It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do residents of major cities need to accept terrorism as part of life?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Thanks for your interesting well thought out reply. In my country we have no problems with Muslims,as far as i am aware of anyway.There is a small Muslim enclave in the town near where we live,and they seem to be quiet people,friendly for the most part and mind their own business.My youngest daughter's best friend in primary school for a few years was a Muslim girl,actually.

From what i see across the net,it is bad in Europe though. I don't think i'm in an echo chamber though,just taking note of what i see posted on the net on sites for both conservatives,centrists and liberals alike.I'm always open to look at different viewpoints and perspectives,which is why i appreciate your reply.

Your friend sounds like a really top guy,i am happy his circumstances have improved.

But i fervently despise all the Abrahamic religions,religion is a curse,a blight on the human race. From what i have seen on the net,it does seem like Islam is the religion that wants to subvert other cultures and nations given half the chance,the one that contains the radical elements and fanaticism,the systemic oppression of women,human rights violations,violence,persecution and murder. At least in these modern times we live in-i am well aware that Christianity has a sickening,disgusting record of oppression and persecution and murder and violence in previous centuries.But they have shed that,so now to me,Islam is the most dangerous of the Abrahamics.

I take note also of what you spoke of,regarding crime in Eastern European countries,from Eastern European criminals,duly noted.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Now who's ignoring the point. You are blatantly refusing to read and admit the truth.

That list is not just murders. It's suicide bombings, bombings and plane hijackings. Open the link and read for yourself.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm not ignoring at all. Several of the bombings in your list were claimed by Hamas. They are a Palestinian political group performing those acts for political reasons against the state of Israel. Just because the people who carried out the act may be Muslim, it's not an act of Islamic terror. If you cannot see, or don't want to see the difference, that says more about you than me doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Bahaha, splitting hairs much?

Did you not watch the video in the OP? That was a Palestinian talking about how Islam will take over the world, not just Israel.

Wake up from your slumber before its too late.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Did you not watch the video in the OP? That was a Palestinian talking about how Islam will take over the world, not just Israel.

"Splitting hairs much?" - are you serious? You try and say the IRA aren't a good example then you use Hamas as an example when they couldn't be more similar in principle to the IRA!!!

I suggest you get out more, may help you think rationally.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The world is going to hell in a hand basket mate. I don't know what to say, if this is taking place everyone is farked. I doubt it's as bad as you think it is, relax.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: markosity1973

"Splitting hairs much?" - are you serious? You try and say the IRA aren't a good example then you use Hamas as an example when they couldn't be more similar in principle to the IRA!!!

I suggest you get out more, may help you think rationally.

Clearly you did not read my original reply to your IRA analogy

No it was not different.

The IRA was a terrorist organisation and committed some terrible acts of terror. The difference is that they have laid down their arms now so are no longer a real problem.

Islam has not so they are still a problem that is getting worse. Also the IRA has a single target - the UK. ISLAM commits acts of terror across the globe. Some of the worst being in supposedly Islamic nations themselves

You also completely neglect the role of the orangemen in Ireland in their unholy war of terror. It was as much a war between Catholicism and Protestantism as it was Ireland vs UK. And if you want to call it a religious fight, that is fine with me. Plenty of people would agree with you that Catholicism and Christianity has spread fear and terror as it assimilated pagan cultures around the globe as the white empires expanded.

It still has absolutely zero to do with the problem of Islam, which is growing in proportion daily.

Hamas are a part of Islam. And they commit atrocities in the name of it, particularly motivated by the desire to reclaim Jerusalem and the Temple mount where they have their mosque.

Again I repeat, your argument is null and void.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archonic

The world is going to hell in a hand basket mate. I don't know what to say, if this is taking place everyone is farked. I doubt it's as bad as you think it is, relax.

All I can say is that nobody believed the Roman empire would fall despite many warnings from within that it was crumbling.

The USA and now the entire west is hearing similar cries today.

Drawing parallels with the end of the Roman empire, Mr Walker warned there were “striking similarities” between America’s current situation and the factors that brought down Rome, including “declining moral values and political civility at home, an over-confident and over-extended military in foreign lands and fiscal irresponsibility by the central government”.

Financial times original link and full article.

Remember, after Rome was sacked the entire empire moved eastward to Constantinople (Modern day Istanbul) and was eventually overrun by Islam, to become part of the Ottoman empire. The Islamists are just itching to reclaim Spain (also once Islamic) and take all of Europe.

They see it as their holy obligation to convert the entire world, just as Christianity did at one point.
edit on 30-3-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

yeah mate the world is farked. What can I say. People need to learn from the past, and if they don't they're doomed to repeat it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

And if Hamas and the Israeli state achieve a peaceful resolution, both Hamas and Israel may well stop committing atrocities against achieve and lay down their arms. But it's neither here not there in your argument, Hamas are not an Islamic terror group, the actions they commit are attributed to their political aims so to compare them to IS is childish and ignorant - but hey, that's up to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join