It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care solution!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Willtell

The problem is the insurance companies.. which is why we are the only modern country that allows them to middleman their entire medical industry..

They are not even preforming a medical function and they are taking 25% of every dollar spent on healcare as their profits...

Taking care of the really sick and elderly is never gonna be profitable..

The health insurance industry is actually regulated to the point that their profit margin is 2% per insured... they are not allowed more, by law.

If you add additional risks to the pool, you have more expenditures. Thus, everyone's premiums go up to cover the losses.

No, it's not the percentage of profit the insurance companies were drooling over. That's the same. What they wanted was a forced purchaser, on the 10's of millions level. Which they got.

What I would like is a medical industry that is paid for outcomes. I would also like one that I could pay directly... I don't need an insurance company to incur a bill and arrange to pay it. They are just another level of bureaucracy making money off of me for a function that I can do for myself, tyvm.

An opinion, as always.

The present rule AFTER OBAMACARE is an 80/20 rule..

80 percent of premiums has to get used on services and 20% can be profits.

Which is why every year I have gotten a refund.. because the insurance company obviously made their 20%+..

Before Obamacare there was no cap and every service they denied and every person they dropped were profits.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: carewemust

That's a good plan. Its too easy and simple for the congressional whores who are bought and paid for by the health and insurance industry to protect their money

One of the problems is that the people we put in office were/are mostly attorneys or doctors. If something is EASY, they can't comprehend it.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but President Trump is simple-minded. He advocates that 3 prong insurance-system, that I pointed out in my post above. Think I'll start a thread about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You're referring to the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) rule. That's why I get a chuckle when blow-hards come to these forums and scream about how health insurance companies are "raping" the consumer.

Allstate and Liberty Mutual make more profit on Car/Home insurance than Blue Cross, Aetna, United Healthcare, etc.. make on ObamaCare health insurance plans.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're referring to the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) rule. That's why I get a chuckle when blow-hards come to these forums and scream about how health insurance companies are "raping" the consumer.

Allstate and Liberty Mutual make more profit on Car/Home insurance than Blue Cross, Aetna, United Healthcare, etc.. make on ObamaCare health insurance plans.

Insurance companies didn't get caught purposfully turning down clients for services they owe their client, because it's cheaper to let them die...

There is no way around giving a middle man who does not perform a Medical service, a cut of nearly every medical transaction made and it still be efficient..

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You clearly do not understand insurance or business. The average health insurance company PROFIT MARGIN is 3.3%. One of the lowest in all of corporate america.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Revoke Corporate Person-hood laws and the problem would likely be fixable.

Until that happens, you can pretty much forget about anything getting closer to being right.

The laws to address this have existed for 100+ years but are not being upheld - could be done today tight now.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You clearly do not understand insurance or business. The average health insurance company PROFIT MARGIN is 3.3%. One of the lowest in all of corporate america.

For me that is the biggest problem with health insurance. It is a business.

As far as home or car insurance goes, everyone isn't being encourgaed to take out home or car insurance. It isn't a requirement to own a home or to own a car. Health insurance is a business, a commodity that capitalizes on the life of all that fall victim to an illness or accident.

If health insurance is such a low profit business why do they have a death grip on us and our government? I guess a 3.3% profit margin of 325,848,297 is something to let people die for.

edit on 28-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edits.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Cooking books to have "profits" show a certain level is easy to accomplish.

I'd bet all the sudden operating costs shot up like rocket.

So going right now leaving to get a routine oil change, shall I engage my insurance on my behalf and pay an additional 25% - oh shoot, I'll have to pay at least 125% cash out of pocket due deductible but at least they'll handle paperwork right?

This is loosely what most do for routine medical care, it's stupid IMHO.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Government regulation is why it is too expensive.

I've a younger sister that is a doctor. I'm a mechanic. We often go round and round about our chosen professions. My "dig" is that she has one make, two models to work with. I have over 200 makes, who knows how many models.

She spends about the same amount of time that I do yearly on educational upkeep, classes, occupational education. We have to spend the same amount of money on keeping up our certifications, etc, etc.

She is an amazing doctor with a good rapport with her patients. She has a private practice in a very expensive place in Colorado.

I'm a damn good mechanic that people seem to like and I live in Montana.

At the end of the day, I make more than she does, take home. She has to pay for 4 people to just comply with charging a person to examine them. I have to pay one person.

Her insurance is astronomical because if someone somewhere on the internet even thinks that she made a bad decision, she's either going to jail or sued for everything she owns. If she wins the lawsuit, she loses customers still and her insurance goes up. If I screw up on a decision, I may at most be liable for my decision. Or not.

I get paid for outcome. She gets paid, eventually, on what the government feels it needs to pay her decided on a set of coding that some bureaucrat somewhere decided. So, if she is a #ty doctor she gets paid X. If she is an amazing doctor she gets paid X. But that depends on the state.

She is leaving her practice of 20+ years and has bought a liquor store. She gave up and just needs to make enough to support her family.

Get the government out of medical practice and it will work out. But that will never happen, because the medical industry is 1/6 of our GDP. So the answer is to make a smaller government.

Kinda what we were doing when we set up this US of A thing.

edit on 21Wed, 29 Mar 2017 21:10:19 -0500America/Chicago17th2017-03-29T21:10:19-05:00pmWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

The problem is the insurance companies.. which is why we are the only modern country that allows them to middleman their entire medical industry..

They are not even preforming a medical function and they are taking 25% of every dollar spent on healcare as their profits...

Taking care of the really sick and elderly is never gonna be profitable..

The health insurance industry is actually regulated to the point that their profit margin is 2% per insured... they are not allowed more, by law.

