It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when everyone in power (govt.) has mud on them, and those in power have mud on the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The question was. What happens when everyone in power (govt) has mud on them, and those in power have mud on the others in power.

I think we are seeing the outcome of this. No one seems to care about the written laws on the books anymore. Everyone is scratching everyone elses back.

edit on 0300000005312017-03-28T08:31:05-05:00310503am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You get our current state of government. Liars afraid to tell the truth, because they would have to expose their own lies.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You have to fight fire with fire. You get the most crooked corrupt team together to oust the current corrupt crooks. Wait..... Never listen to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Trump's lack of existing political background may well turn out to be his biggest advantage.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Look in the mirror. We have a voting democracy, a constitution. We should all be more aware of whom we are giving all our power to, from city to the highest power in the nation. The last 8 year election cycle has been about one thing, the SCOTUS. Jobs, wars, health insurance, our failing cities, were bait. "Stupid is as stupid does." Now we have a bunch of psychos fighting over power and positions of power.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They've had mud on each other for years now which makes me curious as to why now, all of a sudden and all at once, the mud is coming out and the MSM is constantly reporting on it.

Makes me think all this mudslinging is part of the agenda. Push identity politics as much as possible while exposing the lies so that those who have bought into the identity politics will start hating each other over what other people have done.

I see it every day on these boards and in the real world, people turning against each other over identity politics when in reality the people they hate have nothing to do with what's going on in Washington.

They've turned us against one another through the narrative they are pushing and people continue to happily buy into it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Look in the mirror. We have a voting democracy, a constitution. We should all be more aware of whom we are giving all our power to, from city to the highest power in the nation. The last 8 year election cycle has been about one thing, the SCOTUS. Jobs, wars, health insurance, our failing cities, were bait. "Stupid is as stupid does." Now we have a bunch of psychos fighting over power and positions of power.

The problem is the vast majority of the voting public isn't all that bright nor informed in regards to politics. This is why the same dirtbags and incompetents keep getting elected. I've long believed that voting should be restricted. Voting is a right, but at the same time it is important enough that people should be required to show some level of competency. Quality over quantity imho.

This isn't just a problem at the federal level, but local as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The question was. What happens when everyone in power (govt) has mud on them, and those in power have mud on the others in power....

AND when the truth is made criminal via nondisclosure clauses, confidentiality agreements, gag orders, and secret courts, preventing the public from even knowing any of the truth -- much less the whole truth...

What happens? Nothing good.

And just like you said, that's where we are now.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I suppose purging the polls is one way. But, I don't believe people who take the time to register and get to the voting booths are dumb. They have to start looking around at results or no results that make life harder or easier from the legislature's laws.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What happens is outsiders start getting elected to positions where vote rigging fails.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
thunderdome!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I thought everyone in DC had mud on them already, that is where the people who can't tell the truth congregate.

Keep them there, don't throw them back into our world, we should be able to send more of the ones around here to Washington so we can start having a less stressful life. I know, I should not be picking on these people from DC. just because a lot of them are pathological liars does not mean I should pick on them. They are just mentally ill. Better there than in our home towns.

new topics

top topics

join