It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim woman and far right ‘who could not look beyond her attire’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Muslim woman pictured walking past London attack victim slams those ‘who could not look beyond my attire

The image, captured by photojournalist Jamie Lorriman, was widely shared on social media with hateful comments and bigotry towards Muslims.

“Muslim woman pays no mind to the terror attack, casually walks by a dying man while checking phone,” reads a tweet from Texas Lone Star.

Muslim woman pays no mind to the terror attack, casually walks by a dying man while checking phone#PrayForLondon #Westminster #BanIslam pic.twitter.com/B83Jwno65t — Texas Lone Star (@SouthLoneStar) March 22, 2017

Richard Spencer, a white nationalist from the so-called Alt-Right movement, tweeted the image along with “Walk on by…”
Walk on by… pic.twitter.com/8kCHYoNTIh — Richard 🥛 Spencer (@RichardBSpencer) March 22, 2017

The woman issued a statement through Muslim advocacy group TellMAMA UK saying she was “shocked and totally dismayed” by the attention and the abuse she has suffered from “those who could not look beyond my attire.”

Why would the far right create a fake story about what the woman was doing or feeling? Should we tolerate this type of BS from them?

She obviously was not looking at her phone and did look distraught but far right idiots create this false narrative that she was more interested in her phone than the victim.

edit on 28-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Why would the far right create a fake story about what the woman was doing or feeling? Should we tolerate this type of BS from them?

Because the far Right has the desire to create and perpetuate certain narratives about Muslims. It should not be tolerated and should be pointed-out every chance we get.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

Maybe it's just me, but if I was her I would probably have just crossed the street.

I would have no need to step over the victims of a massacre and risk being seen as too casual.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Maybe it's just me, but if I was her I would probably have just crossed the street.

I would have no need to step over the victims of a massacre and risk being seen as too casual.

It does not appear that she stepped over the victim, but at least you recognize the potential risk she takes and how ignorant people could perceive her as being "too casual".

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Hard to say what goes through someone's mind when they witness atrocities. Doubt it even occurred to her to cross the street or how it may it look.

Takes a cold heart to stop and consider how you may look in a situation, wouldn't you say so?
edit on 28-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

This does indeed deserve attention. I saw the pic and narrative last week and was digusted by the blatant lack of respect for both this woman and the victims.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Big news...again.

Should we tolerate this type of BS from them?

I have an idea...deport them all to an island...and instead of them...import a gazilion young muslim men...eager to integrate.

Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Pictures like these are too often used as weapons for either side to convey or enhance their political message. Far-right/Far-Left.

ALL are guilty for making assumptions of what was going on when none of them were there. Its a propaganda piece. Nothing more.

I'm not even outraged nor dismayed because I see for what it is made to be.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I don't particularly care for Muslims but how are the people whom are just standing around and watching the show any better?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Big news...again.

Should we tolerate this type of BS from them?

I have an idea...deport them all to an island...and instead of them...import a gazilion young muslim men...eager to integrate.

Problem solved.

We should actually deport the Islamic radicals, the far right and the far left to one island. Let the far right and radical Muslims fight it out while the far left makes excuses for each of them.

Hate all three. Islamic radicals are idiots, far right individuals love to demonize any group not white and the far left cry racism over every damn thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

I don't particularly care for Muslims but how are the people whom are just standing around and watching the show any better?

what would you have them do.. ?

or her for that matter ?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Have you ever tried to get know any? I go to school with lots and have a friend married to a Muslim man. They are just like everyone else, make jokes, laugh at each other, swear and don't bother anyone.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

are you kidding me man? The bitch with the hoodie and her face censored is standing over the victim just recording with her phone. I think she is the one who should be receiving backlash from that photo, if anyone at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

We should actually deport the Islamic radicals, the far right and the far left to one island. Let the far right and radical Muslims fight it out while the far left makes excuses for each of them.

I think far left would take Islamists side in that encounter

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I recall quite a few people 'walking on by' and they were from all backgrounds. It's just the reaction that some people have when faced with some form of mental trauma. It's happened before and will happen again. People just deal with situations differently.

This is just propaganda, which we are mired in all round.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Bigotry knows no logic.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I don't know guys, am I crazy to think that the normal thing to do would be to walk in the direction where there wasn't someone just mowed down by a truck?

I'm neither defending nor condemning the woman, and this thread will only reinforce the already existing polarities within ATS.

I am merely saying that if it was me, I would not be walking within the vicinity of a victim unless I were a friend, relative, or emergency responder.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Both sides do this, but I think there is a difference between trolls doing it on social media and celebrities doing it on prime time television.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

She did not step over anyone. I happen to know that the pedestrian access across those bridges is far wider than the shots perspective makes it appear, so she was not even CLOSE to walking over the victim/victims involved. Furthermore, she should have been under no more obligation to concern herself with appearances at a time like that, than anyone else on that bridge was.

She was clearly DEEPLY affected by what she had seen, what had occurred, as any one of us would be, regardless of colour, creed or ethnicity. Its a damned travesty that ANYTHING else could ever have been published about the situation, given the obviousness of it.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Because the far Right has the desire to create and perpetuate certain narratives about Muslims. It should not be tolerated and should be pointed-out every chance we get.

The CTRL-Left does the exact same thing with Christians.

O, ye hypocrites.

edit on 3/28/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join