It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do residents of major cities need to accept terrorism as part of life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The answer is no, you as a citizen of your country have the right to have your security protected by your elected officials and if they are not doing their job you have to voice your concerns.

Do no become part of the silent majority.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Whats that about heavy handed responses? And thats just domestically speaking. Lets not include takedowns of whole nations like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria (ongoing in all cases).

Where was Islamic radicalism festering?

All of those nations.

Syria, Libya and Iraq may have been ruled over secular leaders but they too greatly feared the Islamists. Western lead intervention in those nations was an extremely poorly executed attempt to neutralise said threats and to free the people from dictatorships.

In hindsight, everyone should have listened to Russia's warnings.
edit on 27-3-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Because by accepting it, you are validating acts of terrorism as a way to make political statements and a means of manipulating public opinion.

no it's not, your accepting that at any time you can be attacked and killed by sh@@ birds. i never said give in to them, in fact i've in many threads said every person should fight against them.

plus one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. just ask the people that run south africa now, or the numerous countries in south america, or in africa.

I don't know about you, but I am not prepared to accept that fact that say my beloved sister could be on her way to work one minute and dead the next due to the hateful acts of a neanderthal who wants to install Sharia law and take away most of the rights she enjoys as a female.

How are we going to explain to the next generation that going to a football game or a concert could end up with them being blown up because we, their parents decided it was easier to accept the threat than stand as a majority against it and act?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but I am not prepared to accept that fact that say my beloved sister could be on her way to work one minute and dead the next due to the hateful acts of a neanderthal who wants to install Sharia law and take away most of the rights she enjoys as a female.

me neither, but until we get common sense immigration laws, and stop coddling people that come to this country illegally you might want to love on your sister, mother, father, brother or who ever a little more. cause until we do the chances are it's going to keep steady increasing. in fact i'm surprised that we don't see more of them than we do. i guess that's due to the fact that DHS, NSA, FBI may not be as inept as they appear to be at times.

and again accepting that you maybe killed by a terrorist attack in a large city is not giving in. it's facing the realities that the fact now in the 21 century, that has been shown across the world, terrorist will strike where they think can and think they can get away with it. or do the most damage. be it home grown locals or cells of organizations.

to walk around now as if it can't or won't happen is just being naive.
edit on 27-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

to walk around now as if it can't or won't happen is just being naive.

I agree with everything you say, but to clarify that last sentence', my position is best summed up by this one sentence from Ms Khalil in the OP article

"I'm not being naive, I know there is violence and risk in everything out there, but just to say we should accept it and carry on, I don't think that's the right approach to it.

To me accepting that terrorism is just a threat we have to live with is akin to saying let's just accept that domestic violence and pedophilia are a part of life. No they are not, they should never be accepted and should be fought against until stamped out.

We know who and what the threat is with Islamic radicalism. So why do we not act?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

We know who and what the threat is with Islamic radicalism. So why do we not act?

that my friend is a question many people have been asking, many of whom are in high places and have given plans on how to do it. but it seems that PTB won't let that happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I don't know about the rest of the world, but Americans would be better off accepting three facts:

1) People are crazy and often unpredictable in both groups and as individuals.

2) The psychopaths in the government neither desire, nor do they have the authoritative capacity to enforce any effective plan to protect you.

3) As an American, you have the right to arm and defend yourself.

With that in mind, I couldn't care less, what any member of any cult believes. My safety is my own responsibility.
edit on 27-3-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA Yeah good luck convincing me to accept radical islamic terrorism or any terrorist acts for that matter. Never gonna happen. If you are a pos terrorist i call you a f#cking pos terrorist. I like you americans i really do but i have to wonder why the f#ck was nobody protesting Obamas bombing runs? It's like the american people were completely docile for the past 8 years and now all of a sudden it's a huge problem to bomb other countries.

The MSM is already trying to condition us into accepting terror attacks as normal and a part of life. Well it's not. We have the FBI,NSA,Mossad,MI5,CIA and all the other fancy alphabet agencies around the globe and with all the surveillance equipment that money can buy and some scumbags still slip to the cracks. The f#cking scumbag that drove into the people in Berlin at the christmas market had 24/7 surveillance on him prior to the attack. They thought they had flipped him but from my pov that was a mistake and a huge oversight on their part. Quit trying to make deals or to flip terrorists ffs. That would be a first good start to prevent these attacks in the near future.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Where was Islamic radicalism festering?

