It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here not a conservative or progressive?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

It has been a good thread.

I am older than my housemate, but not yet looking at 60. But I need a left knee replacement, arthritis all over. Broke my foot and ankle in 6 places last June and have crippling anxiety for over 20 years.

There is more, recently. that I don;t want to say. I can't possibly pay for all this, is the thing.

It has been a very good thread for discussion.

edit on 27-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: reldra

There are many different things that can be done to reduce the cost of healthcare and at the same time increase the care of those with mental issues.
Then there are housing and job issues that can be worked on at the local level that would improve employment and at the same time give people back their independence and stop their reliance on government aid.

Life is linear. But solutions aren't.

We have many vacant 12 unit apartments here in KC, the upper 8 could be refurbished to house families, the bottom as daycare, offices and kitchens. While there is a very successful program here in KC doing that, no one is willing to fund it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Its not about political affilation insomuch as whether you think the obstructionism in congress should continue to get a free pass with the president taking the blame, or if it should be held accountable. That is essentially what is going on, altho ugh its got some love/heat mix Cult of Personality nonsense, too.

I like libertarian ideals, but think we may have outgrown them. Its trying to cling to a world that will never be, mostly due to the technology that we have. Personal property takes on a whole new meaning when you share a brain (via cranial implants and the internet). Less than 100 years and we will be there. So why continue to fight so hard against it?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Everybody is conservative about what they think they know best.
edit on 27-3-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I consider myself independent.

Though I'm drawn to many libertarian ideas and on the political compass test I come up as a slightly left of center libertarian.

So I guess I am a in the closet libertarian.

I voted For Gary Johnson for this election where I use to vote democrat but I'm done with them
Now a days the democrats have about as much of an appeal to me as a wet fart and the republicans are raw sewage.

Though within both party's there are some representatives that I like based on their principals.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I am older than my housemate, but not yet looking at 60. But I need a left knee replacement, arthritis all over. Broke my foot and ankle in 6 places last June and have crippling anxiety for over 20 years.

There is more, recently. that I don;t want to say. I can't possibly pay for all this, is the thing.

Allthough I welcome you to the group with trepidation, welcome, I think some have come to see others in a different light in this thread. The trolls will never leave, but know there are those that have your back.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

There are many different things that can be done to reduce the cost of healthcare and at the same time increase the care of those with mental issues.
Then there are housing and job issues that can be worked on at the local level that would improve employment and at the same time give people back their independence and stop their reliance on government aid.

We have many vacant 12 unit apartments here in KC, the upper 8 could be refurbished to house families, the bottom as daycare, offices and kitchens. While there is a very successful program here in KC doing that, no one is willing to fund it.

There's no profit to be made with charity.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its not about political affilation insomuch as whether you think the obstructionism in congress should continue to get a free pass with the president taking the blame, or if it should be held accountable. That is essentially what is going on, altho ugh its got some love/heat mix Cult of Personality nonsense, too.

I like libertarian ideals, but think we may have outgrown them. Its trying to cling to a world that will never be, mostly due to the technology that we have. Personal property takes on a whole new meaning when you share a brain (via cranial implants and the internet). Less than 100 years and we will be there. So why continue to fight so hard against it?

Obstructionism? This time around they obstruct CRAZY things. I don;t want them to stop.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Everybody is conservative about what they think they know best.

You have spouted so much nonsense for so long, I am not sure anyone even reads your posts, except with OCD.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Allthough I welcome you to the group with trepidation, welcome, I think some have come to see others in a different light in this thread. The trolls will never leave, but know there are those that have your back.

Well, ty. I wasn't aware there was a particular group. 80 +% of the ppl in this thread, I like.
edit on 27-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

There's no profit to be made with charity.

I ha lived my life to make a living, but have never focused on greed, have you? Why should we allow this in our leaders?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Conservative/Progressive: I'm both and neither and some of each, depending on the topic.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Well, ty. I wasn't aware there was a particular group.

I always enjoy your posts and insights, and to know you are as physically broken as some of the rest of us, yeah welcome to the group, we are trying to learn to get along

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I get called "greedy" quite frequently. Usually when the discussion surrounds paying more to the government.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Well, ty. I wasn't aware there was a particular group.

I always enjoy your posts and insights, and to know you are as physically broken as some of the rest of us, yeah welcome to the group, we are trying to learn to get along

Oh, I see, ok.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i dont fit into either spectrum for the major parties. im generally disgusted by both and their childlike ways. it honestly reminds me exactly of the cliques in high school fighting for popularity. its just tiring to deal with.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hahhahhhahah you guys are broken! Thank gawd I'll never get old!...err...wait...

I find it funny that OUR government is jumping through hoops and doing mental gymnastics only to further prop up the insurance and big pharma. It's enough to drive your heart rate through the roof.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I get called "greedy" quite frequently. Usually when the discussion surrounds paying more to the government.

I agree, do taxes for a living, when I watch a man write a 1 mil check to the IRS without shivering. This guy is on the straight up and up, so yeah he made a good deal of money. He will will write one to the state for a half a mil

edit on 3/27/2017 by BubbaJoe because: correct spelling, I should be in bed

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
i dont fit into either spectrum for the major parties. im generally disgusted by both and their childlike ways.it honestly reminds me exactly of the cliques in high school fighting for popularity. its just tiring to deal with.

There are other parties. I look at them all, every election.

Being a Dem, I stayed with the Dems, they have the values I have, in general.

In local elections, I vote 'workers and families' party sometimes Green party.

It is not staying with a clique, it is following the values I have.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What do you think libertarianism is?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join