It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sunrise, sunset

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Both days had clouds. It was arguably cloudier on the lighter day. At my latitude the sun was scheduled to set at 7:25 PM. It seemed to have set around 7:40 yesterday although I couldn't see it through the clouds.

I am going to pull my car cam video and see if maybe its just my mind playing tricks on me.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
all seems normal here in the UK, accounting for the clocks going forwards which gives a sudden extra hour before sunset as of saturday

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms
all seems normal here in the UK, accounting for the clocks going forwards which gives a sudden extra hour before sunset as of saturday

Wait -- did the clocks change to "British Summer Time" (BST) in the UK between the two days the OP mentioned?

Excuse my ignorance for not knowing when they change the clocks in the UK (most of the U.S. switched to "Daylight Savings Time" two weeks ago)...

...but if the clocks were changed to BST between the "yesterday" the OP mentioned and the "today" than he mentioned, then that would be the likely explanation for the OP noticing it being much brighter near 8:00 pm on the second day than it was at 7:30 pm on the day before.

edit on 27/3/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

THese are my times for today. I will check vigorously and so on.

Twi A: 5:25am
Twi: 6:28am
Sunrise: 6:55am
Solar noon: 1:08pm
Sunset: 7:20pm
Twi: 7:47pm
Twi A: 8:50pm
Day length: 12h 25m

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
double post
edit on 27-3-2017 by Fools because: double

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Note that the times are in regard to the horizon, with no regard to local terrain (hills).

edit on 3/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

switched 1am on Sunday

Theory: younger people surrounded by clocks that adjust themselves (phone, computer, TV, tablet etc etc) are much less likely to notice or even be aware that clocks are changing than those who remember having to change them all manually or you would be late for work. This sudden time change could go unnoticed, and produce thinly veiled flat earth / nibiru / whatever threads

edit on 27-3-2017 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

THese are my times for today. I will check vigorously and so on.

Twi A: 5:25am
Twi: 6:28am
Sunrise: 6:55am
Solar noon: 1:08pm
Sunset: 7:20pm
Twi: 7:47pm
Twi A: 8:50pm
Day length: 12h 25m

So to be clear, you are NOT in the UK, and the difference is NOT due to the changing of the clocks to "British Summer Time" (BST) from standard UK time (GMT) that occurred on March 26 ("spring ahead") ....

Correct?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

perfect hour shift + couple mins (as normal) seems like a time change to me!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

correct.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
3 minutes to sunset. Today it is cloudy/overcast. It is dusk-ish. I will record on my phone around 730. So you can see how dark it is. So, today seems "normal".
edit on 27-3-2017 by Fools because: time

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Nothing different today. Dark when it should be dark. I need to retrieve my car cam I guess.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I took some time and looked around at some webcams. They seem much "lighter" than mine - even today. So that wasn't a good thing.

I am thinking that it must have been much less cloudy than I thought. That has to be the explanation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join