The festering boil on the asshole of humanity is NATO, not Islam.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Oh i completely agree with you Markosity but it does not look like Western civilisation is much interested in saving itself,especially European westerners.I'm South African and white so i have my own concerns,including possible famine and mass starvation in the future,monstrous crime levels,extremely high cost of living and maybe even attempts at a genocide of my entire ethnicity in the future.

It is too late now,i think for Europe.And to be quite frank i have no sympathy.If we wanted to move to Europe,it would not be possible for us,even though we are descendants of Europeans and are decent hardworking people.But no what the European leaders wanted were not people like us but hordes of teeming millions of followers of a barbaric oppressive religion,that includes terrorists.So they get what wanted,and obviously the citizenry accepts the situation.

Always best to avoid living in cities,they are cesspools anyway and seeing Europe has made a dangerous bed for itself they shall have to sleep in it.The bed will most likely be all the more conducive to providing them with nightmares in large cities and towns.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
We live in a time where even dumb pranks are considered "terrorism".

The answer is absolutely yes.

When the bar for what's considered "terrorism" is set so low, then residents of major cities absolutely need to accept that "terrorism" is a "fact of life".

With freedom comes risks, and people being dumb around each other is at an increased risk in densely populated areas.

The only way to truly eliminate "terrorism" is by eliminating freedom, and most people still kinda like the notion of freedom.
edit on 3/28/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
We live in a time where even dumb pranks are considered "terrorism".

The answer is absolutely yes.

When the bar for what's considered "terrorism" is set so low, then residents of major cities absolutely need to accept that "terrorism" is a "fact of life".

With freedom comes risks, and people being dumb around each other is at an increased risk in densely populated areas.

The only way to truly eliminate "terrorism" is by eliminating freedom, and most people still kinda like the notion of freedom.

Wow dude, just wow......

So a kid putting a fire cracker in a letterbox equates to the same level as a lone gunman walking around randomly shooting at fleeing people while screaming Allahu Akbar now?

Have you lost the ability to think for yourself and discern what is actually terrorism and what is a just very naughty kid who needs a kick up the backside?

Attitudes like this is why we have a problem to start with.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Raxoxane
In my personal opinion,yes. So if you possibly can,avoid living in a major city. It's just gonna get worse.

My question to you is this;

Where is break point? How far does it need to go before we all wake up and say ENOUGH?

A wise man once said

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

How much longer will the good people of this world sit in silence?

So do you think when the Republic of Ireland, and England, suffered repeated bomb attacks by (mainly) the IRA, all Christians or at least Catholics should have been attacked? Obviously of course by your reckoning certainly all Irish people would be classed as bad people wouldn't they?

But of course you will say that's different, no?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Have you lost the ability to think for yourself and discern what is actually terrorism and what is a just very naughty kid who needs a kick up the backside?

Have I lost the ability to discern what is actually terrorism?

No.

Has the legal system, the authorities who enforce it, and the media lost the ability to discern what is actually terrorism?

Absolutely. They set the bar low, and just keep dropping it further and further like it's a damn limbo contest.
edit on 3/28/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
London's mayor seems to think so. Go figure.

Sadiq Khan said the threat of terror attacks is part of everyday life, not the attacks themselves - is your ability to read and comprehend as bad as Trump Jnr's?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

In my personal opinion,yes. So if you possibly can,avoid living in a major city. It's just gonna get worse.

I really don´t know. That could maybe be possible if one is living constantly in one of those fear and hate spreading echo chambers in the web. But if you leave your house from time to time, away from all that rightwinger doomsday news, you will see that the reality is an other than that echo chamber "reality".

Since 2015, when all these rightwingers saw their chance again and crept outta their rat holes to go public again, i never saw personally anything of all the evil things that are allegedly done by all those refugees. Like nobody else i know does. And we live right in the middle of Cologne(known for the, imho, somehow guided or staged NYE events). I never saw gangs of roaming refugees, looking for the next blonde girl to rape. I don´t now any girl or woman personally, that got sexually harrassed by muslim refugees.

