It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More loss of health services in UK because too many people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The NHS will no longer pay for everyday medicines, including painkillers and cough mixture, the head of the health service has said. Simon Stevens has outlined plans for patients to have to pay for basic items, such as hay fever drugs, indigestion pills and gluten-free food, in a money-saving drive. The cuts are part of new measures to reduce £1 billion of costs in the health service, which is struggling to cope with a surge in demand CAUSED BY A RISING POPULATION.

But are British people having more children? When we start putting the above cuts, loss of services and the reasons being stated against this (from same Media source) I think we have cause for concern:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Population growth of last decade driven by non-white British The 2.5 million increase in population over the last decade has been driven entirely by non-'white British' people migrating to the country and higher birth rates among ethnic minority groups, official figures have indicated.

That means we are having to have less because of immigration to the UK. We are losing services because Britain obviously CAN'T COPE WITH DEMAND.

This is happening in jobs, housing and all other resource based sectors.

There is a Rwandan Arms Henchmen (so called "Security") Employer who runs his Rwandan business, that operates in Rwanda, (so he probably doesn't have to pay ANY tax here) from a COUNCIL HOUSE in the UK. He does that while I have to live in insecure and falling to bits accomodation, with a health problem, too, and social housing was meant for people like me, but it is being used for him instead. I was born here. He came here just a few years ago. They are looking after terrorists and arms dealers better than me.

I'll leave it for you guys to pussyfoot over and tell me it is the right thing and politically correct and all that.

Thanks a lot, Murky Merkel. I really don't like you, woman. I am so glad we are breaking free of your Valkyrie uncaring talons on our country. Do one, EU. I actually HATE YOU, believe it. There are 19,000 RED TAPE RULES imposed on Britain by a foreign "Club" that is NOT democratically elected. Right now they are asking which ones we should scrap. I say:

SCRAP THE LOT OF THEM

Espesh the immigration ones, lol.

edit on 28-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

You pay taxes all your working life only to be told there is no money to look after everyone!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Well, the success of the UK's subsidised health system is an ongoing embarrasment for the US, on both sides of big gov.

Could this story be a CIA plant?

edit on 28/3/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Still get free prescriptions in Scotland unless something has miraculously changed over night.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Well, the success of the UK's subsidised health system is an ongoing embarrasment for the US, on both sides of big gov.

Could this story be a CIA plant?

No, it is an ACCOUNTANT'S FACT! Read it for goodness sake before jibing in with that rubbish. When you surround facts with mud like this it covers it up. You are acting AGAINST information and attempting to make it fake. This is a government fact. This is what they are doing to our NHS budget and this is the STATED REASON WHY. They know that we know why the population is rising and it ain't because British women are breeding like rabbits. Native women are having hardly any children in comparison.

These problems of going without are showing to be because of IMMIGRATION.

I have watched it happen ion my lifetime. My opportunities and choices have dwindled to nothing. It is now a desert. Too many people chasing too few opportunities. They tried to tell us that more people would mean more prosperity. I agree that they were right, but it has meant more prosperity for them, not me. They did not tell me that bit.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
kind of sounds like they are refusing to pay for "over the counter drugs"??
yous were covered for gluten free foods? really??
for everybody, didn't matter who you are, how old you are, how much you made, or what your family size was?
and now, oh my god!! they don't want to pay for such basic items.... oh, you poor souls...

bet ya by the time I post this, or shortly thereafter, the thread will be filled with a bunch of comments about how this proves that a single payer system won't work in the United States....
where some people struggle just to come up with the money to buy their life saving insulin and other much needed medications with no coverage at all...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Still get free prescriptions in Scotland unless something has miraculously changed over night.

I am not actually sure if it will be England only or Scotland, too. It does not really specify. It will have a date where it kicks in. It is not that immediate.

It is getting to the point where I would be better off running away to Europe actually. I think I will play the same game back. The UK is horrible generally. I have never been to Scotland, but my life here in England is absolutely awful. I don't know how others feel, but I don't feel happy here.

I tried to run away to Israel, actually, but it all went terribly wrong. I ended up ranting outside the U.S/Israeli Embassy in Paris and so they locked me up on a Psychiatric Ward for a month in Paris. All I did wrong was try to escape persecution in the UK.

Now I hide in my house, miserable as sin, dreaming of escape like "The Prisoner". I am not joking; I feel that miserable here.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Rising population? no mention of all the under investment in all other aspects of the NHS?
1 in 4 hospitals due to close etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
kind of sounds like they are refusing to pay for "over the counter drugs"??
yous were covered for gluten free foods? really??
for everybody, didn't matter who you are, how old you are, how much you made, or what your family size was?
and now, oh my god!! they don't want to pay for such basic items.... oh, you poor souls...

bet ya by the time I post this, or shortly thereafter, the thread will be filled with a bunch of comments about how this proves that a single payer system won't work in the United States....
where some people struggle just to come up with the money to buy their life saving insulin and other much needed medications with no coverage at all...

I know. I feel for you. I really do. I am very fond of American people. I don't hate you like all the liberals do. I want you to have better lives. You deserve it. I think the authorities are really heavy on you.

All I can say is that Jesus even said pay your taxes. I say pay your taxes and DEMAND better treatment. To have civility and adequate resources COSTS. We must pay for it. However, the system they designed is screwing us all in their favour.

