It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so who wants to hear about my real UFO story?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ok, leave your requests and i will get back to you...j/k

Seriously though... it was on the way thru New Mexico on one of many road trips (a couple of years back)...
I have a lot of questions about what happened
First off, I didn't realize what i had seen for some time, until my "brain came back into focus"
i would call it an abduction, but have absolutley no memories or flashes of seeing any occupants
it was simply seeing a ufo, and thinking "wow..there is a UFO and it looks like a streetlamp" and the VERY NEXT MOMENT telling myself "no it is not a UFO, that is a streetlamp".
It wasn't me saying that... and somewhere in the back of my head, i decided that it wasn't a streetlight, because i kept looking back at it...(i am sure some are saying..."ok so it was a streetlight"..just keep reading)

As i was saying... this streetlamp was hovering about 100-150 feet off the ground, and at least that far from the nearest cliff. It was also moving very very slowly... i couldn't tell it was at first, until i caught a few seconds of peek at it. so Not a streetlight

now as to the event... it was as if something was giving me a subliminal suggestion (freaky alien raygun?) of "everything is alright...nothing to see here.." and i was allowing my first observations of it seeming like a streetlight to overcome the far more rational thought of... its a freakin UFO! look it is just hovering right there not close to anything...wake up you idiot....

(these were actually not so far off from what my inner voice was telling me thru the fog of "everything is fine") I really put the whole thing to the back of my mind as i concentrated on driving again... about an hour later the inner voice broke thru, and i burst out vocally with "holy cow"(not the exact wording) that was a freakin UFO (again, not the exact term used) Why didn't i stop and realize that? i thought maybe i had fallen asleep while driving and imagined the whole thing... but that was an awfully long road to dream... extremely confusing situation for me... I have to laugh now... I drive mostly at night on my road trips, so i have a better chance to see ufos, and have put over 400,000 miles on 3 vehicles in 8 years and finally had a perfect opportunity for some great video, and pics, hell i could have probably thrown a rock that far... and they hit me with an idiot ray, so i would miss the whole thing... yeah... a streetlight... DOH! The next time i see a giant flying pieplate or a streetlight in the middle of nowhere, i'll take pics because that is interesting anyway... and later i will thank myself for it...

Description: looked like on old style streetlamp, upside down plate with a teacup shape on top (vague outline) due to the main feature, which was a parabolic lit bottom...the glow was similiar to a heavily frosted cover, but the light underneath seemed to fluctuate, or flow like a neon sign that is a little low on gas...

Description of occupants: they could have been penguins with tentacles for all i know... only saw the ship... although the slow cruise movement of the object could have been standard unaliened probe behavior... it looked like it was standing still, until i could keep my eyes on it for a few seconds... it was almost like it was playing possum...or maybe studing something, maybe a cattle mutilation interupted (didn't see anything else out there of interest)
give me your thoughts... and questions... and keep in mind... that i put all this together after a very confusing event, so bare with me

i guess i would want to know what it was doing in the middle of very rural New mexico NOT REALLY MOVING ? there is nothing there, except maybe certain minerals.
and if anyone has ever heard of such an "idiot ray" for lack of a better term?
thanks

[edit on 11-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow... i see this was the best forum to relate my experience...
RATS sure was the right choice...

come on people... help me out....
can anyone offer any enlightenment on a subliminal suggestion type weapon...
i mean, if our government is messing with them, then aliens could have them also right?

I have to tell you... if they do, then none of us can be sure of what we are seeing...

in whitley striebers books, he alluded to a "confusion that hides that truth" being permiated by the aliens... and that they could appear without revealing themselves...

I wonder how many times someone writes off an encounter, because the damn thing was just a "giant flying frisbee in the middle of nowhere" while actually being a UFO. Has anyone else seen something that they could only explain as a rather normal object doing wierd things in wierd places. Think back...
After my experience, i always look at situations on many levels, due to being fooled once, i doubt i will fall for the illusion again... if it doesn't make sense, then i take note of anything i can, to review later, after the effects of the "idiot ray" wear off.

I have also read about a pschological phenomenon that keeps people from seeing UFOS due to there own preconcieved notions, whereby the UFO is perceived as a balloon or aircraft so that the human brain can accept it into its subconscious autologs...
I don't think this is what happened to me, because my inner voice was argueing with the hypnosis the whole time... but between the idiot ray and our own inablility to accept the sight of an unkown object, it is a wonder that there are as many UFO sightings as there have been.

thank you for any info you have on mind control weapons or subliminal suggestion abilities of the visitors...and any other feedback...

[edit on 2-2-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I read it and it's pretty interesting but I really didn't have anything to add....

