It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here not a conservative or progressive?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Everybody is conservative about what they think they know best.

You have spouted so much nonsense for so long, I am not sure anyone even reads your posts, except with OCD.

Hey, thanks for reading my post. It's one of Robert Conquest's three laws of politics, and quite true. It means that you wish to conserve the things and values you find good, no matter how progressive you pretend you are.

Sorry to hear about the ailments.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: TheScale
i dont fit into either spectrum for the major parties. im generally disgusted by both and their childlike ways.it honestly reminds me exactly of the cliques in high school fighting for popularity. its just tiring to deal with.

There are other parties. I look at them all, every election.

Being a Dem, I stayed with the Dems, they have the values I have, in general.

In local elections, I vote 'workers and families' party sometimes Green party.

It is not staying with a clique, it is following the values I have.

Much like you I look at all of them, those in the local elections more closely, they affect my life much more.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

You describe me so I go with what you said. Recently observed that was my leaning as well so...I admit it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Hahhahhhahah you guys are broken! Thank gawd I'll never get old!...err...wait...

I find it funny that OUR government is jumping through hoops and doing mental gymnastics only to further prop up the insurance and big pharma. It's enough to drive your heart rate through the roof.

The ACA has covered everything I have to cover. I was definitely afraid of the new one passing.

I had run out of time to have a 'female object' that lasts 6 years replaced so I had that done first...made a thread here. I got 6 months of Ventolin inhalers at one time for $6, as the Freedom caucus did not want to cover prescriptions. I have been taking less of my anxiety med than I should..it keeps well for a few years in cool and dark cupboards. The little dental coverage I have is next. I should not have had to worry about those basic things.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Perhaps I'm a compressive? A preservative?

I dunno.

edit on 27/3/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

i dont fit into either spectrum for the major parties. im generally disgusted by both and their childlike ways.it honestly reminds me exactly of the cliques in high school fighting for popularity. its just tiring to deal with.

i was referring to the diehards within the parties that will go to the grave defending something even if its entirely wrong simply cause their party is tied to it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Everybody is conservative about what they think they know best.

You have spouted so much nonsense for so long, I am not sure anyone even reads your posts, except with OCD.

Hey, thanks for reading my post. It's one of Robert Conquest's three laws of politics, and quite true. It means that you wish to conserve the things and values you find good, no matter how progressive you pretend you are.

Sorry to hear about the ailments.

I see you on here all the time, and you present yourself in a neutral way, but often times is partisan. Condescending is probably not the best way to start a conversation, unless that is what you want, your opinion heard, but no questions.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Guilty as charged. Thanks again. I don't mind condescension, nor partisanship. Without division and differing opinion there would be no politics, and we'd be trapped in conformity.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

i was referring to the diehards within the parties that will go to the grave defending something even if its entirely wrong simply cause their party is tied to it.

OK. I am not like that. If Dems wanted something I thought wrong, I would certainly call them on it and could have more of a say in local elections.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Guilty as charged. Thanks again. I don't mind condescension, nor partisanship. Without division and differing opinion there would be no politics, and we'd be trapped in conformity.

Your method of condescension is probably not a conversation starter. Not that it matters, in any scope in the world, but I pretty much think you are a dick. Depends on what you are here for conversation, or to make your point known.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its not about political affilation insomuch as whether you think the obstructionism in congress should continue to get a free pass with the president taking the blame, or if it should be held accountable. That is essentially what is going on, altho ugh its got some love/heat mix Cult of Personality nonsense, too.

I like libertarian ideals, but think we may have outgrown them. Its trying to cling to a world that will never be, mostly due to the technology that we have. Personal property takes on a whole new meaning when you share a brain (via cranial implants and the internet). Less than 100 years and we will be there. So why continue to fight so hard against it?

Obstructionism? This time around they obstruct CRAZY things. I don;t want them to stop.

Congress should spend their time reviewing and refining their own work. They have wayyy to many failures of their own (year in and year out) to continuously look over at the White House to bitch and moan about whatever the president is doing. I mean...its constant. It seems their entire job is now tanking the duly elected president. They spend all day in front of a very willing media badmouthing every sniffle and fart.

You may not want him to do anything....but he was elected to do things. And keeping that from happening via actions unrelated to your role in government meant solely to derail his efforts is the very definition of obstructionism.

The petty politics.....its tiresome. I'd do anything to either have my countrymen wake up to the utter failures of Congress during midterms. Or get a ride off the planet. I just about don't have any #'s to give anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Your method of condescension is probably not a conversation starter. Not that it matters, in any scope in the world, but I pretty much think you are a dick. Depends on what you are here for conversation, or to make your point known.

I suspect rather than respect your opinion, but you are free to it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The massive opposition Trump is seeing....if they dont impeach him by mid terms, they'll be voted out. 18 months till some of them might go home. It wouldn't take much for it to be positioned in Trumps favor. The whining only goes so far.....at some point they have to actually DO something. People are pretty clear about what isn't working in America. Everyone is ignoring their constituents while they try to undermine the president.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You and I have been here for a very long time, I have made my opinion known, can only assume yours. It is late, I need to work in the morning, but I am sure this conversation will be continued.
edit on 3/27/2017 by BubbaJoe because: late night

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
whatever 'being anti-conservative and anti-liberal' is; I'm 'anti' that.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You and I have been here for a very long time, I have made my opinion known, can only assume yours. It is late, I need to work in the morning, but I am sure this conversation will be continued.

If you ask my opinion I shall give it. Take care.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Think I love you LesMisanthrope.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I Despise them Both .

You despise everybody except Donald Putin.

To the OP: radical centrist here.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I was more to the left before Europe got flooded with economic migrants, I like Corbyn but might not vote for him, I hate the Tories, quite like Ron & Rand Paul. I am starting to believe that left or right all means the same and gives the impression of choice, to stop dissent.

I am pro gun but anti war

vegetarian but survivalist

pagan and open minded to all religions

a feminist but realise it may have destroyed the family unit

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Yes. Libertarian-ish. Depends on the issues.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join