It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2.2mn Yemeni children close to famine, and a 70 percent increase in those killed in past year;

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Moderators please bring this article to wherever you see it best fit..

www.rt.com...

Here is the introduction to the article, and for those of you interested in the Yemeni civil war, you will be able to read the entire article at the link posted above. Personally I had stopped following events in the ME and suddenly I realized that things keep continuing or keep changing so quickly in so few years.. I hope the Trump administration will be willing to move things in a positive direction somehow..

Children in Yemen are teetering between life and death, as 2.2 million suffer from acute malnutrition, while those killed by hostilities jumped 70 percent last year, UNICEF warned on the second anniversary of the war in the Middle East’s poorest country.
Two years into the Yemeni conflict, children continue to suffer the consequences and will soon succumb to starvation without prompt humanitarian assistance and viable efforts to bring peace to the war-ravaged country, UNICEF said in a report entitled ‘Falling through the Cracks.’

Nearly half a million children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, which is manifest in grotesquely slim bodies and stunted growth – a 200-percent increase since 2014, the report warned. The fighting and devastation has forced Yemenis into buying cheaper food or skipping meals, while around 80 percent of families are in debt or borrowing money just to feed their children.

READ MORE: UN: ‘People will starve to death’ as world faces largest humanitarian crisis since WWII

UNIECF, which is now spearheading relief efforts in Yemen, said nearly 2.2 million children are currently acutely malnourished and require urgent care. Children suffering from severe acute malnutrition are ten times more likely to die than their healthy peers because their weakened immune systems leave them vulnerable to diseases. Consequently, UNICEF has classified them as having a life-threatening condition.
End Quote

The article was released March 27th, 2017 yesterday..
www.rt.com...

Yemen Saudi Arabia United Arab Emirates UAE Great Britain United States
edit on 27-3-2017 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Let the saudis foot the damn bill .
They caused the mess .

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
They caused the mess .

I would be of the same opinion..

That's an awful lot of children starving and dying isn't it..

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's sad but the majority of the world doesn't care. There is also the fact that most countries have to deal with there own problems right now. I'm already pissed that Merkel hands out our money like it's free candy. Greek and the refugee crisis for example. I'm all for helping them but not if my fellow germans have to pay the price for our governments incompetence. Let Obama and Hillary foot the bill. They are the ones who bombed countless countries.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
How about one of those friendly Muslim nations provide some relief. ...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Meanwhile, the Saudis are in the process of building the world's tallest tower, costing around $1.23 billion (estimated)

What a world we live in...

(Jeddah Tower: link)
edit on 27-3-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Be a shame if someone knocked it down.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I feel for them..i really do but. we got our own problems.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Its not a 'civil war' its not even a 'Yemeni conflict', its war waged on Yemen by the Sauds spearheading the "Coalition" (read that western interests), waging aggressive war under false pretenses for the same damn reason everywhere else it is being waged in the Middle East, by NATO for control of people and resources.

The siege they have laid is having its desired effect, everyone there is starving and bleeding to death. Despite the expected cries of injustice form the slavish UN and other organizations, it will continue and it will get worse, not better.

Its okay though, a little while longer and they'll all be dead and everyone will forget, again, about the tragedy there and everywhere in the region.

ETA:

Russia Today
edit on 27-3-2017 by intrptr because: link

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

They caused the mess .

You mean America's proxy war with Iran?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

fun fact - if you make more than 32,000 a year you are a 1 percenter of the world.

i was recently inspired listening to a podcast featuring mma fighter justin wren. he donates his time helping to teach the pygmies how to drill wells in africa. the world need more people like him, i truly admire what he is doing.

if our tax dollars were spent efficiently we would have more than enough to help others. unfortunately i can't trust any government entity to disperse my tax money wisely. i donate to united way which helps locally, as far as globally, i wonder how i can donate and know that my donation is going where it needs to go.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They caused the mess .

Saudis + American blockade. Russia can't help because they are not close within the borders of Russia unlike Syria.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Meanwhile, the Saudis are in the process of building the world's tallest tower, costing around $1.23 billion (estimated)

What a world we live in...

(Jeddah Tower: link)

That Capitalism for you. Saudi does it extreme to the max. Can't wait til US starting doing things like this.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have to say I am a little ashamed of the responses on ATS. Children are children and they deserve help whoever they are and wherever they are. Yes, Houthi's started it which gave Saudi an excuse to go in and we helped. Where is our and everyone else's humanity?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

i wonder how i can donate and know that my donation is going where it needs to go.

1) donate to local organizations that have "boots on the ground" and are actually making a difference as opposed to BS "charity groups" that only campaign or advocate, like Bono's (from U2) scumbag "One Foundation" that was caught putting only just over 1% of profits to charity.

A lot of the bigger "charity organizations" are easy tax breaks and slushfunds where the donations aren't put towards what they claim.

or 2) do something on your own that will actually make a tangible difference as opposed to donating to other organizations and just hoping they do the right thing with it

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well I hope the EU is ready for the next mass migration from the south, I guess the goal is to drain the entire middle east with the exemption of the wealthy states that have no problem dumping the rest of their peers on other countries so they can change the face of those nations to be more like them.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well I hope the EU is ready for the next mass migration from the south, I guess the goal is to drain the entire middle east with the exemption of the wealthy states that have no problem dumping the rest of their peers on other countries so they can change the face of those nations to be more like them.

EU is being stupid. US gets involved, takes over resources possibly and EU takes all the people that US don't want that were probably relocated them by US.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Why ? US and Saudi terrorist regime attacked them why should others pay for reconstruction?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

originally posted by: Lysergic
Why ? US and Saudi terrorist regime attacked them why should others pay for reconstruction?

Because it never helps Out to rebuild a country after bombing it. they never learn if you fix things back for them. And also Screw them. it was their fault for drawing attention to their country. the US has enough problems to solve at home instead of over seas where they would never appreciate any help given.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
I have to say I am a little ashamed of the responses on ATS. Children are children and they deserve help whoever they are and wherever they are. Yes, Houthi's started it which gave Saudi an excuse to go in and we helped. Where is our and everyone else's humanity?

Those children will grow up to be haters so better to not help them really. if they are destined to live they will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join