Maybe if you're looking for a lot of responses you should post it in the aliens forum, is there really anything REALLY ATS about this?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
thanks for reading...
actually, i was hoping to get more qualified responses than the typical open forum ones like:
"OH BS"
or "not as good as my sighting"
thought maybe i could reach more serious members here, since my experience involves a question of "what the hell happened" i was hoping to hear some good suggestions.

anyone else have a theory on the "idiot ray" or techniques for mind control?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ok so maybe everyone here doesn't believe in UFOS...
I am totally willing to accept that this might have been one of ours...
But what was it doing? and i would love to know how i can be hypnotized from several hundred feet away? (and i cannot normally be hypnotized)?
thanks for your feedback...in advance...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
FEMA issued document: Fire Officers Guide to disaster control, 1993, By Willam M Kramer, Ph.D and Charles W Bahme,J.D,
one chapter devoted to the issue of "what to do if a UFO crashes"

It states that the first issue is to call the military, then to asess the situation: it says to be prepared for a possible loss of communication and perhaps engine trouble, then states be prepared for radiation, and its effects, be prepared for Psychic effects and mental effects. It also states to NOT SHOOT, and to decide on possible rescue of occupants. It further gives an example of a UFO crashing in a school.
well, my original question is answered idiot rays are a distinct possibility.

It was also interesting to note, the final statement said that these first efforts might save many lives in any disaster, including attack from possible enemys... just interesting... these are the only publically issued documents that tell what to do in an encounter, and it tells the onsite official to decide if they are good or bad, but to presume good...

but then the statement about "attack by enemys" interesting....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Read the lacerta files mang? the repto says they have a mental cloaking device, mechanical, tells your mind it isn't there. or its a streetlamp. or you just gotta load on acid. just kidding
just google it

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sorry, I should have posted an update...
From research, I feel i have gathered an explaination...

The government has developed (perhaps used) a device that does cause sleepy type of confusion... kind of like when you just wake up...

Also, the fema guide also listed that as a potential worry in regards to a UFO encounter...

as to the lacerta files...
IMO that they are a creative story of disinfo to ruin the validity of any source that discovers the real story...

I have researched that also... would be glad to share thoughts, but perhaps via u2u since it isn't what this thread is about
thanks for the input

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Maybe some type of hypnosis, where you were given the "street lamp" idea.

Troy

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes, the streetlamp was a spontaneous thought that occured (it did kind of look like one) , and the "snoggy fog" of my brain at the time, latched on to it as the explanation...
and refused the inner suggestions that said "but its a bit TALL for a streetlamp pole isn't it" (no pole was seen)
or the other suggestions of "the closest town is over 20 miles, so why a streelamp here?"
"the streetlamp appears to be lighting a cow pasture... well, maybe the cows enjoy reading at night"

all the questions my mind raised were squelched much like a brief fleeting thought...

I was utterly convinced that it was a streetlamp until I thought about it later...
IMO (from research) is that it is a type of wave pattern, that causes a person to become more hypnotically suggestive while they are under its influence...
the effects seemed to dwindle after i left the area, but I was still fuzzy for awhile...

the thought suggestions were merely my own, of what I would most likely think it was...
In this case, I would probably have never thought anything of it again, if I would have assumed "helicopter" instead...
the streetlight confusion, made me think it all back thru... and realize that there was no frikin way that i saw a streelamp up that high, and that far from a cliff side... much less the location... a bit remote for a streetlamp also (the closest town didn't even have one).

I still don't know if it was military or ET, but I do know it was real... and its effects were real...
I suspect it was connected to cattle mutilation... it wasn't far from the hotspots...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
...the glow was similiar to a heavily frosted cover, but the light underneath seemed to fluctuate, or flow like a neon sign that is a little low on gas...

Perhaps the light underneath allowed some form of self hypnosis.. you stare at the fluctuating light and become highly suggestive to the idea that it is no longer what you perceive it to be (a moving light - ufo) and instead choose a more selective approach of the skeptic from with. Your account sounds plausable to me. However, is there any reason for this light/ufo (in your opinion) to have been situated where it was, for the time that it was and the actions it performed?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My best estimate, since it wasn't perceptably moving, (or not very much) was that it was there, in that spot for a reason...
Possible reasons:
cattle mutilation...(didn't consider until recently, so doubt I can find a specific historical case, but there are several from that area that year...)

or ran out of element 118 and didn't have AAA?

maybe they were just fishing for humans...(nice secluded area... several hills and mesas... just turn on the fishing light and wait for us to bite...)

I go with cattle mutilation for several reasons...the area was ranching country of north east/central New Mexico for one.

I also doubt that they interacted with me, I have no flashbacks of abduction or any other tell tale symptom... they were probably just wanting to get to the cow cutting and wanted to keep me from getting suspicious...
or the effect from the light was automatic... and didn't require it to be turned on...

IMO that they were the typical cow killers, and that I happened upon them in the midst of there work , the light/beam ray automatically kept me from "seeing" them... in the conscious sense...

I really wish I would have been totally "with it"... it could have been a very enlightening experience instead of a brush with the "most remote streetlight in the world..."
and to think... I had video camera, digital camera, nightscope, and binocs...
and didn't even think to pull over to the side of the road...
afterall... it was "just" a streetlamp....at the time...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
anyone else have a theory on the "idiot ray" or techniques for mind control?

