It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here not a conservative or progressive?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Where are the liberalists(aka classical liberals)?

We're here...
Classical liberals most often gets mistaken for conservatives on ATS.
If you are for limited government and pro-gun they just file you with the conservatives.
Not even caring if you are also pro-choice, pro-cannabis, and anti-war.
I tried to get them to understand this a few months back.
A plea for reformation of the left.
But the identity politics game rages on here.

I am pro choice, pro cannabis and pro gun (with reasonable limits), I am anti war. I have never been mistaken for conservative.

I am pro-pro-pro too and I am anti Stupid war.

Why do we have war? I would say - - sometimes there is rational to have war. Am I seeing it now? I do not know.

Is terrorism a legitimate war? Uh . . . who determines who is a terrorist?

Of course there are sometimes reasons for war.

Who determines who is a terrorist? The right likes to do that most of the time. They feel it is their area of expertise. Usually is most Muslims, sometimes it is anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Oh, I agree with that.

To me terrorists are any organized or semi organized group that prevent or fights progression.

That would include fundamental Christians of America.

A terrorist does not need to use "physical deterrents" - - such as bombs. Manipulation through ideology is just as effective.

I thought a terrorist is a person that uses fear/threats/violence as a means of political coercion and control.

You just described a Christian fundamentalist.

Who to be more fearful of then a judgmental God;

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: reldra

I think people should be responsible for their own lives. That includes health, work, housing.

I know some can't so there should be allowances.

The only, and I mean ONLY government sponsored healthcare should be for mental health.

disabilty? Physical?

Many people need help, even if they are already working.

I know, that is why I was trying to get the poster to respond.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I don't know if he is is older, but DCB is the older brother I never had.

Of course I'm older, you still have those young hippy ideas.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I think people should be responsible for their own lives. That includes health, work, housing.

I know some can't so there should be allowances.

The only, and I mean ONLY government sponsored healthcare should be for mental health.

Not medical health? Not for those that already work as many hours as they are given but still can;t afford insurance?

Places like Wal Mart thrive on that and show their employees how to apply for medicaid and Snap.
edit on 27-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I lean hard center. Centrists, true Centrists, are political outcasts in this country. The right hates us, and so does the left. A Centrist doesn't really have any representation. I mean, I suppose Libertarians and Greens come close, but let's be frank, they rarely even get mentioned in the mainstream which is ironic as hell when you realize that 42% of the population has stated the two major parties do not represent them.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Solutions aren't linear, Reldra.

Many issues can be done simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Solutions aren't linear, Reldra.

Many issues can be done simultaneously.

OK, which ones?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Christians are not ISIS or the taliban.

edit on 27-3-2017 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: removed text

link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Like I said there should be allowances made.

Sorry, was just trying to clarify when you said mental. I am starting to look at this disability thing pretty seriously. I have already suffered 75% use of my right arm, and chronic pain, am starting to see the symptoms in my left arm, I will be 57 in May, this crap scares the hell out of me.

link   

There are many different things that can be done to reduce the cost of healthcare and at the same time increase the care of those with mental issues.
Then there are housing and job issues that can be worked on at the local level that would improve employment and at the same time give people back their independence and stop their reliance on government aid.

Life is linear. But solutions aren't.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I don't know if he is is older, but DCB is the older brother I never had.

Of course I'm older, you still have those young hippy ideas.

This can be my peaceful picture, you and I with fatties and beer in the back yard, solving all the worlds problems. Hell we would accomplish more than the government.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Looking at 60. A torn rotator cuff, an artificial knee, 7 ruptured discs, and a wonderful auto immune disease that'll be the death of me if I'm not careful. . . . . and those are the good things!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

We've paid our dues, we should be retiring!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

There are many different things that can be done to reduce the cost of healthcare and at the same time increase the care of those with mental issues.
Then there are housing and job issues that can be worked on at the local level that would improve employment and at the same time give people back their independence and stop their reliance on government aid.

You are right, they are not linear, and need to be looked at, at all levels. Here is where the fed is hosed, a woman makes 34,500 at her job, she get free daycare, gets a bump to 35 K, now she has to pay 500 a week for daycare, come on folks, how is this right?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

That's because the assholes making the laws are pulling in 500K a year.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Looking at 60. A torn rotator cuff, an artificial knee, 7 ruptured discs, and a wonderful auto immune disease that'll be the death of me if I'm not careful. . . . . and those are the good things!

Ok will up the ante, fatties and whiskey in the backyard, we will solve more problems.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Government, especially this administration, doesn't have that as their goal. Though what you say sounds reasonable.

My housemate is disabled. SSI stopped one of his benefits ( one is his one comes from his parent, it is a lifetime thing). SSI claimed they over paid him and would halve his benefits for 6 months, leaving him with $300 a month. He went to a local organization, who first said they would pay his rent, then turned around and said since there was no eviction notice, they couldn't, 2 months later. That is because my aunt, out of the goodness of her heart was covering his half of the rent- with the agreement it would be paid back and paid to me, she would rather it go to me.

It took 5 months for SSI to fix this. April 3rd, he finally gets his full payment back.

He had called neighborhood legal services and 20 other organizations (salvation army, Catholic Charities, PPL INC, etc). They wanted us at eviction before helping.

The system is broken. Especially locally.

He has Spina Bifida. He is over 30. It is lucky he is still alive.

edit on 27-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

That's because the assholes making the laws are pulling in 500K a year.

Nobody at that level gives a flying RA about us little guys, one of the reasons I was so surprised with Trump's election. The people that elected him, will hurt the worst.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Government, especially this administration, doesn't have that as their goal. Though what you say sounds reasonable.

My housemate is disabled. SSI stopped one of his benefits ( one is his one comes from his parent, it is a lifetime thing). SSI claimed they over paid him and would halve his benefits for 6 months, leaving him with $300 a month. He went to a local organization, who first said they would pay his rent, then turned around and said since there was no eviction notice, they couldn't, 2 months later. That is because my aunt, out of the goodness of her heart was covering his half of the rent- with the agreement it would be paid back and paid to me, she would rather it go to me.

It took 5 months for SSI to fix this. April 3rd, he finally gets his full payment back.

He had called neighborhood legal services and 20 other organizations (salvation army, Catholic Charities, PPL INC, etc). They wanted us at eviction before helping.

The system is broken. Especially locally.

He has Spina Bifida. He is over 30. It is lucky he is still alive.

Reldra, DBC and I are both old and broken, and we understand the challenges. I think what this thread has honestly started is a discussion, on how do we fix things. I honestly think this has been one of the best threads ever. Everyone identifies themselves according to the boxes, and this has forced us to break out.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i consider myself a moderate centrist, i like a lot of gary johnsons ideas and motto - fiscally conservative, socially liberal.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join