It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the kid who believes he's the reincarnated spirit of Lou Gehrig

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Found this on yahoo.

Meet the kid who believes he's the reincarnated spirit of Lou Gehrig

It’s not a joke, either. Cathy Haupt believes so strongly that her son was Gehrig in a past life that she’s written a book about his experience. That book is “The Boy Who Knew Too Much” — it’s out Tuesday and it chronicles how Christian and Cathy came to that realization. The movie rights for “The Boy Who Knew Too Much” have already been picked up by 20th Century Fox, according to Deadline, with the team that did “Miracles from Heaven” at the helm.

I know this may be just promo for the movie and no real information that could not be found online; but it would be great if Lou Gehrig actually reincarnated. Wonder if the kid will grow up to be as big as Gehrig and have similar health problems. The mother also thinks that she was Lou Gehrig's mom in her previous incarnation. Kinda stretching it there I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

Let me know when a Major League Baseball team drafts him, I might take him a bit more seriously then.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here's another account from Deadspin.

Does this look like the reincarnation of Lou Gehrig to you?

You’ve spoken to a toddler, or at least know enough about children to imagine what speaking to a toddler might be like. You understand that a 2-year-old child, because his brain is still developing and he is just starting to experiment with language, is liable to say some dumb things. A toddler might say to you, “Vroom vroom, I am a truck!” or, “The pasghetti noodle is in my brain!” or, “Ninja Turtle lives in the potty!” or, “I used to be a tall baseball player.” Because you are an adult, you would understand such declarations to be nonsense. The same cannot be said for Cathy Byrd.

This really does show up how thin the story being reported is. The comments are great too. There are a lot of people saying that they know people who are the reincarnation of Ty Cobb. Let's face it we all need something lighthearted to brighten our days.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I was Wally Pipp in past life. I hate that kid.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Let me know when a Major League Baseball team drafts him, I might take him a bit more seriously then.

Let me know when MLB can be taken seriously. Then, if I'm convinced, OP can work on taking reincarnation seriously.

Baby steps here, baby steps.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Maybe the rest of us are just reincarnated from regular Joe-Shmoes, whom lived nondescript lives of misery and hopelessness?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

In what aspect is it unserious?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Today, I consider That kid to be the luckiest kid on the face of the earth...earth...earth.
edit on 27-3-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Needs more echo.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I believe it is entirely possible.

There are many cases just like this.

Laugh at him at your peril.

It could cost you another fourty...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow - a book and a movie deal? That either tells me there is something truly substantial and remarkable to this story or it tells me that mom is quite the go-getter and willing to use her kid for money and fame.

Honestly, it could go either way if I try to be open minded.
edit on 27-3-2017 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Avatar 'carnation, just sayin' (I recall Gehrig was a sure out, when my fast ball was zinging) .

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I too have seen reports about kids and reincarnation make me really question if it is real or not. This case screams of self promotion. The leaked evidence tying the youngster to Lou Gehrig is weak. Also, the mother claiming to be Lou Gehrig's reincarnated mother really stretches the story. No other family that I know of has had their own book written. I have seen books written by people associated with Dr. Tucker from Virginia but not by a family member. Also, the film coming out is really over the top. There has to be a lot of embellishment to make the movie practical.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Avatar 'carnation, just sayin' (I recall Gehrig was a sure out, when my fast ball was zinging) .

Just so you know, Grove gave up nine home runs to Gehrig which was the most he gave up to any batter in his career. Ruth and Greenberg also had the same total.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm a believer of reincarnation but I think this one is fake. The way they are saying it sounds like they are doing it for cash grabs.

edit on 3/27/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
Here's another account from Deadspin.

Does this look like the reincarnation of Lou Gehrig to you?

You’ve spoken to a toddler, or at least know enough about children to imagine what speaking to a toddler might be like. You understand that a 2-year-old child, because his brain is still developing and he is just starting to experiment with language, is liable to say some dumb things. A toddler might say to you, “Vroom vroom, I am a truck!” or, “The pasghetti noodle is in my brain!” or, “Ninja Turtle lives in the potty!” or, “I used to be a tall baseball player.” Because you are an adult, you would understand such declarations to be nonsense. The same cannot be said for Cathy Byrd.

This really does show up how thin the story being reported is. The comments are great too. There are a lot of people saying that they know people who are the reincarnation of Ty Cobb. Let's face it we all need something lighthearted to brighten our days.

Johnny Dickshot? LOL
I wish I would have been Johnny Dickshot in a previous life.
In fact, I might change my name to that now.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just so you know, Grove gave up nine home runs to Gehrig which was the most he gave up to any batter in his career. Ruth and Greenberg also had the same total.

All fence jumpers, and three of those I softlobbed into the fellow on a bet. I once pitched to him underhand, like a girl, because Eleanor was in the crowd and wanted to see him whack one. Or at least that's how I recall it. This kid who says he's Gehrig, ask him what he and Lefty did that night in Philly, when the dames were running the speakeasy down by Foxx's hangout. That would prove he's on the up and up.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am open-minded about re-incarnation tales. Some are legitimately amazing and puzzling. This one though comes off as simple grandstanding and fame grabbing by the mother. Sigh.

Edit add: this should be called: Meet the MOM who thinks her 2 year old is Lou Gehrig!
edit on 3 27 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

...ask him what he and Lefty did that night in Philly, when the dames were running the speakeasy down by Foxx's hangout. That would prove he's on the up and up.

For a Limey you know your baseball.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Reincarnation is notoriously no respecter of borders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join