Lazarus, this is actually a COMMON description of what people 'feel/think' when dealing with sightings. "My mind went knumb" "I kept sorta hearing..EVERYTHING IS NORMAL..."Many people describe the exact feeling of being hit by an idiot ray....your NOT alone.
There are accounts of people seeing craft right alongside highways, and the thoughts being 'pounded' into there brain is "This is ONLY a lit up billboard, nothing more" And only AFTER do they recall that it was NOT a billboard and could NOT have been. A streetlight is a common screen memory, as is sharp recall of being in close proximity to an owl, or a deer, or another normally large eyed, or dark eyed creature.....
You know as well as I do that streetlights dont EXIST out in the middle of nowhere New Mexico......but a streetlamp would be an EASY memory to give you, being they are common in other places.

I would tend to think that YES, you did have an abduction experiance.
For WHY else would they need to give you screen memories of the event? When you see a craft for a fleeting second you recall that.......its only when your experiance runs much deeper than that is a person given a 'screen memory' to hide the true nature of the experiance.

Do you know about HOW much time your missing?
Do you REALLY want to know? If so....you best find a hypnotist you TRUST......and be prepared for the worst memories of your life to come out.

I HAVE SEEN craft......weird flippen flying things beyond description! but very far away from me, they did not come close to me.
I was never hit by some idiot ray so there is NO DOUBT in my mind to what I was seeing. I would be worried as you are, if the memories were fuzzy somehow.....odd in nature, like a streetlight in the middle of nomansland. For the idiot ray experiance means there was something that happened they DO NOT want you to remember, and they are vested in your forgetting...

[edit on 15-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I never did look at the videos I shot from that road trip (pretty usual for me)

maybe I have the whole scenario on video... but doubt it...

I can say that I am missing at most 1:30 minutes...
When I took that road again... my time difference was about 45 minutes off...
so
at best guess (and years later) I will say that there is anywhere between 15minutes to 1:30 missing... (and maybe none)

From the other abduction stories I have heard, there is usually a "tell' such as strange new scar, nightmares, feeling of peace, feeling of fear, rashes or other signs...
None as far as I can tell...
I hope none ever show.....

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Very interesting story.

Here is a thought, what if there are a lot more alien/ufo encounters than what we hear about. What if these encounters are hidden by some sort of hypnosis?

We hear sometimes, if ufo's/aliens exist then why aren't there more sitings? Maybe hypnosis is hiding tons of encounters.

Lazarus, you seem to be more aware than some other people? This hypnotic/idiot ray didn't seem to fully work with you. It's a good thing.

Troy

[edit on 16-7-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Very interesting story Lazarus!

I personally have never been hit by the Idiot ray, but I have seen a UFO at high altitude.

my brother might have been hit though since he said they were just ballons or something...at 40.000ft?
above the clouds? not likely bro...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
wow great story!

ive seen plenty of ufos too before but i was never hit with an idiot ray....or was i? lol

well when i saw all of my UFO sightings my friends and i were shouting loudly "OMG A UFO ITS REAL OMG!!!!"

we were happy

perhaps the UFO you saw was of a different race of alien? *speculation*

or maybe; the UFOs i saw didnt see me; so they cant hit me with 'idiot ray' if they dont know im there

or maybe; they did hit me with the idiot ray
but im already so stupid the idiot ray backfired; and caused me to realize what i saw
i like that theory

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I was watching a ufo show last night on the history channel and they had the very similar discriptions.

Airline pilots don't like to report the ufo's because they are afraid of losing their jobs (being too kooky)

they described a few as being long and having a strobe light look coming out of the sides.

I'm glad you shared your story, the government can't keep downplaying and making up lies about these ufo's being 'space junk' or 'space ice' or whatever other lies they use.

again, thanks.

They obviously know something we don't know and don't want us to know about the ufo's, it would either be too much for the masses to accept and people would start freaking out. Or it would show us that aliens are our decendants and not monkey's... There is lot's of speculation. I hope we find out one day.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
interesting story lazarus,
although we never actually witnessed anything with our human 5 senses, a friend and I were psychically attacked one night while walking along a road. To this day I have not figured out what it was, but it sent us running in panic, like something was trying to invade our thoughts. Actually, the most horrifying experience of my life. It was then that I began to look into some of the same possiblities youve stated. I thought perhaps it was some remote thought control device being aimed at us. i never ruled out witchcraft, or an attempted abduction, but it was dark, thats for sure. With all the quiet research that is done surrounding electromagnetic waves and frequencies, I would not be suprized if some of the tinfoil hats hold some weight.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, too bad I got in so late. I will have to share my New Mexico experiences with you sometime Lazarus. I lived there for 7 years. Yes, some highways in N.M. are so deserted at night that one can drive for an hour without even seeing another car. Its called "the land of enchantment" for multiple reasons, it would seem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join