It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana legalization in Canada

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Yeah it's so ridiculous. Market an opiate as a "safer" alternative to an opiate. How did THAT logic fly?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think that it is a good idea

You will get the criminals out of the pot trade

I'm all for legalization here in the US as well

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I hope the government gets this one right. The previous Conservative regime set up the current medical MJ system and it has a lot to be desired. If you are going to use medical MJ in Canada legally, here is the process:

- You obviously need to obtain a prescription. There are specialized clinics that do this (and make tons of money)
- You need to sign up with a licensed producer and that is the only place you can legally get your product from (they make ton's of money)
- Licensed producers are often out of products but you cannot go elsewhere (legally) ... If you want to change your licensed producer before your prescription is up, you can but it is quite the process and you are charged a fee (someone is making money)
- Some licensed producers are really just a front for recreational distribution (... come on Snoop Dog product at a hefty price ?!? ... what does Snoop dog really know about MS, epilepsy, fibromyalgia and the other conditions that medical MJ is used to treat ... again someone is making a lot of money)
- Even though it is medical it is subject to HST (our combined national / provincial sales tax) ...and again someone's making a ton of money.
- The government refuses to assign a DIN# to it (potentially saving you money as health insurance may then cover it)
- There is so much paper work and red tape but up that it is nearly impossible to grow your own (preventing LP's from losing money and you saving money)

... As you can see, the current system is basically a system where lots of money is being made. After HST is added in along with shipping, the price of MJ on the street is a lot cheaper than medical MJ.

Now in defense of the system there are a couple good things:

- You know exactly what you are getting and it is not laced with something nasty like Fentanyl or contain filler like parsley
- Health Canada tests the product regularly and gives is a CBD and THC percentage rating. I like the CBD product as it works wonders for my condition. If I had THC in my system during the day I would not be able to drive or work. When my CBD product shows up in the mail, I can be absolutely positive I can consume it, and not have the THC effects that I personally don't like and have normalcy throughout my day.

... anyway just my thoughts on how the current medical MJ system is working in Canada.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

The criminal element will only get out of the pot business is they cannot make money. Therefore the government will have to sell sell their product cheaper than the criminals if criminal pot distribution will cease to exist.

We have seen this in Canada with regards to cigarettes and how the government has taxed them. You can go to the local 7-11 and buy a 25 pack of premium cigarettes for around $15, or you can go to your nearby reserve where tax laws are a bit different and buy a bag off 200 (not so premium) cigarettes for around $20. The bag of smokes are only intended to be sold and consumed by status card holders, but the situation is so widespread, it is unstoppable.
edit on 28-3-2017 by FenderTwin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well, you know its seems to be a good idea to at least try legalization. See what effects it will have on society by legalizing it. Will that lower crime rate possibly?And if what you are saying is true that different kids of the drug effects individuals different ways that making it legal may improve how it used on individuals as studies are done.

If the effects of legalizing it are bad it can always be repealed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join