It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do residents of major cities need to accept terrorism as part of life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I was reading the article below on a law change to freedom of speech (discrimination) here in Australia and it really got me to thinking.

www.abc.net.au...

First of all; When someone speaks out against Radical Islamic terrorism the first cries that are heard are that of "Racist!"

Well excuse me, but I was taught in school that Islam is a religion, not a race. One can choose to be a Muslim, but one does not get to choose if they are say native Hawaiian. The countries of the Middle East where most of these trouble makers come from also have people of other religions such as Christianity, Astrozorian, Yazidi and more I probably don't even know. If I said I had issues with Iraqi people I would be racist, but Muslims come from all over and they are a subscribing to a religion and are from many different races.

Therefore speaking out against Islam is not racist. And here is the giant hypocritical kicker that makes my blood boil; If one bags Christianity not a word is spoken. It's just accepted that we can say what we want about that religion with little to no consequence.

Secondly; This whole we don't discriminate against race or religion thing. Yeah, I get it. A couple of glaring areas that brought this much needed philosophy into existence were slavery and the Jewish holocaust.

But

We now have a religion blatantly taking advantage of this ideology to further their own agenda and bring violence right to our doorsteps. I mean, where are the Astrozorian or Hindu terror groups? So every single time somone stands up against Islam - the ONLY religious troublemaker in terms of terrorist attacks around the globe we are all told to sit down and shut up because we are discriminating.

So are we just expected to accept that every time we say goodbye to our families in the morning it could be the last time we see them now? Like the title says, should we just sit down and accept that terrorism is a way of life in the big cities because nobody has the balls to call the cockroaches that are the radical Islamists out and neutralise them before they attack again? Is the west even civilised any more?

At the end of the day, we are dealing with a religion that says things like in the video time and time again. They want to take over. Are we just going to roll over and let them?

edit on 27-3-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

China doesn't tolerate this:

Japan doesn't either due to certain incidents:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Exactly, but those countries are also accused of being heavy handed and unfairly discriminating.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In my personal opinion,yes. So if you possibly can,avoid living in a major city. It's just gonna get worse.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

China is one thing but Japan really? As one member said in another thread, Japan now has some of the most generous cultures in the world and they abused that hospitality.

He stated if you cannot get along with Japanese Culture then you are a problem everywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
In my personal opinion,yes. So if you possibly can,avoid living in a major city. It's just gonna get worse.

My question to you is this;

Where is break point? How far does it need to go before we all wake up and say ENOUGH?

A wise man once said

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

How much longer will the good people of this world sit in silence?
edit on 27-3-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Western "leadership" is afflicted with Stockholm Syndrome, IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If the Government is doing it's job, then no, they don't.

Indeed if any person in a position of political power makes such a statement, that people just have to live with terrorism, then they should be removed from their position immediately due to their evidently crippling incompetence and gross criminal negligence. Ensuring the safety of the citizenry, as well as providing competent law enforcement is the first and foremost responsibility of the State.

If there are certain hostile elements out there who think that taking basic counter-terrorism measures is racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, etc. then they should be ignored since they obviously have nothing useful to contribute to the discussion.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

China is one thing but Japan really? As one member said in another thread, Japan now has some of the most generous cultures in the world and they abused that hospitality.

He stated if you cannot get along with Japanese Culture then you are a problem everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, but if you search Japan discriminates against Islam, you will find plenty of leftist hysteria about it.

I totally agree with you and the Japanese, I love their culture and give props to them for protecting it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

wouldn't hurt, i haven't heard of a terrorist attack out in the boonies. now i suppose if a bunch of people gathered in the boonies for some reason they might.

terrorism is all about striking fear and hurting as many people as possible, and cities are the perfect place for that.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Exactly, but those countries are also accused of being heavy handed and unfairly discriminating.

Russia doesn't put up with it either.
The terrorists don't hesitate to chop innocent peoples heads off, so why should they be given any leeway at all?
They do not deserve any sympathy because you said it in your OP.....they are cockroaches.
So in my opinion the heavier handed against them the better.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

If there are certain hostile elements out there who think that taking basic counter-terrorism measures is racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, etc. then they should be ignored since they obviously have nothing useful to contribute to the discussion.

Agreed. If these groups were Neo Nazis there would be universal condemnation and a call to stop it from every corner.

I just do not understand how or why people cannot make the connection between Islam and it being an invasive religion that seeks to our ways to those of the dark ages through any means necessary.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. Maybe they don't hate us because we have too much sex on TV. Maybe they hate us because we bomb the effing Shiite out of them.

I hope you can imagine as you read this that bombing ragheads back to the stone age might just radicalize one or two of them.

edit on 27-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
London's mayor seems to think so. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

wouldn't hurt, i haven't heard of a terrorist attack out in the boonies. now i suppose if a bunch of people gathered in the boonies for some reason they might.

terrorism is all about striking fear and hurting as many people as possible, and cities are the perfect place for that.

Would you also like to invite ISIS to say London and give them the keys to the city too?

Because by accepting it, you are validating acts of terrorism as a way to make political statements and a means of manipulating public opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes.

Next question. (I'm on a roll)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. Maybe they don't hate us because we have too much sex on TV. Maybe they hate us because we bomb the effing Shiite out of them.

I hope you can imagine as you read this that bombing ragheads back to the stone age might just radicalize one or two of them.

That argument is getting tired now.

Who downed the airliner over Lockerbie?

Who attacked in 9/11?

I believe that you will find that there was no attack without provocation. This whole thing has been escalating for years, but it was not the west who initiated it. Islamic terror groups have been up to this nonsense for a long time.

List of Islamic terror attacks

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
WACO

SLA

MOVE

Ruby Ridge

Whats that about heavy handed responses? And thats just domestically speaking. Lets not include takedowns of whole nations like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria (ongoing in all cases).

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yes, but only to a certain extent. Terrorism will usually only strike Military targets or large urban areas. Just like you will be more likely to be a victim of crime in a large urban area.

You can do your part to make sure you aren't a victim by learning self defense and being aware and voting and working to make sure your area is more secure.

But ultimately it's one of those things you have to accept.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Because by accepting it, you are validating acts of terrorism as a way to make political statements and a means of manipulating public opinion.

no it's not, your accepting that at any time you can be attacked and killed by sh@@ birds. i never said give in to them, in fact i've in many threads said every person should fight against them.

plus one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. just ask the people that run south africa now, or the numerous countries in south america, or in africa.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join