I am really not liking life any more. There is a horrible vibe everywhere. Even if I had gone to Israel it would have been a life living in the middle of a bloody war.

I really think we are screwed in the West if we carry on like this. Others will take over. When that happens little Israel will be screwed. They will not care about Israel like the UK and U.S does.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
Rising population? no mention of all the under investment in all other aspects of the NHS?
1 in 4 hospitals due to close etc.

Well, that's a very valid fact they are CLOSING HOSPITALS, but WHY? Yes, like a diverting tactic, that, too, but not only.

I would have considered that if it was not the official accountancy reason being blamed. Playing politics with accounting is fraudulent, though. They have to be very careful as it can very easily become fraud.

The reason is valid. I predicted people would pussyfoot about it and even pretend it is fake.

You see, the reason they are closing hospitals is because of this. They are having to concentrate services.

We can't get around it. There are too many people here.

I WANT TO LEAVE. I VOLUNTEER TO GO. LET ME GO AS I WANT TO GET AWAY FROM HERE.

See, what more can I do. I would gladly go.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

gluten-free food

NHS pays for this ???

God damn...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Its nothing to do with population but deliberate underfunding by a government that wants to force its privatisation. If we can afford to spend millions if not billions on cutting corporation tax and on Trident. There is no excuse.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
They'll blame immigrants for health tourism, they'll blame the disabled, they'll blame unhealthy people, they'll blame everybody including you; but the reality is the budgets are being squeezed and the system is being made to fail because they want to privately sell off the institutions our taxes paid for.

If we can't maintain decent services in one of the most highly taxed nations on earth as our leaders set about robbing the planet in wars of conquest then the system itself is not fit for purpose.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
That's the bad thing about govt entitlements, one second you have them, the next they're gone.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Thank god for immigration, its immigrants that keeps the NHS afloat. Our government doesn't want to pay to train nurses, would rather import them.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

gluten-free food

NHS pays for this ???

God damn...

Yes, they do. There are poor people here who would die from Gluten allergies if they had to live on the diet they can afford.

Food is so expensive here now. I only weigh 9 stone and I am a 5' 9" guy. Have you seen what gluten allergies do to people?

If celiac disease is left untreated, complications ranging from iron deficiency to osteoporosis to cancer may develop. Some of these problems can occur because of the small intestine's reduced ability to digest food and absorb nutrients properly.23 Jan 2016

I have some well weird allergies now. I can't keep any weight on and I get nosebleeds and severe sinus swelling if I don't use a nasal spray. I think it is the pollution in the air that comes over from France.

www.theguardian.com...

UK issues health warnings as smog cloud spreads across Europe Up to 90% of the pollution has blown in from European cities causing a spike in levels across Britain and triggering warnings to asthma sufferers and older people

We are made ill by our environment, largely because of profit before welfare, and then denied treatments when it makes us ill.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Its nothing to do with population but deliberate underfunding by a government that wants to force its privatisation. If we can afford to spend millions if not billions on cutting corporation tax and on Trident. There is no excuse.

They are telling you this as a fact, but you are not reading it properly. They have told you the reason why. It IS the reason why. They can't lie over budget. That is FRAUD.

You are refusing to deal with reality. You are doing that because you want it to be about something else. You are the problem because that is how fake news works. Things have got so bad and you are so hypnotized that you just make up the news to fit your own narrative. You don't even believe stuff when it stares you in the face.

You could be in a terrorist incident and still not accept that there are people out there who want to kill you because you are not one of them.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I am watching our rights die and watching people agreeing that it should be done and saying we are spoilt for the rights we had because they do not have them.

We are screwed.

If I was in charge of this thing right now I would be tightening right up on immigration, watching those we deem to be a threat very closely indeed and making sure wages reflected living expenses, that corporations paid their taxes like Christ told them to, lol. I would tell people what it costs. I would give them the choice as to whether they want to have a good health service and that if they want it then it is gonna cost.

Up to you, folks. Up to you how much you allow yourselves to be exploited and uncared for. Just remember, you will have to reap what you sow. In a very short time indeed you will be the old lady in the hospital, you will be the old guy in the Old People's Home who's family are too busy to visit because they need the cash to stay alive; too far away because you had to go where there was a spare bed, 100s of miles away.

I'm not like you. I am a fighter. I don't lay down and die and help my murderer murder me. It is like you help him twist the dagger into your gut, lol.

Wake up Sheepy Weeps! How you are gonna howl and wail if you don't.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I feel for you buddy, if it's any consolation up here in bonny Scotland it's not exactly a pick-nick ether. We also have a multitude of problems both social and financial to contend with.

Fact of the matter is that from the common everyday workingman's perspective our union is a sinking ship, or at least taking on water at an alarming rate.

Things are going to get a hell of a lot worse before they get any better.
edit on 28-3-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The NHS is cumbersome and outdated.

The Politian’s needs to sit down and look at how France, Japan and the Scandinavian country’s provide healthcare that is superior to the UK.

But they wont. The conservatives will continue to stealth cut while being to scared to address the problem while Labour froth at the mouth and religiously try to guard the status quo crying about going to a "US healthcare system" while ignoring the fact there are a dozen other country’s with better healthcare systems than the UK that do provide free healthcare for all.

We need to grow up and accept that yes the US healthcare system sucks but so does ours and there is more to the world than the UK and USA!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join