It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - President Trump has Advocated Universal Government-Run HealthCare for Decades.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Trump, if he is for real, could be up against some of the biggest lobby groups in America which would make something like this very difficult.

However if Trump just went on the internet or some media outlet where he could guarantee everyone heard him and say "listen folks, this is what i want to do...i want to give EVERYONE Medicaid with no deductible, no exclusion for pre existing condition, but the insurance lobby and the political Establishment wont let me..." dont you think that ONE THING right there would cause MILLIONS of people to march on DC DEMANDING that Trump be allowed to do this?

In my opinion either Trump is playing a very slow and secretive game of chess against some of the biggest players or he just lacks the will to do it. Everyone would rally behind him on this issue irrespective of political leaning.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I know one thing... people are not as partisan as politicians are, when it comes to their and their family's well-being and health.

When President Trump says, like he did last month, that he wants "wonderful healthcare that covers everybody", he means it.

In fact, that's exactly what he told House Speaker Paul Ryan. He wants a plan that meets HIS criteria ASAP, or he'll work with the Democrats to make it happen for the American people.

Quote: ""Ryan said in a CBS News interview Wednesday (3.29.2017), that if Republicans don't unite, Trump would "just go work with Democrats to try and change Obamacare." "That's hardly a conservative thing," he said.""

Source: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

When President Trump says, like he did last month, that he wants "wonderful healthcare that covers everybody", he means it.

Trump says a lot of things, like bringing back clean, beautiful coal. It is not clear whether or not he means the things he says, and often they are things that simply cannot be done.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Trump says a lot of things, like bringing back clean, beautiful coal. It is not clear whether or not he means the things he says, and often they are things that simply cannot be done.

But since he's the President, one sentence from his lips, carries more "weight" than a thousand sentences (or posts) from any of us. The wise thing to do is to measure Trump's promises, against his attempts to fulfill those promises. So far, he's a straight arrow in that regard.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DJW001

But since he's the President, one sentence from his lips, carries more "weight" than a thousand sentences (or posts) from any of us. The wise thing to do is to measure Trump's promises, against his attempts to fulfill those promises. So far, he's a straight arrow in that regard.

Has Obamacare been repealed? Has Mexico agreed to pay for the wall? How is that Muslim ban coming along? Oh well, at least he has gotten rid of all the greedy capitalists and war mongers in the cabinet and replaced them with bankers and generals.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

None of that says anything about Trump wanting Universal Government Health Care.
He has never said that.

He wants to make it more competitive for Insurance Companies and Prescription companies so that costs come down, so that everyone can afford to choose and pay for their own insurance.

The recent issues are that Ryan and the GOP promised Trump that their plan would be what he promised. When it wasn't, they then promised him that there would be phase 2 and 3, which I believe they had no intention of doing. Trump tried to make the best of it by at least getting the job started pushing for the Ryan plan, with plans to improve upon it later. The GOP are messing this up, not Trump. They should have had a better plan that does what Trump promised.

edit on 3/31/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Not a surprise at all to the people old enough to remember him flirting with running back in the 80s early 90s..

Personally I do not see how this government can effectively run healthcare, but I am not dead set against single payer.

Also anything involving Ryan will be a failure... that guy is just as power hungry as Hillary, he is just a little better at disguising it.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Donald Trump does not care about your healthcare; he has a personal physician. Trump's chief motivation appears to be effacing President Obama's legacy.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Why should the middle class pay for the healthcare of poor people who can't afford it? That ain't fair and that ain't right.

I agree whole heartedly. Now if it cost 120 dollars a month for each individual and 360 for a family then I wouldn't have a problem if EVERYONE paid THERE FAIR SHARE. The problems with damn liberals is they talk about paying a fair share when they pay peanuts and the middle class get screwed with monthly bills larger than a house note.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It would sure be nice if the government would regulate the costs of prescription drugs and keep them in line with average costs across the globe.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
April 3, 2017

ANOTHER REASON why you need to have a GOVERNMENT OPTION in America's healthcare market. You need REALLY DEEP POCKETS when just ONE patient costs a health insurance company $18,000,000 ($18 MILLION) in a year.

Story: www.thinkadvisor.com...

Due (in part) to the above medical claims from this one patient, Wellmark Blue Cross of Iowa is throwing in the towel. No plans for individuals in 2018. Those who have them now, will be cancelled on 12/31/2017.

Even worse, ANTHEM Blue Cross (the nation's largest) is close to leaving every individual ObamaCare market in the entire country on 12/31/2017.

Story: www.nytimes.com...

President Trump is being kept in the loop better than the ObamaCare-loving mainstream media. He KNOWS that ObamaCare is ceasing to exist for people who are above the poverty line. (Those who make too much for Medicaid)

As a result, the President has been meeting with leaders and experts very frequently since the American Health Care Act bombed out. The LATEST is that a new plan COULD be ready before Easter Recess begins on 4.7.2017.

The Latest a/o 4.3.2017: truthfeed.com...

Congress had better come up with a replacement FAST. It will take many MONTHS to get the Medicare-Medicaid-FreeMarket system ready for a January 2018 launch.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For those who appreciate balanced, logical assessments of the cost of Universal HealthCare in America, this is a quick, but informative read.

decisiondata.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
April 22, 2017

Aging Conservative columnist George Will is making what I think is a solid prediction. Single-Payer will be in America before President Trump leaves office.

crooksandliars.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
June 13, 2017

After familiarizing himself with more details of the American Health Care Act, which was passed by the House last month, President Trump is now calling it a "mean" piece of legislation.

I believe we're either going to see ObamaCare beefed up by the Senate, or a hybrid Universal Healthcare / Private Healthcare system, like some Senators are now advocating.

Trump tells Senators that AHCA is "Mean": www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

He's been a Democrat his entire life. Is anyone surprised I'm not. What I find funny is democrats went so far the the left they made a Democrat a republican.

<< 1   >>

join