It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: The Obama White House Received Intel Reports On Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, here we have it, Obama was getting info on the political oppsoition by using our intelligence agencies against them.

Most important, Nunes told me these reports were sent to the Obama White House among other executive branch agencies.

LINK

That looks like a lot of trouble for the former president AND the intelligence agencies that allowed it to happen.

We have unmasking (which may have been legal) and wide dissemination (not legal) to include the white house. That EO, 12333, is looking like the 19 missing minutes of the watergate tape.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: grammar

edit on 27-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The rules never mattered to Obama.

If you dared say anything against him you were a bigot.

He weaponized the IRS to win re-election.

Illeagal surveillance is the just tip of the iceberg.

Lock him up...

edit on 27-3-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A few key points from the article.

In an interview Monday, Nunes told me that he ended up meeting his source on the White House grounds because it was the most convenient secure location with a computer connected to the system that included the reports, which are only distributed within the executive branch. "We don't have networked access to these kinds of reports in Congress," Nunes said. He added that his source was not a White House staffer and was an intelligence official

Most important, Nunes told me these reports were sent to the Obama White House among other executive branch agencies. Nunes until now had only said the reports he viewed were widely distributed inside the government. "The reports included details about the Trump transition, meetings of Trump and senior advisers, they were distributed throughout the intelligence community and to the White House," Nunes said. "In some cases, there was additional unmasking of Trump transition team officials."

The good news is that we will soon get a second and third opinion. Nunes told me that he expects that his committee's members, including Democrats, will be able to read these documents themselves at secure locations outside of Congress as soon as this week.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If Trump's communications were intercepted as part of an ongoing investigation into Russian meddling in the election, then there's nothing illegal about that.

If people at Trump tower were talking to Russians during the campaign or during the transition, then intelligence agencies who were investigating these reports had every right to listen to and record those foreigners. If they were talking to Americans while this was happening then that data collection is incidental.

And completely legal.

The dissemination however, I'm not sure of the laws regarding that.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is good. Although I do think that anyone running for president should be investigated, I do not believe any of this information should have been leaked out or unmasked. The sitting president Obama should have been informed, but he also should not have skirted the truth when asked about it. He should have said he was aware Trump was being investigated. The way this information was handled by the FBI was criminal. The president passing that law that they can share information was also criminal in this case too, I see sharing information about possible terrorist activity may be necessary, but not this on the newly elected president. You can't tell me that when sharing, they aren't going to say who was being investigated to the people getting the information.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

looks like his pen wrote a check, his a@@ is going to have to pay for.
(doubtful but one can always hope)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Bloomberg, no less.
Nunes has the numbers from the documents so that he can request them from the Intelligence agencies that are responsible.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's the unmasking and wide distribution of classified material.

They literally wiped their collective a$$es with our Constitution.

Both sides of DC's swap need draining...

edit on 27-3-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, here we have it, Obama was getting info on the political oppsoition by using our intelligence agencies against them.

That's not what your source states. Getting updates on current investigations as a sitting president is not the same as using the intelligence agencies against political opponents.

One is normal and expected. The other would be illegal.

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

The literally wiped their collective a$$es with our Constitution.

It certainly wasn't going to improve under the GOP this go around.

But I agree none the less.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Exactly. The problem isn't the incidental collection, it's the unmasking and dissemination. We're all incidentally collected on at some point. Now it will move on to how legitimate the investigation was and what sparked it.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: whyamIhere

The literally wiped their collective a$$es with our Constitution.

It certainly wasn't going to improve under the GOP this go around.

But I agree none the less.

~Tenth

To let the perpetrators get away with no repercussions would be telling Trump to continue the practice... no?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So you'll be fine with trump getting updates on bernie 2020 (or whomever the dems run)?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Bloomberg, no less.
Nunes has the numbers from the documents so that he can request them from the Intelligence agencies that are responsible.

I actually like Bloomberg for news. It is usually way better than MSM. But once in a while you get a misguided opinion there too.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That's not what your source states. Getting updates on current investigations as a sitting president is not the same as using the intelligence agencies against political opponents.

The House Intelligence Committee was supposed to be briefed on these matters too.... but it was only quite recently that they were briefed.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Bloomberg, no less.

I actually like Bloomberg for news. It is usually way better than MSM. But once in a while you get a misguided opinion there too.

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

So you'll be fine with trump getting updates on bernie 2020 (or whomever the dems run)?

Sure, if the candidate in question or members of his team caught the eye of the Intelligence Community due to their communications with foreign individuals, that were being watched by the IC.

If Trump uses the IC to spy on the Democratic nominee just because he wants to know what they are doing, that would be illegal.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yep, they withheld the information from that committee because they claimed there was no DNI director IIRC. Which was false, clapper was the DNI director.

link   

Ahhh, but this wasn't communications with foreign individuals.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The House Intelligence Committee was supposed to be briefed on these matters too.... but it was only quite recently that they were briefed.

Ok.

What your point? Was their a law broken?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join