It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police cite sixth-grade girl for trespassing after taking shortcuts to bus stop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Was the girl vandalizing property? No. Was the girl tearing up flower beds or spray painting on the sides of houses? No. The only crime this girl commited was taking a short cut through some property to get to her bus stop.

WEST HARWICH, Mass. (AP) — Police in Massachusetts served a sixth-grader with no-trespass orders after neighbors grew wary of the girl cutting through their properties to get to and from her school bus stop.

Maybe it's a case of the police just being forced to do their job. Maybe it's a case of the neighbors being completely off their rocker. Who knows. But is the world really coming down to be a place where a child can't cut through a yard to go to school? I mean seriously? Even worse, is it now a place where police have to actually cite a child for doing the exact same thing likely most of us did as a child?

What the hell is wrong with the world today

This event was nothing more than a demosntration of state CONTROL and POWER over ordinary citzens like you and me.

The controllers are simply starting to become visible through the mist.

Everything is in place Recollections by Lawrence Dunegan, MD, of a speech he heard by Dr Richard Day.

In 1969 Lawrence Dunegan, MD, attended a speech given by Dr Richard Day MD, Harvard Med School ’31 in which Dr Day spills the beans on the cabal’s intricate plans for control of the people.

Should you not wish to read all Lawrence Dunegan, MD, recollections, I recommend you at least gaze at these shocking items: 30. diseases, 40. churches, 58. planned collapse of buildings and bridges, 66. irritants, 77. new roles for females, 80. more violence in entertainment, 84. music to carry messages to young, 88. control of food supply, 89. weather control, 91. politics, 97. terrorism, 101. debt, 104. implants, 109, people to just disappear!

These recollections may exist in other parts of the internet however they appear in the book “Truth in Journalism.” By Dee Mclaughlin and Mary W Maxwell of Gumshoe News.

gumshoenews.com...

edit on 27-3-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

And if it transpires 2 years down the track that one of the neighbours had a dungeon with 10 dead bodies then I guess this girl should be grateful that she was stopped from taking shortcuts

www.google.com.au...

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, roughly 800,000 children are reported missing each year in the United States -- that's roughly 2,000 per day. Of those, there are 115 child "stranger abduction" cases each year, which means the child was taken by an unknown person.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Sounds like good thinking on the police's part. What if she were to take a stroll through a child molesters property?

sarc/ Come on don't let common sense get in the way of a good thread/

4 flags and all people can say is how "unneighbourly"

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

And if it transpires 2 years down the track that one of the neighbours had a dungeon with 10 dead bodies then I guess this girl should be grateful that she was stopped from taking shortcuts

So, it was out of concern for the safety of the child. Right?
Apparently, the complainant did not speak to the parents of the child. What a deep expression of concern.

Curmudgeon, not concerned.

BTW, do you know what the percentage is, of the statistics you quoted?
edit on 3/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

This is one thing I love about Scotland, we have a right to roam...

The Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 (which came into force in 2005) gives everyone rights of access over land and inland water throughout Scotland, subject to specific exclusions set out in the Act and as long as they behave responsibly. These rights are sometimes referred to as 'freedom to roam'.

I can't even begin to imagine walking along, seeing a disused path leading to a ruin and not being allowed to walk over and see what it is.

originally posted by: Phage
For me it was, "Hey, kid! Stay out of my yard!"
Not that I paid much attention.

And now it's "Hey, Jehova's Witnesses! Stay out of my yard!" how times have changed

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

And now it's "Hey, Jehova's Witnesses! Stay out of my yard!" how times have

I have a fence and gate. Keeps idiot kids out, but not idiot evangelists.

Thing is, on the bayside of my lot (no fence, no gate), lots of people pass through and do not come knocking.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

a reply to: djz3ro

Thing is, on the bayside of my lot (no fence, no gate), lots of people pass through and do not come knocking.

And do those folks who mean you and your property no harm cause you so much distress you must have a kid cited for trespassing?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

No.
Sometimes someone will set up a lawn chair and fishing pole. That's annoying.
My usual approach then is that my lawn needs mowing. They tend to leave at that point. But I don't press it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

No.
Sometimes someone will set up a lawn chair and fishing pole. That's annoying.
My usual approach then is that my lawn needs mowing. They tend to leave at that point.

On that point, I concede and would have issues. That said, trespassing to fish and trespassing to get to a bus stop... not really on the same plane of annoyances...

If i offered to mow your lawn in exchange for passage and summer fishing... would you go for that?
edit on 3/27/2017 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

People, kids, passing through, no big thing.

If i offered to mow your lawn in exchange for passage and summer fishing... would you go for that?
Sure. For that you can pitch a tent...for a while.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Then you sir are a reasonable neighbor...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I try to be.
It can be trying at times.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I know right?

Like... I'm trying right now?!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I don't understand why that type of concession is lost on the world. This is nothing out of the ordinary for older folk, or shouldn't be. Help out with some chores or help clean up the yard debris the complainant was worried about, or not use the shortcut.

It is honestly something I did as a kid. I helped pick green beans so me and my friends could move through the gardens to a local playground. Yes it's purely recreational motivated.

But if the motivation is purely to get to a bus stop, I'd offer the kids a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day while they waited...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Clearly you have ulterior motives. [/cynic]

I grew up not far from where I'm fortunate to now live. In, on, and around the water.
When I see kids running across my yard to play in the water...it feels like home. I seldom interact with them directly but sometimes can talk about the right bait to use. Things like that.

I see no point in alienating children.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Insignificant probability no doubt, until there is a knock on the door from Police with tragic news.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sure. Because fear is good.
Children should be taught to live in fear.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

a reply to: ignorant_ape
So did I. As I recall.

Kids (and some entire cultures) don't really get the idea of private property.

Ulterior motives? So which is it? Do you feel at home when kids trespass or are you at home when children know the boundaries of private property?

My whole point is the police and property owners are out of their minds for doing what they did to a kid trying to get to school....

What is your point?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

It was meant as a cynical joke.

Stupid internet.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Children should be taught to live in fear.

Yes and up to a point they should overcome their fears .

And i would so pitch a tent on your front lawn .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join