If you add additional risks to the pool, you have more expenditures. Thus, everyone's premiums go up to cover the losses.

No, it's not the percentage of profit the insurance companies were drooling over. That's the same. What they wanted was a forced purchaser, on the 10's of millions level. Which they got.

What I would like is a medical industry that is paid for outcomes. I would also like one that I could pay directly... I don't need an insurance company to incur a bill and arrange to pay it. They are just another level of bureaucracy making money off of me for a function that I can do for myself, tyvm.

An opinion, as always.

The present rule AFTER OBAMACARE is an 80/20 rule..

80 percent of premiums has to get used on services and 20% can be profits.

Which is why every year I have gotten a refund.. because the insurance company obviously made their 20%+..

Before Obamacare there was no cap and every service they denied and every person they dropped were profits.

Nice for you that you don't make enough money at what you do so I can subsidize your life with my paycheck. That's just awesome.

What I would really like proposed is an online service that, if I am paying for your life, I a least get to critique it.

You know, Johny Loser and girlfriend Sue have 5 kids. They don't marry because they can stay on food stamps and government housing. They also didn't marry because they can both make 3k a year on part time bs jobs and pay in $200 into federal income tax so that they at the end of the year can play Earned Income Credit and get a $9K refund. Each.

EACH!!!

What I would like is that these people should at least be put on a streaming channel so I could at least have a say in it. Some input. After all, I'm paying for it.

"No Johny, humping your stepkid and putting it online is a bad life decision."

"Sue, a Warcraft face tattoo on Skyler won't help him in school."

"WTF are all these sugar cereals and snacks doing in your house?"

If there was an opportunity to PPV and possibly pay more for a shock collar I'd be all in.

This is why America is going to turn really ugly soon.

The breadwinners are tired of the losers running it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

You’re very wrong. The governments all across the world have to control health spending.

There’s not one free market health care system on the planet; it’s just not able to control prices in a capitalist system anywhere on the earth.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

3.3% of a Trillion dollars is a lot of money. The top executives and board members at health insurance companies received record high compensation for 2016. Health stocks were depressed, and the market had 7 straight days of losses just prior to the American Health Care Act bill being withdrawn. That 3.3.% is YUGE $$$.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
No.

Just no.

Why is it that no one ever wants to make healthcare cheaper so everyone could afford it regardless if you have insurance or not?

Think about that logically. 40% of the country makes $30,000 or less. 25% of the country makes $20,000 or less. Lets say $20k is the cutoff. The goals for the ACA were that health insurance would cost 4% of income (post tax), more realistically these days the ideal budget earmarks 8% of income for health care. $20,000 is about $16,000 take home. 8% of $16,000 is $1,280. As a monthly payment that's $107.

$107. That's your budget. Make health care work on that. It can't be done, if you have no other health care costs in life, even a cheap cancer treatment will run $100,000. But working from age 16 to 70 would only generate $69,120 in premiums.

It's a financial impossibility to make health care cheap enough that everyone can afford it. Subsidies have to exist unless you want a very large percentage of the population to simply not have coverage.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It really boggles my mind how people even here on ATS are Putting the cart before the horse when it comes to healthcare and every other issues.

You have to be really naive to expect congress who is riddled with special interest money from lobbyist to fix the system for regular joes and joettes , when they created the existing system in the first place and is handsomely benefiting those same lobbyist.

Its pretty simple actually , you won't fix healthcare until you minimize the conflict of interest between the lobbyist and congress.

So don't worry or even discuss healthcare unless you want to continue to have a crappy healthcare system we have had for decades.

The MSM, GOP , and DNC candidates have talked about healthcare for over 5 decades with the same results. Healthcare keeps getting crappier for the people and the big lobbyist are making record profits.Uhm Weird , I wonder why?

So if you want to fix healthcare you must stop talking about healthcare and concentrate on getting the conflict of interest in congress out of the equation.

They make decision and regulation on what benefits congress and lobbyist not the people. This isn't brain science people.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I might sound really dumb, or overly optimistic, but my solution for this actually is a full round about idea, I'll start with healthcare. I believe a basic healthcare should be free for all, with a free doctors visit, in which the doctor would tell you all you need to be healthy. The doctor will give "WIC" like checks to everyone for free food (the necessities, anything more, such as fattening foods or fast foods you have to buy). Along those lines, Free education for all, no exceptions. Now you might ask, how is all that going to get payed for. I'll tell you, hopefully before any of this happens we will have an uprising against the rich and kill them, then use their money to fund it for all. Or just reroute the defense budget from "Terrorizing" other countries to actual Homeland defence and everything else gets put to these from our taxes. Basically for healthcare and other benefits, reroute the defence bill to these. Incase you're wondering about Homeland invasion, I have a plan about that too. Mandatory bootcamp for all, enough to where people can discipline the mind and body to be healthy and fit, also allowing for the training to defend ones country. Benefits everyone in my eyes. Last but not least, the prohibition of certain chemicals to disallow the production of harmful drugs and the income it makes, ending the war on drugs. I have been told that certain drugs are made with everyday household cleaning supplies, soooo... You change the chemicals in it so it cleans and doesn't get anyone high. The end.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

She is leaving her practice of 20+ years and has bought a liquor store. She gave up and just needs to make enough to support her family.

She and a lot of other doctors are seeing the light and leaving the practice of medicine. It is going to get bad before it gets worse, because a huge number of older experienced nurse are retiring, and the younger nurse just aren't going to put up with the bull crap, the ridiculous hours, and the low pay.

Healthcare is a business that it all about the money. The government nor the insurance companies care about the health care providers or the patients. You are going to see a huge change in healthcare and don't be surprised to see your doctors and nurses replaced with computers and IT based services.

edit on 2-4-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join