It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - President Trump has Advocated Universal Government-Run HealthCare for Decades.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Tuesday, March 28, 2017

But since he is a Republican President, Donald Trump can't just come out advocating for "Single-Payer". However, he has traveled the world extensively, and made friends in many countries. This exposure is why Donald Trump has frequently espoused the advantages of government-run healthcare for all citizens.

This article highlights five times since 1999 that Donald Trump has stated that the U.S.A. should "take care of it's citizens" via a Universal Healthcare system.

Link: ijr.com...

Even after becoming President of the United States, Donald Trump has dropped "hints" that Universal Healthcare is his goal.

1. When the Republican ObamaCare replacement plan, the American Health Care Act (AHCA), was in it's formation stages, President Trump exclaimed, "It's going to be great! Everyone will be covered with great healthcare!".

2. Once President Trump found out that the Republican plan was not what he had asked for, he went silent...and stayed that way for weeks. My guess is that House Leader Paul Ryan reached out to President Trump and asked (begged) him to support the AHCA. One week before this ObamaCare repeal-replace bill was to be voted on, suddenly, President Trump started reluctantly endorsing it.

3. When Paul Ryan told Trump that he didn't have enough votes to pass the AHCA bill, President Trump demanded that he withdraw the bill from the House floor...NOT to vote on it.

4. That was 4 days ago. Since that time, President Trump has continued to say that ObamaCare is imploding and will continue to do so. But he's also promising Americans... "Don't Worry...no one will get hurt when ObamaCare crashes."

5. In addition, President Trump is now saying that Democrats have some "good ideas" for healthcare in America, and he wants to work with them, in crafting a "wonderful replacement" to what we have now.

6. And lastly..President Trump signed 2 Executive Orders designed to cause ObamaCare to crash and burn even faster. And he has no intention of reversing them, even though the Ryan-designed AHCA failed to be enacted.

You add all this together, and the direction that President Trump wants to take HealthCare in this country is obvious, don't you think?

I see him enabling a 3-tier system for America..

1.) Opening Medicare to anyone who wants it, and can afford to purchase the coverage.

2.) Medicaid to anyone who cannot afford to buy in to Medicare.

3.) Private Health Insurance for anyone who wants it, assuming they're healthy enough to be approved, and can afford the premiums.

By June 30th, HHS Secretary Tom Price will know how many health insurance companies will participate in each state for 2018, and what their premiums and increases will be. Soon thereafter, he'll know how many doctors and hospitals will/will not accept ObamaCare patients for 2018. If, as expected, the premiums are significantly higher and medical provider participation is even less than what we're seeing this year, President Trump will present the "3-tier" system to the full Congress for URGENT consideration.

Naturally, this thread is just a guess/prediction/hope of mine, but it is based on Donald Trump's history and interviews while he was a multi-national business tycoon. That environment is where he shaped his beliefs. I don't think being President for 90 days has changed any of them. If anything, after seeing how inefficient ObamaCare is, and how dysfunctional his own party has become, his desire for a simple system, that takes care of all Americans' medical needs, is stronger than ever. The CBO will show this as costing much less than ObamaCare, while covering more people, as well!

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm all in favor of single payer and could even support "Medicare for All". But if you think that the Trumpcare/Ryancare healthcare bill had congressional opposition, just wait until the debate against single payer begins.

1. Republicans have been aggressively anti-"socialized medicine" for decades. There's no way their far right base will suddenly be in favor of it.

2. There's a simple reason why Democrats didn't include single payer, "Medicare for All", or even a "public option" into the ACA/Obamacare when they fully controlled both chambers of Congress: they couldn't! Not enough Democratic powerbrokers or donors wanted it! In fact, they almost didn't pass any healthcare bill at all because 39 of the House Democrats at the time (mostly the "Blue Dog Democrats") even voted against the ACA.

3. As I pointed out in a different thread (HERE), the healthcare sector is always one of the top spenders on lobbyists. In 2016 they were the top spender by far, spending roughly 4 times as much as the defense sector.

I firmly believe that any elected official that votes for a serious single payer bill will face the full wrath of the healthcare sector come election season. That's a virtual career death sentence for many politicians in districts with many healthcare related jobs. To pass something like this would require a true unity movement/coalition at the federal level, which I don't think is likely.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I'm all in favor of single payer and could even support "Medicare for All". But if you think that the Trumpcare/Ryancare healthcare bill had congressional opposition, just wait until the debate against single payer begins.

It will be glorious to watch Democrats rally against a single payer system.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

It will be glorious to watch Democrats rally against a single payer system.

You mean again? Because you can find quite a few Democratic powerbrokers and politicians making statements against single payer over the last few decades. Didn't Hillary herself attack Bernie on single payer during the Democratic primaries, saying it would "never ever come to pass"?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

If Trump can get a universal healthcare system passed into law I will vote for him in the next election. I don't anticipate doing that.
edit on 28-3-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Why should the middle class pay for the healthcare of poor people who can't afford it? That ain't fair and that ain't right.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Many people have over the years. The problem is getting a system designed that will work. And without the interference of the insurance companies, big pharma, lawyers and all the others who'll take a hit. That's some powerful opposition. Trump will never keep his promise on this one. He was reckless and naïve.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Why should the middle class pay for the healthcare of poor people who can't afford it? That ain't fair and that ain't right.

