It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Robert Ortt R-NY and former Sen. Maziarz R-NY, Indicted on Felony Election Law Violations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Dont forget some of us while leaning right consider the Republicans to be about as useful as a boil on the buttocks...but we consider a lot of the policies being pushed from the left through the democrats to be as useful as a good rampant case of genital warts.

Either way we know we the people are screwed... without the benefit of a happy ending.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Gryphon66

Dont forget some of us while leaning right consider the Republicans to be about as useful as a boil on the buttocks...but we consider a lot of the policies being pushed from the left through the democrats to be as useful as a good rampant case of genital warts.

Either way we know we the people are screwed... without the benefit of a happy ending.

I don't forget that some of us on all "sides" are focused on the real issues, Irish.

That was not what was going on with the post I responded to.

Well, the funny thing about genital warts is that they spread. So who's to say whether they came from Republicans or Democrats.

The point is that it's all STD, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Irishhaf

Probably not.

Right is bad, left is good. Thread created to "prove" it. Job done.

Aside from just general news, this isn't exactly earth shattering. Politicians got caught being corrupt? Noooo waaaaay!

So the comments that suggest "left is bad, right is good" are better somehow? LOL

If we're going to condemn, let's condemn partisanship, not one "side" of it.

I think my post history would bear out that I'm more than happy to call out hyper partisanship and hypocrisy, regardless of what side is doing it. Pretending I don't is, ironically, hypocritical.

See? Called it out just fine.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: rickymouse
. It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.

I don't understand this statement. Do you have an example?

This is the only post I have made stating I had a source. It is in the middle of the case.

You are online, I will give you time to look.

Remember the fresh orange juice scam, how it was all over the news? Did you ever hear what evolved from that? nothing, they still do it the same way.

When the newspapers here write about a big story and it turns out to be nothing much and interest wanes, that three days of first page news gets retracted or solved on page five in a little article because it kind of got blown out of proportion in the news. It is the same way all over, you hear about things then never hear what happens. Most people don't have a good memory and forget all about things as they see another carrot dangling somewhere else. I went back on about twenty big things I remembered in the news back years ago and researched what happened in the end. Not much changed, people just thought they did, they assumed the person or corporation got punnished. Nothing came of it.

Did you ever study the truth about the Irish potato famine, what really happened there? It was not what we were taught in school.

My friend you have missed the point. In your post you stated:

Hopefully we hear how this comes out. It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.

Reldra, as usual, has taken taken the word "you" out of context and is accusing you of accusing her of not following up on posts. "We" might have been a better choice of words to prevent the feeble minded from misconstruing your words. Anyone with an ounce of sense can clearly see that is what you meant.

I don't see a problem with how I stated it, but you are right, I could have worded it so someone would not think I was pointing a finger at them. Maybe "We" would have been a better choice of a word. I talk like a yooper, using your hands to help explain in a conversation. Well I can't use hand expression to help on line. Also, in person, you can see the expression on a person's face, clearing up problems immediately if you see they are taking it wrong. On line it can balloon out of control after five or six posts and get worse.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Funny, if you'd read the links you'd know what I cited is election fraud ... voter fraud and election fraud are often confused.

I'm sure you do want to talk only about something that makes it look like Democrats are somehow "more corrupt" than Republicans when the reality is, of course it's POLITICIANS that are corrupt.

The citations in the article are clear. You're merely trying to obfuscate the issue. How many times does the phrase "election law fraud" have to be repeated?

From your citation of the NYT article (funny that)

The senator, Robert G. Ortt, accused of being part of a plot to pad his own income by using a no-show job for his wife, was arraigned in the Albany County courtroom of Judge Peter Lynch. Mr. Ortt succeeded George D. Maziarz, a Republican who retired in 2014, who was also arraigned on Thursday on five felony counts of filing false campaign expenditure reports.

What law were they charged for breaking? Election law.

Keep playing Red Hat/ Blue Hat games ... and I'll keep demonstrating that Republicans are dirty too.

Or, you can discuss the real issue here either way.

Your links specifically say "voter fraud". So....are you just pointing out how ignorance works or...?

And here ya go skippy...a link to NY Election Laws...feel free to point out the one that is being discussed.

NY Election Law

It's a long read but I can save you some time by telling you what the OP article says is just not in there.

Simple fact...OP story is crap reporting.

The quote from my source definitely has nothing to do with election fraud.

