one in the same.

She made a declaration of war?

Can you prove that, please?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think free speech is okay. It's not like she physically attacked the president.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
I think free speech is okay. It's not like she physically attacked the president.

Free speech is now considered an act or war by some.

Apparently, understanding the concept and legal definition is beyond the capacity of partisan snowflakes.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Isn't that treason?

No.

She made a declaration of war?

Can you prove that, please?

Introvert: "She would have to wage war against the US"
Sublimecraft: "Tell me, when it comes to your interpretation of treason"
introvert: "She made a declaration of war?"
Sublimecraft: No - you inferred Maxine Waters would need to ("wage war against the US") in order to fulfill your criteria of treason - I asked what, in your opinion, is the difference between waging war against the US vs US President.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sublimecraft: No - you inferred Maxine Waters would need to ("wage war against the US") in order to fulfill your criteria of treason - I asked what, in your opinion, is the difference between waging war against the US vs US President.

My interpretation is irrelevant, as is yours. There is a specific legal definition that must be adhered to in order to try/convict someone of treason.

Regardless, an act of war must be declared or she must be found to be aiding and harboring enemies of the state.

Can you provide her declaration of war or proof she is "aiding and harboring" enemies of the state?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This is the problem when words like treason or racism get tossed around as casually as they are nowadays. According to the US Code, treason requires war. Also according to the US Code, war is defined as armed conflict. Not hyperbole from a podium on the floor of the house.

Is she talking out of her ass? Absolutely. Is she advocating for the overthrow of the government? You could certainly argue it but I think she'd just claim hyperbole and you wouldn't get a conviction for it. But treason?

Not according to the US Code.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

This is the problem when words like treason or racism get tossed around as casually as they are nowadays. According to the US Code, treason requires war. Also according to the US Code, war is defined as armed conflict. Not hyperbole from a podium on the floor of the house.

Is she talking out of her ass? Absolutely. Is she advocating for the overthrow of the government? You could certainly argue it but I think she'd just claim hyperbole and you wouldn't get a conviction for it. But treason?

Not according to the US Code.

Exactly. She is being hyperbolic and talking out of her ass, but to claim it is treason is equal in hyperbole and "talking out of asses".

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Democrats love being covered in mud. When everyone is as dirty and as pompous as Maxine the guilt just slides right off.

edit on 28-3-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I Question Her Choice of Hair Stylist . James Brown She Ain't ....

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

“Mr. Speaker, my position against this president and his administration is clear. I oppose this president. I do not honor this president. I do not respect this president,” Waters said during a nearly 9-minute speech. "

That Statement Alone is a Denouncement of Her Oath of Office . If She Really Feels that way , then She should Resign Immediately .

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If we keep upping the patriot games, someone will hit jingoism pretty soon.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
*shrug*

She is absolutely within her rights to not respect Trump. Heck, *I* don't fully respect Trump and I voted for the guy. But she is expected to respect her duty to work for the people in her district. If a law comes by that will benefit them, she should support it.

She's also welcome to work on making him a one term president. That's what opposition parties do.

Beyond that, she's just fear-mongering.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: stosh64

“Mr. Speaker, my position against this president and his administration is clear. I oppose this president. I do not honor this president. I do not respect this president,” Waters said during a nearly 9-minute speech. "

That Statement Alone is a Denouncement of Her Oath of Office . If She Really Feels that way , then She should Resign Immediately .

I don't respect her at all but she is not required to swear fealty to the president, honor or respect the president.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The OFFICE of the President , which Represents All People in this Country , is being Attacked by Her here . Read the Quote Again......

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join