It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Cyclone Debbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well it's that time of year again. Tropical Cyclone Debbie is bearing down on the Northern East Coast of Australia, flinging spiders, snakes, jellyfish and drop bears all over the place.

She's changed to a Category 4 (out of 5) system and is expected to cross on to land near Bowen, Queensland at 11am Brisbane time.

Safe wishes to all in the contact zone, lets see what sort of mess we have to deal with in the morning.

Edit:
Recent Report
Some film footage down the page.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Unresponsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible
That's a pretty healthy storm. She still has a very good inflow working and at nearly 300 miles in diameter is darn big.

Screen shot I made on my Weather Underground App. It's strange watching the radar loop and seeing the circulation moving clockwise.
The last two I went through being Katrina and Gustov, I cringe when I see what's ahead for anyplace about to get plastered.

Add to the fact that this ole girl is passing over the Great Barrier Reef I cringe even more.

edit on 27-3-2017 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Yeah, it's the unpredictability that gets you. Never know if a storm could flare up to a category 5 or simmer down and turn into nothing at all.
But they're evacuated parts of my town due to the possible storm surges and rising seawater; will soon see if that was necessary or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Look out folks! Debbie Does Queensland!

Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

There was a wave measured at 8m high.
Off the coast of Bowen.
Storm surges and buckets of rain are of huge concern along with debris caught in winds gusting to 250kph.

Debbie does damage.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Timely because: Hang on to your hat ! 😎

top topics

join