It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here not a conservative or progressive?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Anarchist

I suggest you buy/own an island - - and see how well that works with your "subjects".

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
See what I mean about making enemies everywhere?

Not entering the pissing contest today, guys.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Where are the liberalists(aka classical liberals)?

We're here...
Classical liberals most often gets mistaken for conservatives on ATS.
If you are for limited government and pro-gun they just file you with the conservatives.
Not even caring if you are also pro-choice, pro-cannabis, and anti-war.
I tried to get them to understand this a few months back.
A plea for reformation of the left.
But the identity politics game rages on here.

I am pro choice, pro cannabis and pro gun (with reasonable limits), I am anti war. I have never been mistaken for conservative.

I am pro-pro-pro too and I am anti Stupid war.

Why do we have war? I would say - - sometimes there is rational to have war. Am I seeing it now? I do not know.

Is terrorism a legitimate war? Uh . . . who determines who is a terrorist?

Of course there are sometimes reasons for war.

Who determines who is a terrorist? The right likes to do that most of the time. They feel it is their area of expertise. Usually is most Muslims, sometimes it is anyone who doesn't agree with them.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I always figured anyone with half a Brain was moderate, at least.

If you are thinking clearly and freely than the idea of either of those polarities is obsurd imho.

As far as anarchist and minarchs and such... well.. I appreciate their ambition and self confidence.

One must be in the middle to have half a brain? That is not logical.

Middle is complacent.

Centrist on the other hand: : a person whose political opinions are not extreme : a person whose beliefs fall between those of liberals and conservatives

IMO Centrist is one who looks at each issue independently. One who chooses what is logical and progressive (forward moving).

Great definition Annee

link   
a reply to: NthOther

No, we don't run around in black hoodies throwing rocks at storefronts. Those are usually hardcore statists and government agents acting as provocateurs.

This is not actually true, while Police have infiltrated affinity groups before, most of the time they are exposed before any actual action.

Black Bloc tactics are a huge part of anarchist action and one of many diversity of tactics we use

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why? I mean, anyone with even a little bit if knowledge on anarchy understands we don't have/want subjects

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

We're here...
If you are for limited government and pro-gun they just file you with the conservatives.

I am pro choice, pro cannabis and pro gun (with reasonable limits), I am anti war. I have never been mistaken for conservative.

Anti-war yeah right. Could you be more hypocritical. You are advocating a war with Russia like the other war mongers in the US. Don't pretend otherwise.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

We should all strive to limit government to a bare minimum and maximize individualism.

People are not the problem. Centralized unchecked power is.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

We're here...

Anti-war yeah right. Could you be more hypocritical. You are advocating a war with Russia like the other war mongers in the US. Don't pretend otherwise.

I have never advocated war with Russia. That must be the reading comprehension thing mentioned.

I did say I would have put boots on the ground in Crimea. That is not declaring war against Russia, what would have been protecting an ally.
edit on 27-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Sorry.

So you make comments about public educated folks, I scored in the top 1% on my military entrance exams, made my living for years machining metal to .0001 of an inch, and the last time my IQ was tested it was 168. You started the pissing contest with your comments.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

We're here...

I have never advocated war with Russia. That must be the reading comprehension thing mentioned.

Please own your posts about the Ukraine. You want a war with Russia because of that issue alone. Your posts in that regard speak volumes.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

We're here...

Please own your posts about the Ukraine. You want a war with Russia because of that issue alone. Your posts in that regard speak volumes.

I own my posts.A country can protect an ally without declaring war.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Totally agree.

Obama's(or was it Romney's originally) ACA.
Obama's NDAA.
Bush's Patriot act.
Trump's inexperience and incompetence.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Sorry.

So you make comments about public educated folks, I scored in the top 1% on my military entrance exams, made my living for years machining metal to .0001 of an inch, and the last time my IQ was tested it was 168. You started the pissing contest with your comments.

Nthother did start it. I actually went to private schools for most education before University. The comment makes no sense for even public education.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

We're here...

Protecting the Ukraine could be seen as a declaration of war. Ever wondered why other countries don't seem to care about them.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

We're here...

Protecting the Ukraine could be seen as a declaration of war. Ever wondered why other countries don't seem to care about them.

Other countries do care. Crimea was a bad decision, in my opinion to not save. Ukraine now lives in fear of Russian takeover. Ukraine allies now say they won't allow it as more Russian expansion would follow.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

We should all strive to limit government to a bare minimum and maximize individualism.

Agreed.

I guess I'd be Individualismistic.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Sorry.

Nthother did start it. I actually went to private schools for most education before University. The comment makes no sense for even public education.

I went to 13 years of public education K-12, with even the few college courses that I have being from state universities. My education in the US military was awesome, and not combat connected, so I got additional education in triage in case of chemical, nuclear, or biological warfare.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Agreed.

I like that word. However, it is in the best interest of the people and the government that the government pay for healthcare and handle social and environmental concerns. Otherwise, we will end up in an oligarchy that Trump wants.

And i mean to say handle them well. Else, we have the south and midwest outlawing abortion and polluting the rest of the nation.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Agreed.

Jesus there are as many political viewpoints as there now are genders and sexualities.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join