It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana legalization in Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I haven't smoked pot in 40 years, I couldn't. Working in the field with loaded weapons and terrorists all over the place and that was, well, problematic for getting a buzz on. Then when I worked for universities, research companies and the NRC with high energy magnetics, plasma and millions of volts, again, problematic. I didn't vote for the idiot, but I expected with all his promises, I was hoping at least, we would see some private growing legislation and proper decriminalization. I am not going to pay their retarded prices for something I can grow in my backyard. I would like to be able to grow a little and make my own oils, not to sell, but to use. We are all getting older and eventually the aches and pain start, disease rears it's ugly head and I would prefer to self manage as doctors have never been able to help me.

Trudeau however, like all politicians before him, is a lying sack of s##t. He must be getting kickbacks from big pharmacy, drug cartels, the Intel community or international bankers to push such a limp piece of legislation. Prohibition never turns into deregulation, it only results in more criminalization and/or regulation. Just look at alcohol, $5000 minimum to own a still payable to revenue Canada, WTF? That's not legalization, so the same will happen with pot, just no still.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Its to my understanding that the focus group that was "testing" the effects may also be linked to the disappearance of 221 Lb. gold coin.
Thank god it wasn't chocolate.

Buck

edit on 27-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

When I start seeing excise taxes specifically and legally earmarked for specific programs, than I may start to believe a new Canadian tax revenue source will do good, until then, it will be more of the same. Critical areas ignored, pork projects intensified.

Well let us wait and see what the legislation looks like next month. I agree that I don't put much stock into what they generally do, but Trudeau doesn't have much a choice. He had already stated he wanted to use the money for critical programs like addiction services and health care - and allow the provinces some leeway into where they use the provincial taxes collected.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

This is my fear as well and why I said we needed at the very minimum a 'wine' model of distribution.

If I can't fill a greenhouse for personal use, then that's still prohibition, the only difference is the Gov becomes the legalised mafia selling it.

Another reason why I want small business involvement before big pharma and big tobacco take the reigns and convert their factories over.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
But what about for recreational use? Are we going to see a sudden influx in harder drugs being sold on the streets?
Mary Jane is one of the most popular street drugs for dealers.
What are they going to do once it becomes fully legalized, and available is stores?
I have a feeling they will begin pushing hard drugs to make up for the loss of MJ.

I like to quote a friend of mine in saying "Marijuana does not lead to harder drugs. A lack of marijuana leads to harder drugs.

I would add that the criminalisation of pot creates...criminals. It leaves a lot of people on the other side of a societal line, and that can have a negative impact on their whole lives.

Finally, I find that the people I encounter who are anti-pot could generally stand to do a toke or two and relax.

edit on 27-3-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: ya can't trust somebody who mispells 'toke'.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If I were prime minister, I would take pot off the books altogether and use the "dandelion model" of management, keep your front yard clean, what you do in the back is your business. Then I would divorce from Britain and the Queen, Canexit lol, followed by putting the creation of currency back into the control of Treasury, rather than international banks, repeal most treaties, properly vett new immigrants and lower personal taxes by 50%.

Let's put together a party and git er all done ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I don't know much about Canada, but can the PM actually DO all the things you just said? I know the President couldn't do those things if we were talking about the States, so I'm guessing that the PM can't do them either.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That is precisely why you aren't the Prime Minister of Canada.

nuff said.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't know much about Canada, but can the PM actually DO all the things you just said?

Yup. His Liberal party has a majority, and I don't think the Senate wants to get in the way of that particular steamroller.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

No. Not legalizing marijuana. The things the poster said he would do if he was PM. "Canexit", restructuring the national currency, repealing most treaties, vet immigrants, and lower taxes. I'd think that many of those things would require legislative approval and something like Canexit would require a national vote or amendment.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't know much about Canada, but can the PM actually DO all the things you just said?

Yup. His Liberal party has a majority, and I don't think the Senate wants to get in the way of that particular steamroller.

After the expense scandal of 2015, there's no way the Senate is doing anything of note until 2019, when they are done licking their wounds.

Trudeau also gained a lot of favour by trying to put regular Canadians in the senate from all walks of life. For a young guy, he's very politically savvy at times.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, biggest problem is the pm answers to the Queen/city of London through the Governor general. Canada is not a country, it's still a colony. Otherwise, our head of state would reside within our borders. The pm can be fired (preferably from a cannon because of the clown he is) by the Governor general.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

That is precisely why you aren't the Prime Minister of Canada.

nuff said.

And what do you see wrong with what I proposed? The present political model isn't working, if it was, Canada wouldn't be such an economic and sociological mess.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/27.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thank you Canada , a member of the Commonwealth legalising in addition to certain States of the US taking the enlightened path must be good for having the debate in the UK over ending the war on the Green.

The tide is turning.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So if you wouldn't have the authority to do the things you said you'd do, then why say you'd do them?
edit on 27-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Some of the states do..California and Colorado, for sure, I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

ah yes, congratulations to YOU for Canada's well being. lol.... Canada is doing just fine, and has been for a very long time, without your knowlege. Wow eh?
edit on 27-3-2017 by Neith because: Canada

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Australia still has the Queen as head of state but don't try to tell them they're a colony.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I to think it's gonna end up as a government / corporate money maker.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am under the impression that all the 'gateway drug' allegations have been disproved regarding smoking the reefer.

Which one is advertised on television, radio, and the Internet?

Which one is glamorized on the TV using half-naked supermodels, celebrity sports stars, and Hollywood actors?

Which one is consistently advertised as "having a good time with your buds during the game?"

Which one has massive pictures and cut-outs when you arrive at a gas station?

The gateway drug is alcohol, and tobacco.

Another poster mentioned, keeping cannabis illegal actually helps the propoganda campaign of it being a "gateway drug." It's found through a black market, so there's a higher chance to come across other drugs only found on the black market.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join