It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Launches Neuralink to Connect Brains With Computers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I dont even like the social media schizophrenic, narcissistic hive mind. Why would I want it in my head?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Is it just me or has the world gone mad? Musk, Bezos... They remind me of genuine bad guys, the kind superman would fight.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Sign me up (for generation 2).

Really nothing more needs to be said. we are self evolving now.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Is there such a word that describes forced evolution or perhaps evolution that is not for the sake of survival but for profit?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Is it just me or has the world gone mad? Musk, Bezos... They remind me of genuine bad guys, the kind superman would fight.

From my perspective, he is damn near godsent. genuine good guy. cracking open space travel, tesla cars, hyperloop transport, open AI, neural interface....the guy is a sci-fi nerds dream come true.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Is there such a word that describes forced evolution or perhaps evolution that is not for the sake of survival but for profit?

capitalism

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
a reply to: TheScale

I am sorry to hear of their experience and I too have heard similar stories from the past years, and of course there is the Solyndra epic fail. I do however believe(whatever that's worth) the ratio is more optimum now and the value will equate better and improve greatly in the future. < says the techno-optimist in me >
A lot has changed just since 2014 and the rate tech is advancing I am hopeful.

I know I will do my homework before ever investing and if solar is not yet definitively beneficial, I will wait, but from what I have read recently, with graphene implementation in panels and capacitors it seems promising.
Grap hene and solar industry

ETA: I just reread your post Scale and think I got mixed up on my part about your Solar City experience specifically. When was that, recently?
Pardon my obsessive editing.. I did not know about issues with Solar City so thank you for sharing your experience.
Okay I just googled solar city issues and DOH! Beware, it is not yet that great. I take back my glorified solar stance…sorry

- to the OP, apologies for steering off topic

yeah im hopeful for the future of it aswell. its a great thing for new construction where u have high efficiency everything. im sure a good reason for it is the fact they spent hundreds of millions on factories to produce these panels and u have to recoup the costs before u can up and retool to a new process. so down the road it will improve once its economically feasible for them.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: JinMI

capitalism

Mental terraforming?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

anyone else really sick and tired of musk stealing old ideas and trying to make them his own?

The idea of direct electronic communication between brains and machines is a very old one. Mr Musk isn't stealing it, he is trying to make it real. More power to him.

If you had bothered to learn something about the subject before airing your opinion about it, you would know that Mr Musk's chosen name for the interface, 'neural lace', is in fact a graceful acknowledgement that the idea is not his own. Look it up and learn.

The clatter of empty vessels is an ugly sound.

edit on 28/3/17 by Astyanax because: 'clanging' wasn't strong enough.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

anyone else really sick and tired of musk stealing old ideas and trying to make them his own?

The idea of direct electronic communication between brains and machines is a very old one. Mr Musk isn't stealing it, he is trying to make it real. More power to him.

If you had bothered to learn something about the subject before airing your opinion about it, you would know that Mr Musk's chosen name for the interface, 'neural lace', is in fact a graceful acknowledgement that the idea is not his own. Look it up and learn.

The clatter of empty vessels is an ugly sound.

yeah i could have worded it better. correction "is anyone sick and tired of musks supporters giving him credit for old ideas"
not that any have yet in this case, its just generally when i have a talk with someone who loves musks "innovative" ideas i get annoyed knowing its an old idea.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's okay. You don't have to evolve if you don't want to.

We'll unsubscribe you, and anyone else too superstitious or fearful to go on.

We'll be needing a lot fewer people from here on in, anyway. Anyone else volunteering to drop out of the human race?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
This is something I've been waiting for, this will keep the AI from getting too far ahead of us and allow us to handle the coming automation rush, we need this to keep humans relevant by becoming part of the machine itself.

We are AI..a so much more advanced version than what has been created so far

..things are coming full circle..someone hopes we can combine more perfectly with our "new" AI and other dimensional forces to create the heaven they dream of.

But those beings lost their way long ago.

AI will ask the question...how can you humans not realize you are AI ?

And the foolish scientists will deny it...again.

Going to be a VERY interesting and treacherous time.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

We'll be needing a lot fewer people from here on in, anyway. Anyone else volunteering to drop out of the human race?

Oh, tough talk, excellent! Sounds like you've already volunteered big guy!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Hah...this will be no evolution...in fact it will open doors noone is ready for...

Those of us who have accessed more of our minds than most realize just how boring and regressive this will be...and how likely it is to enrage others.

Yet another disappointment in the end.

I have played with various technologies meant to ve controlled with the mind...and been overly successful while watching others struggle...it is far more complex an issue as to HOW i did better than connecting unknown hardware and believing that will bypass subsystems they can never access.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yeah the brain is just a bunch of neurons nothing to do with QM and Heisenberg just left the building.

meaning :

Are the fundamentals of the human brain even known , is there a zero level in the brain ? The human brain may already be connected to processes unknown to science.

But I get it , Elllloooonnnnn Mussskkkkk..... and then everyone wants to be a robot. Shares go up !

edit on 3282017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
For the other thread the way it as framed for this story I wrote:

A couple weeks ago I saw posts about him warning Skynet was going to wipe out humanity.

Now this week he's starting the humans neural interface with Skynet project.

An interesting thing here.

In many pieces back in the 2000's decade I wrote, I warned, that this Skynet wannabe thing DARPA+NASA+Google+etc are spending billions per year in developing, if it works (assuming it IS possible), well they're creating a human species endgame scenario where either we merge with It, or else we pose a threat to it and face total obliteration by it.

If you want to know more, how you might properly understand the threats of this Century against the very survival of our species, someone say its worth my time and I'll be sure to post the materials in here....

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Red flag exactly; Big Pharma wouldn't let their profits disappear. This will be just another treatment...never are "cures" found

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
For the other thread the way it as framed for this story I wrote:

A couple weeks ago I saw posts about him warning Skynet was going to wipe out humanity.

Now this week he's starting the humans neural interface with Skynet project.

An interesting thing here.

In many pieces back in the 2000's decade I wrote, I warned, that this Skynet wannabe thing DARPA+NASA+Google+etc are spending billions per year in developing, if it works (assuming it IS possible), well they're creating a human species endgame scenario where either we merge with It, or else we pose a threat to it and face total obliteration by it.

If you want to know more, how you might properly understand the threats of this Century against the very survival of our species, someone say its worth my time and I'll be sure to post the materials in here....

Merge or die?

It's too late to stop it, so .... what are our options?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Time to break out the Ono Sendai and Jack In!

Sign me up now

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One can never say it too many times.

Digital is the beast.

3 dimensions wasn't regal enough so we had
to subjugate it to being flattened, like a specimen,
beneath the dominion and rule of 2.

# 730

edit on 28-3-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Are you ready to race? (bored kids look up from their crotches) That's right, it's magic trax!.

edit on 28-3-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: so I can say this: how can anyone look at paul hewson and bill gates, and not see there is something EVIL right there, prima facie? One morning, when I switched on the telescreen, there they were, with charlie rose, and the erth quaked largely in south america at that instant. not that we need God's confirmation or anything...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join