It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomi Lahren ‘Banned Permanently’ From TheBlaze After Abortion Comment: Report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That will show her. Tomi Lahren was a host on the blaze network owned by Glenn Beck. And she said some things about abortion, like she is pro choice so she got canned. This is usually a liberal reaction, not a conservative one. I wish I was surprised that the Glenn Beck spiral of nonsense did this, I am not.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Commentator Tomi Lahren’s time is apparently up at TheBlaze, according to a new report from the New York Post’s “Page Six.”

Glenn Beck’s network suspended the 24-year-old Lahren’s show, “Tomi,” last week after she called anti-abortion conservatives “hypocrites.”

Her being prochoice should not be a reason to fire her. Glenn Beck should welcome differing opinions and allow her to make him all that sweet sweet money, as her show was popular.

“I’m pro-choice,” Lahren said during an interview on “The View” earlier this month, “and here’s why: I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think that the government should decide what women should do with their bodies.”

The suspension was reportedly supposed to last one week, but “Page Six” writer Richard Johnson said unnamed sources told him that Lahren’s show was permanently banned.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

“I’m pro-choice,” Lahren said during an interview on “The View” earlier this month, “and here’s why: I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think that the government should decide what women should do with their bodies.”

WHAT IN GODS NAME? A REAL REPUBLICAN?

Countdown to her demonization to inevitable democrat shill in 4...3....2....

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
And she didn't even say anything, like she was pro abortion or anything. She said that women's rights and abortion are not a federal government issue. Keep your hands of my Guns and my body!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well..Not a fan of Tomi by any means, I think she's pretty much a Meghan Kelly wanna be with less substance and a flair for the dramatic.

BUT.

Being fired for supporting a woman's right to choose? That's harsh, even for the Blaze.

And yes, she is showing true conservative values by saying I may disagree, but that's not the government's job, nor legal right to tell me what to do with my own body.

I respect her a little more than I did.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I've never been given an actual rebuttal to that tiny little piece of logic.

If "you" favor the government leaving you alone and staying out of people's lives, why do you want the government to legislate what "you" and every other woman can do with themselves?

"It's not their body." Mmm pretty sure it is, as far as my understanding of how pregnancy and abortion, or childbirth, work...
edit on 27-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: threw in some quotation marks so Louise didn't beat me up again.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The conservatives in that camp argue the following to your logic:

A woman's right to choose ends when that decision effects the life of the unborn who cannot decide for themselves.

It's technically a conservative outlook if you look at common law, as in you have the right to do as you please so long as you don't interfere with the rights of others.

It just becomes a grey area, once you try and decide what constitutes a baby versus a pile of goo in your uterus.

~Tenth
edit on 3/27/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/27/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"Tomi Lahren will be hired by Fox News, mark my words."
~ Ben Franklin

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Understand Beck's position on this is rooted in what he believes is right versus what he believes is wrong. If I'm an employer and I have an employee who I believe is condoning murder, I would fire that employee just as Beck did.

His money, bis business, his risk, his call entirely.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I get that. The difference is usually that point is made in a shrill, hysterical voice and then it opens up a whole other debate or two, because the counter to it is that the unborn is impacting the rights of the woman blah blah blah.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The whole "right to choose" issue is a two headed serpent in conservative circles, particularly in conservative Constitutionalist circles. A lot of us are religiously opposed to it, but would be willing to accept that it's a "choice" and "right of self" issue if the law wasn't so GD convoluted in other aspects. It makes absolutely NO sense to have legalized abortion under the "it is her body, her choice" interpretation of rights while criminalizing prostitution, recreational drug use, failure to wear a seat belt, and even suicide.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What she said was she believe in a legal procedure that is abortion. If it is legal, I see no grounds for dismissal. In fact I could see a civil rights lawsuit.

But both her and Glenn would profit handsomely if this does go to court. So my cynical side says this is a set up, with the circus known as Beck, nothing would surprise me.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"it is her body, her choice" interpretation of rights while criminalizing prostitution, recreational drug use, failure to wear a seat belt, and even suicide.

EXACTLY!

Which is why for years, I've been saying a lot of conservatives are actually just liberals who don't know what a conservative is.

True conservatism means leave me the hell alone, so long as I am not hurting anybody else. So all those things you mention, should be entirely legal. The fact that they were legislated at all, is a government over reach.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said, but to throw "Pro-Life" off the boat as NONREPUBLICAN is my issue the whole time.

True conservatism means leave me the hell alone, so long as I am not hurting anybody else. So all those things you mention, should be entirely legal. The fact that they were legislated at all, is a government over reach.

~Tenth

This.
This.
This.
This.
This.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"So long as I am not hurting anyone else."

I guess if you make it a pain-free murder it's ok?

Animals.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the identity of modern politics has distilled itself down to a ridiculous equation.
Liberal= Federally mandated empathy
Conservative= Federally mandated morality

Neither is worth a tinker's damn. Forced empathy isn't empathy in any way, it's just forced redistribution of funds, resources, and energy. Forced morality isn't going to get anybody to Heaven any more than forcing a fat man to put salad on his plate is going to make him an ethical vegan.

Personally, I think this is Glen Beck's choice and his choice alone. Any individual who owns a business should have the unquestioned right to terminate any employee for any reason. Everyone should be free to succeed or fail on their own, no artificial constraints, no artificial safety nets... live your life and go as far or as near as your gumption can carry you, leaving the rest of the world the hell alone.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Well if it's legal then it's not murder.

Vegetable.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yeah I'm fine with what he wants to do for his business, no issues there, I'm just surprised is all.

I've fired people for less.

I would not have expected him to give up ratings for his morals. Unless his advertisers threatened to jump and run I suppose.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

Well, Glen Beck isn't a Republican. On Election night he divested himself from both Conservative and Republican, stating that he didn't want any part of what the Conservative and Republican voters put in office. I'd say he has the earmarks of a man trying to reinvent himself as some manner of theocratic exemplar. I think he's trying to set his show up for something similar to what he experienced when Obama won, only this time around he's got to pander to the tatters of the Moral Majority that are left floating around since the GOP took the money and ran.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
"So long as I am not hurting anyone else."

I guess if you make it a pain-free murder it's ok?

Animals.

That doesn't make any sense at all. You misunderstand the entire notion of 'your rights end where my rights begin'.

Obviously murder hurts the other person, it's not about physical pain - please don't be so obtuse.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The man almost deep sized his own media empire to get Ted Cruz elected, following him around like a burnt out stoner on a Dead tour. I don't think Beck's very rational anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join