It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to unveil office aimed at overhauling bureaucracy with business ideas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Phage

Also, true. They are smarter, exponentially. But I do not like this plan.

Not necessarily smarter. Opportunism was Bill's strength. He took the ideas of others and made them into...well you know the rest of the story.

And Trump is a reality TV star who slaps his name on other people's buildings.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

BLASPHEMER!

HERETIC!

(That's why the TRUMP brand has shown upon everything from pork belly to purses.)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

a reply to: WaldekBoleslaw

He mentioned this 'reorganization' before. I mentioned this before here. He will make it sound benevolent. It's not. It's plutocracy, an oligarchy.

Please elaborate on how this will result in an inevitable Oligarchy?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Revolution9

a reply to: Phage

Also, true. They are smarter, exponentially. But I do not like this plan.

Not necessarily smarter. Opportunism was Bill's strength. He took the ideas of others and made them into...well you know the rest of the story.

And Trump is a reality TV star who slaps his name on other people's buildings.

Game over. #bows#
Your response lacks only "mic drop"at the end

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Trump to unveil office aimed at overhauling bureaucracy with business ideas

I wonder if this is what they have in mind?

www.rawstory.com...

Jared will be perfect!!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

the systems are hopelessly outdated and need an updat.
The cons will be that somehow it will be turned into another potential law enforcement tool that could be abused.

Yes. Updates needed, but what we witness in current times can very well lead to authoritarian govt.

One thing we have to keep in mind, is that the last 20 years has seen an ideological movement take hold and take over the Republican Party. This ideological movement wants the fed govt (and also state govts) to have limited functions: military, police, courts, trade. That's all, no departments of this or that, for ex.

When this movement says "less taxes" or "tax reform", what they are really saying is that they want to do away with govt (save those limited functions) by defunding govt till it is "made so small it drowns in a bath tub". They have no intent to make govt run efficiently.

However, there are still some left in the Rep Party who, instead of making govt small, also wish to privatize but make govt a "pass through" agency to hand out govt contracts and money, rather than totally do away with functions. This group also would do away with any govt oversight over those receiving money. Unfettered "free market", unfettered capitalism. This last group would allow, for ex, tax dollars to help build infrastructure, which is then privatized without any govt oversight ("interference").

Bottom line, the New Republican Party has no interest in govt beyond military, police, courts, trade.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

I am concerned about that as well, but I see it as a separate issue. If we allow our concern over establishment politics becoming too authoritarian to overrule our desire to improve society, we will never have any greater technology than we have today.

Incidentally, it appears to me that most of Trump's issues have been due to that desire by some in politics (both parties) to increase government control, as opposed to allowing more innovation and freedom.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We will see if this is good or not. The story brings one quote to my mind though:

“The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.”

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not to mention, that even a small-time employer would fire every member of Congress for lack of production.

A CEO would scrap the whole division.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Every outside help (Gates) is welcomed now. No way it can get any worse than this ?

edit on 27-3-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Nothing at all matters until lobby power is greatly diminished and the justice system works as efficiently for a small guy as it does a big guy.

Until then the free market ideas are a joke.
Zero chance of controlling corruption/beauracracy growing faster than can be cut.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Nothing at all matters until lobby power is greatly diminished and the justice system works as efficiently for a small guy as it does a big guy.

Until then the free market ideas are a joke.
Zero chance of controlling corruption/beauracracy growing faster than can be cut.

I wouldn't hold my breath

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I thought Trump already put Jared in charge of negotiating peace in the Middle East. source
Did he already accomplish that small task and I missed the headline?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think his branding is second only to Gene Simmons of KISS....

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I'll take this over Obama in a bike helmet any day....

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

dunno....i think i could make a massive dent in it myself. And im just a dispstick in west texas.

like anyone who's an outsider, i'd have zero chance of getting any support. Which is what mostly pisses me off about the Trump deal. Its not a lack of support for a plan he has insomuch as lack of support of him, as a duly elected president. Its always been this way, and it has to stop.

If only politicians can do that job, then something needs to chance. Its not how its supposed to be. As it pertains to curtailing cost....the biggest fight is in cutting pork from the state senator's riders. Yeah, good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Not to mention, that even a small-time employer would fire every member of Congress for lack of production.

A CEO would scrap the whole division.

OK...nevermind. You and I are in agreement now.

"Raise the debt ceiling". LOL, in my world you have to take out a loan, and the amount of effort to do that makes it almost impossible to do without some practice. But we don't simply "raise the debt ceiling". We cut cost and make the budget work, hell or high water.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Zero disagreement that the bureaucracy needs to be reformulated, streamlined, cutback, focused, rennovated and revived.

Zero confidence that someone with for-profit experience is going to that.

Sometimes businesses can't even help each other.... as when Apple hired Pepsi exec John Sculley to run it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Zero disagreement that the bureaucracy needs to be reformulated, streamlined, cutback, focused, rennovated and revived.

Zero confidence that someone with for-profit experience is going to that.

Sometimes businesses can't even help each other.... as when Apple hired Pepsi exec John Sculley to run it.

Indeed.

Also, even the largest and most diverse businesses still have a "product" that they "sell."

The same is not true of nations, states and governments.

Perhaps Trump is going to hire out the US Military as mercenaries?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No company in the world can or would utilize endless credit.

There should have been a balanced budget amendment in the 70s; we could have avoided a lot of this current "mess."

Also, we should have an amendment establishing the public powers of national initiative, referendum, repeal and recall.

... but I digress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join