I know that there are problems with those Maghreb guys, "Nafris", because they are known as pickpockets and for dealing with drugs. But the most of them are no refugees and they are not known to be very religious muslims. More the opposite, they drink, take drugs, never visit any mosques...

I just wanted to say that nothing got worse than before, in reality, if you leave your house and meet people. It´s still 80 millions of german in germany, and let it be 1 million of refugees. And most of the refugees are just average people that want to live in freedom. And maybe at one of that places that is the reason for other countries, like many african countries, to go down the drain, and not in their, by "us", exploited countries anymore.

I would even say that we have way more problems with criminals from east european, christian countries than with muslim refugees. Ask all the germans that live in cities and towns near borders to east european countries like Poland, the Czech Republic, how they have to secure their ground, their tractors and even their animals for being not robbed the twentieth time in one year. I would say that is kind of steady terror, too. Cars are stolen in huge numbers everyday in germany, and brought to eastern europe. Not to syria, africa, iraq or wherever. Jewellers got robbed in masses here, with stolen cars that crash into these stores, traces all go to eastern europe. That maybe got worse.

I live in a major city and i am still alive. Saw never hoardes of refugees raping women, saw never any muslims blowing up themselves, saw never one beheading somebody. Got never attacked by refugees. Just have a new friend now, from pakistan. He was collecting for bottles(8-25 cent per bottle) while he had to live in such a refugee shelter, with no privacte space, no quiet space to sleep well, nothing. And way too less money. So he decided to collect bottles, not to rob people and rape women. So we met him everyday, sitting in the park, chilling, till we invited him to eat some BBQ with us, to drink a beer and smoke a spliff with us. We got him a small job in a supermarket and helped him to find an appartment. He "assimilated" very fast, he is more german(diligence, punctuality, working almost like japanese workers...) than we are, never missed a minute at work and is happy that he met us.

I think he has no reason to start a terror attack, he flew from terror and is happy to live in freedom and peace now.
If we wouldn´t threat everybody with black hairs like muslim terrorists, maybe we wouldn´t have problems with muslim terrorists? Except those that are guided by TPTB, for their good reasons, like keeping the terror fear up to create a "security(surveillance) state...

Again, if people leave their keyboards and screens from time and move out of their echo chambers to visit the real world and life, they will see that nothing is as bad as shown in the web!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

My question to you is this;

Where is break point? How far does it need to go before we all wake up and say ENOUGH?

A wise man once said

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

How much longer will the good people of this world sit in silence?

So do you think when the Republic of Ireland, and England, suffered repeated bomb attacks by (mainly) the IRA, all Christians or at least Catholics should have been attacked? Obviously of course by your reckoning certainly all Irish people would be classed as bad people wouldn't they?

But of course you will say that's different, no?

No it was not different.

The IRA was a terrorist organisation and committed some terrible acts of terror. The difference is that they have laid down their arms now so are no longer a real problem.

Islam has not so they are still a problem that is getting worse. Also the IRA has a single target - the UK. ISLAM commits acts of terror across the globe. Some of the worst being in supposedly Islamic nations themselves

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

And most of the refugees are just average people that want to live in freedom.

If by freedom you mean live within the confines of sharia law. So free as long as you're not gay, or a woman.

I thought that by definition, refugees were not 'normal,' that's why they're called refugees.

If they weren't refugees, they would be immigrants, no?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The answer is no, you as a citizen of your country have the right to have your security protected by your elected officials and if they are not doing their job you have to voice your concerns.

Do no become part of the silent majority.

So...

Are you saying it is better to give up freedom for security ?

You actually want to give authority more power to keep you safe ?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: DerBeobachter

And most of the refugees are just average people that want to live in freedom.

If by freedom you mean live within the confines of sharia law. So free as long as you're not gay, or a woman.

I thought that by definition, refugees were not 'normal,' that's why they're called refugees.

If they weren't refugees, they would be immigrants, no?

And just WHY exactly do you think that most neighbouring Islamic states are refusing to take in Syrian refugees?

They are forcing them into the west in an attempt to Islamify it. That's why.

If the Muslim community were doing something to rat out the radicals among them, we would have no problems. But they aren't. Because most of them are sympathisers who want to turn the west into the same hell holes they escaped from.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join