It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana legalization in Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Absolutely. If you use the tax revenue in smart ways, the provinces can do a lot. Cut deficits, create new social programs, enhance already in place programs.

Think of the poor provinces like where I live in New Brusnwick. A hundred million dollars in tax revenue a year would go a long way.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Also, with the same argument of a developing mind and body, cigarettes and alcohol should also have the minimum purchase age increased to 21.

I do not agree with the current model the Libs have in mind for a minimum age of 18 to purchase MJ. I think that's a little too low.
However it is stated that each province gets to dictate what age they want to set, the minimum being 18 years old. So perhaps this will be recognized and taken into account.
With the exception being medicinal use of course. In which case, it should be left up to the decision of the parent or guardian of the minor.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

You said for the time being, does that mean your planning on leaving?
Just when things are starting to get good here? lol jk.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Absolutely. If you use the tax revenue in smart ways, the provinces can do a lot. Cut deficits, create new social programs, enhance already in place programs.

Think of the poor provinces like where I live in New Brusnwick. A hundred million dollars in tax revenue a year would go a long way.

~Tenth

I've always wanted to visit New Brunswick, i have family there, i just dont know them yet lol.

Is it nice there, do you like it?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yes i'm planning to travel to America to be with my love.

But Canada, will always be my second love.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'm from Toronto originally, I love NB. Raised a family here, work, here, owned a business here.

The people are great, the air is clean, the wilderness is wonderful. Even if you're a city gal or guy you can get you kicks in Moncton or Fredericton - both have everything anybody really needs.

I would highly suggest it

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

yeah I agree, alcohol and tobacco should have been 21 as well, it's one of the only things I agree with the US with, but I am happy they are allowing the provinces to decide.

The Fed need to lay out the blueprint and let everybody else fill in the blanks.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The people are great, the air is clean, the wilderness is wonderful. Even if you're a city gal or guy you can get you kicks in Moncton or Fredericton - both have everything anybody really needs.

My friend has a blueberry farm east of St. John, beautiful spot.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It must be so nice to get out of the City eh? I've heard a lot o great things about about NB. My best bud from highschool lives near there and really likes it.

Vancouver is busy here, i prefer the outskirts. But it's an amazing City to hang out in, I love it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Vancouver is my favourite place in Canada though.

So, jealous just a wee bit.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Personally and as a former cop, I say legalize it in every form (with regulation of course such as age restriction).

As for telling if someone is high and not able to operate a vehicle? Well, the standard sobriety testing still works just fine for weed as well as any other drug. Some officers with more advanced training (ARIDE & DRE) can perform field tests and even determine which drugs you are on (which typically is multiple).

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Lol, aren't you a wishful thinker. We are talking about how politicians will use, not sane people.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My fellow Canuckie. Nice! You can come stay with me anytime! And none of that bad American brew lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

We do a better job in Canada than most places.

Colorado is doing great.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Good job Canada.

I thought the US was going to beat you guys to the punch for a while there, but with our current administration, that clearly isn't going to be the case.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
nice

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

We do a better job in Canada than most places.

Colorado is doing great.

~Tenth

We do? Since when? Debt is still climbing. Lots of pork still ears deep in the trough.

We are currently the 12th most indebted country on the planet...we are far far away from doing better than "most places".

When I start seeing excise taxes specifically and legally earmarked for specific programs, than I may start to believe a new Canadian tax revenue source will do good, until then, it will be more of the same. Critical areas ignored, pork projects intensified.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
a reply to: Gothmog

Canadians are the least of your problems

You do recognize humor , yes ?
Guess not

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

You're the smartest ex cop i think i've met!

Awesome!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah just not south of the border, sorry.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join