I'd say "election law fraud" needs to be repeated about as much as "anonymous official sources" in this case, because neither apply.

Oh...and I am discussing the real issue...the issue of this thread and the OP source being completely wrong, but I digress...
edit on 3/28/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
Yep, six replies in before the Obama/Hillary card is thrown.

Go figure.

Gotta pass the blame somehow, I guess. smh.

well yeah....republicans don't take responsibility....look how trump blames everyone else except himself. the democrats forced those republicans to commit crimes. trump even blamed democrats for not helping to overturn the ACA...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
It just might be me but one of them isn't a felony which would make this title misleading.

There are 2 being charged with felonies. A third, related person, has pleaded to a misdemeanor in return for testimony.

You should read the article. There are 3 people mentioned here. Not to difficult.

Sorry i just was reading your post instead of the article which left that bit out!

The title of my post mentions a Senator, and a former Senator. The post mentions the chair of the Republican party in Niagara County. My post included all 3 of the principles.

If they voted against Trump care they will be screwed. if they voted for it they will be Pardoned.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
Yep, six replies in before the Obama/Hillary card is thrown.

Go figure.

Gotta pass the blame somehow, I guess. smh.

well yeah....republicans don't take responsibility....look how trump blames everyone else except himself. the democrats forced those republicans to commit crimes. trump even blamed democrats for not helping to overturn the ACA...

In washington they are all to blame for everything wrong in th eUS. both sides all parties.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Looks like people from the republican side watched Hillary and Obama get away with felonies so many times that they figured they could do it too, and get away with it. Alas, they figured wrong..Usually only democrats get that special free pass.

It took less than ten replies before someone brought Hillary up.

Obviously because they have set the stage for unaccountability, unbridled and overt criminal activity, bribery, graft, murder, scandals galore, greed, pay to play, rampant hypocrisy, and other behaviors so low and deceitful to the America people, including their supporters.

So when someone who never once condemned those actions of those two named above feels motivated to post about 2 corrupt republicans as if the actions of the two republicans did something bad, and these things need to discussed and condemned only because it's two republicans, then yes, the point is that Hypocrisy is sitting in the front seat here with the microphone turned up to maximum volume as always, and everyone except those who remain in a MSM approved state of incoherent denial can see it.

And it's good entertainment!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

but one of them isn't a felony

And one out of ten Trump voters may not be retarded, but that doesn't change the fact that the rest of them are.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So let slip...?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

but one of them isn't a felony

And one out of ten Trump voters may not be retarded, but that doesn't change the fact that the rest of them are.

At least they make more money, you know, the stuff that supports the voters on the losing side.....

Oh, and they won, so I guess that makes 9 of 10 dems just plain lazy....probably why most are getting government handouts...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"Skippy" ... aww aren't you cute.

Of course it's a matter of Election Fraud. What are they being INDICTED under?

An Albany County grand jury indicted two state senators Wednesday – one sitting and one retired – on felony election law violations as part of Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman’s probe of election law fraud in Niagara County. State Sen. Robert G. Ortt and former Sen. George D. Maziarz, both with deep roots as North Tonawanda Republicans, are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday morning in Albany City Court before Judge Peter Lynch.

USA Breaking News.net

You're so anxious to provide cover for Republicans and condemn Democrats that you missed that little detail, huh?

Further, as an update:

timesunion.com

An eight-count felony indictment unsealed Thursday in Albany County Court charged state Sen. Robert Ortt of Niagara County in a scam to arrange a $21,500 no-show job for his wife. The man whom Ortt replaced, former Sen. George Maziarz, is charged with covering up $95,000 in secret campaign-cash payments to an ex-staffer who quit amid a sexual harassment scandal.

And furthermore:

After more than two years of investigation, the Democratic attorney general contends Ortt and Maziarz maintained pass-through campaign accounts that financed no-show jobs. Schneiderman called it “a shameful breach of the public trust.”

The Buffalo News - March 26, 2017

Also, you ignored the other multiple examples I provided of Republicans involved in Election and Voter Fraud, which is the point of the OP. I see you want to ignore those facts, eh?

So, "Scooter" ... why don't you put that in your bubble-pipe and ... well, you know what to do.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So, here, we have Republican Election violations. They happen.

Good send them to jail .

Now if we could only get debbie wasserman schultz and the MSM arrested for election manipulation.
Than we might make a difference.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join