It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic Worship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharparrow

Question all you want but my heart is right and correct before the Lord in my correction and admonition of you in the Lord. Not to correct you would be the unloving thing to do. Not to correct you would put your sin upon me. I have done my part you either accept it as the truth it is or reject it. In the later case, you are in your own transgression and sin (you are no longer ignorant of your transgression and your sin because I have showed you by scriptures the error of your ways), and I am free from any responsibility henceforth.

The whole laughing in the so called spirit is it and you have said it with your own mouth. Let's see your Bible verse that supports such practice in the church.

edit on 6-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Hi Chester

I am not going to waste my time. You are my brother in Christ, regardless of our differing views regarding the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues. I will see you in heaven and all this knit picking will be obsolete.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharparrow

It is not a differing of views it is God"s own words on the subject and you and those who taught you this are ignoring His word and making yourselves God in his stead by ripping out of context the word of God and making yourselves doctrine of men.

It is not nit picking it is being Holy and separate from profane and useless things that men have created to control you for a tithe and filthy lucre.

You may be saved but your active participation has and will grieve and quench the Holy Ghost and sooner than later you will be led astray (if not already) and become useless for the cause of God and useful only to men who want to control and manipulate you and others with emotions, feelings and experiences not necessarily of God for the purpose of personal gain. I have found that contentment with the literal word of God

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6 ¶ But godliness with contentment is great gain.
All I can do is admonish you to check your teaching and teachers and compare them to God's word. where it is incorrectly applied you need to separate yourself from them.

edit on 7-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sharparrow
a reply to: namelesss

Greetings Nameless

The Holy Spirit is a person, He is not a power like "the force be with you" from the Star Wars movies.

I just noticed that your handle is not "Sharpsparrow"! hahaha
Now, back to your friend.
This 'person' IS your friend, right?
There is a definition of 'person' already in place that already refutes what you are proposing, but long experience has taught me that definitions grow and change with experience.
Okay, fine.
Would you feel comfortable bringing this 'person' to tea?
Will it have to be an 'imaginary' tea party?
With imaginary 'friends'?
Since everything exists, your 'friend' exists, if nowhere else but in your thoughts and book.
Willing to accept the existence.

The Holy Spirit is part of the trinity of the Christian faith, Father, son and Holy Spirit and He gives spiritual gifts to those who are believers .

Well, now there is a problem with the whole trinity doctrine.
It was added much later, and is not authentic to the NT.
It is fraudulent, and not scriptural.
God is One!
Don't be an idolator!

When Christians talk about being in the spirit, they are referring to their relationship with the Holy Spirit.

So, if this whole 'Holy Spirit' thing is just to accord with the false Trinity doctrine, then that puts your 'spirit' directly in the imaginary/fallacious realm.
God is One!
And IF the Spirit is your 'friend', and you are "in him", well, you do the math... *__-

We are called to walk with the Holy Spirit in a relationship. He is known as our wise Councillor, friend, advocate,

Yeah, blah, blah...
If you want to equate the Christ/unconditional Love/Enlightenment with your 'Holy Spirit', then fine, but literal reading of this stuff leaves one clueless.
You already have yourself three gods.
Where to go from there? 16?
But if you 'walk in' (ARE) unconditional Love, then Jesus would recognize you as a follower!
("As I Am, so can you be!")
A smorgy of comic book beliefs will get the vain social ego-bound self-described Xtian, nowhere!
There is no quiz administered at the gate regarding vain beliefs (and all 'beliefs' are vanity!), being unconditional Love/Enlightened IS Heaven/Nirvana! Here! Now!
("Heaven is at hand!")

top topics

<< 1   >>

join