The dead bodies of the poor rotting in the street might inconvenience you enough to shell out a few bucks. You don't know what you, personally, might catch from a sick poor person. Universal healthcare is enlightened self interest.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I dont understand how America doesnt have free healthcare or universal healthcare or whatever you call it.

Its something the rest of the developed world takes for granted and has for as long as anyone alive can remember.

For the freest country on Earth America sure seems restrictive and expensive

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

If we see President Trump inviting Senator Sanders to his office for a little chit-chat, that will be another tip-off that President Trump is seriously considering a "single-payer" option.

Because he's NOT a politician, the President thinks in terms of efficiency.. not who will get mad, or what donations will be withheld.

I bet Trump would be able to more eloquently and forcefully state the case for a Single-Payer option, than he did for Ryan's AHCA.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So you blame the mess only on the American taxpayer ? what about the insurance companies that collect half of what doctors make for malpractice insurance ? what about the lawyers that sue the doctors/hospitals for millions ? what about the pharma co. that increases the medication prices tenfold ? the American Healthcare system is broken! it needs to be fixed from the root.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001 You best be careful, you have already eaten your words about Trump a handful of times. The fact that you will vote for him in the next election may not be as preposterous as it sounds. I think the OP is on to something.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You pay for it anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: allsee4eye

The dead bodies of the poor rotting in the street might inconvenience you enough to shell out a few bucks. You don't know what you, personally, might catch from a sick poor person. Universal healthcare is enlightened self interest.

Yes, I know all the rotting poor in the streets was a yuuuuge problem for me back in 2008 before the ACA stopped the rotting corpses from piling up. I hear the ACA brought people back to life too. It's that damn good.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that you can find ample evidence of Donald Trump being on both sides of almost every issue. That's because he's a suck-ass extraordinaire and he'll say whatever he thinks the audience currently in front of him wants to hear.

The biggest obstacle against single-payer universal healthcare is the for-profit, private healthcare insurance industry and the enormous power of their lobby in D.C..

Simply put, they're not going to let go of their cash cow without a fight and that fight includes threatening legislators with a loss of campaign funding if they support such an initiative.

That's what stopped HillaryCare in it's tracks back in the Clinton years and they're still the ones stopping us today. They're the reason that public option and/or single payer advocates were denied a seat at the table when the ACA was being formulated.

It's time for the people to wake up to the fact that the private, for-profit healthcare insurance industry is really nothing more than a middle man who sucks their profit out of the process by denying claims, while not providing not any actual healthcare services.

They're like horse drawn cannons, there is no modern day use for them and it's time to phase them out of the picture.

As far as Donald Trump goes, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on him to enact any improvements anytime soon. I don't think he knows the first thing about healthcare.

"Who knew healthcare was so complicated?"

On the other hand, I told my wife this morning that if the Trump & the republicans were smart, they'd initiate a not-for-profit, single-payer healthcare system and claim it as their own.

But therein lies the problem.......They're not that smart. Hell, I'm not sure that Trump doesn't have an extra pair of chromosomes.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Whatever our thoughts about Single-Payer, or Private Health Insurance, or the President's flexibility, today he SEEMS to be leaning even more towards bringing America a combo Single-Payer/Private Market solution.

Excerpt from: www.nytimes.com...

""But then Mr. Trump suggested that he could also cut a deal with Democrats, a move that would almost certainly make more conservative members of the House balk. “Do not worry,” he said on Twitter, “we are in very good shape!”

At a White House reception for senators on this evening, Mr. Trump called for Republicans and Democrats to work together as he predicted that “we are all going to make a deal on health care.”

“That’s such an easy one,” Mr. Trump said. “I have no doubt that that’s going to happen very quickly.”"

-cwm

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Trump says a lot of things.

How did he actually earn his money? The banks got together because of the massive bankruptcy and branded his name - - to save themselves.

They, the banks, sold Trump.

So, just because Trump talks about something - - - it has little value.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So you don't pay any attention to what President Trump tweets, utters, promises, or threatens? Be it good, or bad???

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Annee

So you don't pay any attention to what President Trump tweets, utters, promises, or threatens? Be it good, or bad???

NO, I don't.

Only what's discussed here from all sides.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

President Trump has Advocated Universal Government-Run HealthCare for Decades.

The outcome of this happening would be epic.

I can see it now CNN breaking news and the LEFT attacking Universal Government-Run HealthCare as stupid. All the while the right and foxnews taking a 180 and screaming Universal Government-Run is to big to fail and we must implemented just this once.

One thing is for certain in this scenario. The healthcare lobbyist will still be making billions per quarter and the system will continue to be broken for the pee ons. The only difference will be the political cheerleaders of the Left will now hate it and the political cheerleaders of the Right will love it , but nothing will be fixed.

edit on 13331America/ChicagoWed, 29 Mar 2017 00:13:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join