It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortal Technique: Rapper, Conspiracy Theorist, History Student, Philanthropist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Immortal Technique, born Felipe Andres Coronel in Peru in 1978, raised in Harlem NY, raps about just the type of material that attracts many of us to ATS.
Government corruption, (9/11, CIA drug trade etc) world history, geopolitics, rights of man, social unrest; Immortal Technique's lyrics include all this and more.

A few interesting facts about Immortal Technique:
*released his first album Revolutionary Vol. 1 with money he earned from rap battles in the New York underground scene.
*In 2008, Technique used the proceeds from his album The 3rd World to travel to Afghanistan and help to build/fund an orphanage which is now thriving and houses 20 orphans from Kabul.

He's an ATS kind of guy, imo

Here's a couple of his more conspiratorial/political songs:

Thanks for listening!

edit on 27-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I've been listening to him for over a decade now, he has great beats and really original and intelligent lyrics.

Pretty much all his albums are worth a listen, for a while you could get his most recent one " The Martyr" for free online.

Some of my favorite tracks over the years:
Freedom of speech
Reverse pimpology
Mistakes
4th branch
Peruvian coc aine
Land of the gun
The 3rd world

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I agree with everything you said (also been on to him for 10 yrs, give or take)! Thanks for commenting

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Great artist, I especially like his older material. You can find some interviews worth listening to on Youtube. Cause Of Death and Mistakes are my 2 favorite Tech songs. I remember the first time I heard Dance With The Devil. Holy Sh#t! I knew he was not just another pop rapper who would quickly fade. Wouldn't be at all shocked if he was an ATS member.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I agree with everything you said (also been on to him for 10 yrs, give or take)! Thanks for commenting
I hate social media these days but I have Myspace to thank for introducing me to Immortal Technique when Facebook was still getting started. Man how the years fly by!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Yeah " dance with the devil" and "you never know"- 2 of the saddest songs you will ever hear. Maybe not the best tracks for a party but defiantly worth hearing at least once.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Yep, "Holy Sh!+!" is probably the most common response to that song (Dance With the Devil).

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Immortal is woke as #.

edit on 27-3-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Never heard of him, but I'm old and not much into the hippity hop. The two songs you posted are interesting. Hopefully they get some young un's thinking right; challenge their thought process. Better than the misogyny and glorification of violence many in the genre rely upon. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Toby, thank you for listening to music outside your typical enjoyment zone

Good for you for trying new things! I agree that the youth would be far better off listening to these lyrics than 98% of what's out there (in any genre, actually).

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
He's a great artist that does some really good charitable work. Unfortunately he's a bit of a dick in person, very arrogant and rude. His music is awesome though.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I've heard that about him too! Oh well you usually can't have it all
I put him on that long list of mine of artists who I don't think I'd like personally but love their craft anyway

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I love Immortal Technique.

I heard that he works his own merch booth, this dude is the definition of independent!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I definitely admire his drive, his passion, and entrepreneurial spirit.
Thanks for that freestyle- it was everything good about Immortal.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Hey man, thanks for that Alex Jones clip.. and that song is excellent, thanks for posting it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This battle was hillarious.

4th branch is my favorite immortal technique song here's another good one about 9/11.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdubious

Ha, thank you for posting that battle.. you're right, it was hilarious! Immortal killed it!

top topics

join