It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is a Salesman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"All Americans, regardless of their political views, can recognize that government
stagnation has hindered our ability to properly function, often creating widespread
congestion and leading to cost overruns and delays,” I promised the American
people I would produce results, and apply my ‘ahead of schedule, under budget’
mentality to the government" - Donald Trump

Good grief, this new president is headed to imitate the same mistakes of his
predecessor if he thinks our problems in America is due to government stagnation.
Just as with reform for the onerous Health Care bill, his present inclination for Tax
Reform is nothing more than window dressing to appease those who put him in office.

If only Mr Trump would inculcate some policies that impart the concept that
"Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem".
- Ronald Reagan

If Reagan or Trump truly believed the above quote and all that it stands for, their
first policy of business would have been actions towards term limits of the
535 members in Congress, and dissolving the Federal Reserve.

EVERYTHING else pales in comparison, and NOTHING else will change.

And NO, I did not vote for Mr. Trump, though his rhetoric was better
than the other candidates, I'm simply too far along in hearing the
same drums, and sick of dancing.

When you come to understand the affinity of Mr Trumps advisors with his
predecessors, you should foresee the probable political results of MORE OF
THE SAME BS, and the obvious that he's just another pigeon for the
puppet masters.

edit on 3/27/2017 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Of course Trump is a salesman, he sold his business dealings for many decades. He is not really a politician though, selling your services and products does not necessarily have to be done in a politically correct way.

Politically correct has got way out of hand in the last ten to fifteen years. It has become insanity.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

If Reagan or Trump truly believed the above quote and all that it stands for, their first policy of business would have been actions towards term limits of the 535 members in Congress, and dissolving the Federal Reserve.

Congressional term limits would have to be added to the US Constitution, like how the 22nd Amendment created term limits for the US Presidency. According to Article V of the Constitution (HERE), 2/3 of the members of both Chambers of Congress or 2/3 of all State legislatures would have to pass a hypothetical constitutional amendment. I think every Amendment to the US Constitution has happened through Congress.

In other words, you're expecting Trump to be able to convince the members of Congress to place limits on themselves. Why on Earth would they do that for him when his administration openly makes enemies of them? He has so little clout with them that he couldn't even convince his own party's members of Congress to follow through on one of their campaign pledges.
edit on 27-3-2017 by enlightenedservant because: clarification

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Of course Trump is a salesman, he sold his business dealings for many decades. He is not really a politician though, selling your services and products does not necessarily have to be done in a politically correct way.

Politically correct has got way out of hand in the last ten to fifteen years. It has become insanity.

Most the things people attack "Political correctness" for, is simply people having manners, or live and let live.
The same people who are against Political correctness, also get mad at what people wear, what people say and what toilets people use . If given the choice between both groups I'll take political correctness.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: rickymouse

Most the things people attack "Political correctness" for, is simply people having manners, or live and let live.
The same people who are against Political correctness, also get mad at what people wear, what people say and what toilets people use . If given the choice between both groups I'll take political correctness.

Political correctness has gone overboard. I remember when political correctness was a civil way to act, now it has gotten so people use it as a weapon. So I now do not like political correctness since it radicalized. It has become a tool to belittle others even if the person is correct. It has become irrational, focusing on the political correctness instead of the reality of the issue itself.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just start calling yourself a Trump, and you can be a salesman too. What's the problem?

www.complex.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Technically there is nothing Trump can do to get term limits imposed on Congress. Such a thing would have to be enacted as an Amendment to the Constitution.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have to disagree with you, as President he can use his
VOICE and position to convince the American people of
the need for term limits, and the American people can
convince Congress to do the right thing.

Saying he can do nothing is just silly. It's that very attitude
of limitation that keeps these clowns in power.

He's just presently trying to sale the wrong bill of goods.
edit on 3/27/2017 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It has been out of hand for the last 20 years. Now, it's just ludicrous. You can't even make a movie, game or anything else without being called, racist, sexist, homophobic, etc cetera.

I never thought it would reach the boundary of insanity the way it has.

In regard to what the OP is saying, there should be term limits on senators. If that means a constitutional amendment, make it happen. There's no reason why the likes of someone like John McCain and a host of others should hold office 30+ years.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You missed out 'snake oil' from your title.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: rickymouse

It has been out of hand for the last 20 years. Now, it's just ludicrous. You can't even make a movie, game or anything else without being called, racist, sexist, homophobic, etc cetera.

On the other hand, you can't even make a movie, game, commercial or anything else without being subjected to racism because the "black" character is dating the "white" character; being subjected to sexism because the lead role is a female; or being subjected to bigotry because some of the characters are LGBT. It goes both ways.

In regard to what the OP is saying, there should be term limits on senators. If that means a constitutional amendment, make it happen. There's no reason why the likes of someone like John McCain and a host of others should hold office 30+ years.

Actually, the reason is the US Constitution itself. The Founders didn't include federal term limits because they didn't want them. They even made appointment to the Supreme Court a lifetime position!

There are a bunch of lists of the longest serving members of Congress (like HERE), and the trend of being constantly reelected isn't new at all. One guy (Justin Smith Morrill) served in Congress from 1855 to 1898! And another guy (Nathaniel Macon) served from 1791 to 1828, which means he was first elected only a few years after the Constitution was ratified.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Well that is a long route to take that would require MUCH corralling of Congress, something that this healthcare fiasco proves he doesn't have the skills or patience to undertake.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
And Barack Obama was a community organizer.
And Ronald Reagan was an actor.

The point?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22067087]enlightenedservant
Actually, the reason is the US Constitution itself. The Founders didn't include federal term limits because they didn't want them. They even made appointment to the Supreme Court a lifetime position!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't term limits a recent thing? I don't think there was term limits back in the 1700s.
edit on 28-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

That's the point I'm trying to make. Remember, I was responding to this:

There's no reason why the likes of someone like John McCain and a host of others should hold office 30+ years.

In theory, there shouldn't be term limits at all in a democracy or representative democracy. If it's really up to the voters to choose their leaders & representatives, voters should be able to keep selecting the same people if they feel like it. Term limits are just as much a restriction on voter choices as on a politician's career. Or to put it another way, why shouldn't voters be able to reselect a leader/representative that they're satisfied with?

Don't get me wrong, in theory I think federal congressional term limits and Supreme Court time limits can help to reduce the corruption in Washington. But it wouldn't change much in practice if the same campaign finance laws are in place, because wealthy corporations and donors would still be able to practically select the candidates of their choosing.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

an unscrupulous businessman, who doesn't pay up when the bill comes. I wouldn't buy anything from him because he's a con artist.

top topics

join