It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

Sorry, no flaw, no fallacy. It's an unfair advantage. That does not mean you will automatically win.

Easy fallacy with your logic: steroid users do not always beat clean fighters, therefore it is not an unfair advantage.

Sorry, it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So because something that gives you an advantage doesn't always let you win, then it should just be allowed?

Let's look at it this way: A male to female has had the natural advantage of testosterone no woman can have without resorting to illegal steroids.

So just because you can "legally" say you have that advantage because you came by it naturally rather than illegally injecting it and it doesn't always mean you will win, we should just ignore that? What do we tell the next woman punished for injecting the same substance you naturally juiced with?

No cognitive dissonance there at all?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Far too many "coulds," "mays," and "Speculates" in that article. They are spitballing, desperate to come up with some rationale to support the purely political decision to remove gender identity disorder from the list of mental illnesses. The choice for removal was made well before any scientific tests had yielded fruit... why if not for political reasoning?

ETA: the metric that has always been applied in these issues involves some manner of ability to chemically or medically test for the presence of a physical disease. Mental disorders are mental disorders largely because there is no metric by which to test for them: they can only be measured based on interviews with the sufferer and observation of their behavior, emotional state, and nuanced habits. This is, for what it is worth, why I think the antiosychotic medicine industry is full of crap and only exists to fleece money from people, they are throwing a chemical treatment at a disease which cannot be chemically diagnosed...

I'd be interested in seeing a study that tested homosexual brains against male to female untreated trans people brains and the control group. I say that honestly, I'd be very interested in how those parts of the brain compare.
edit on 28-3-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

"Mental Illness" is easily it's own verifiable racket.

It's used repeatedly by the most uneducated people on earth.

There isn't a more controversial 'interpretation' in science.

The main issue with "Mental Illness" is you're willing to attribute this label without constituting why. If I had odd areas of white matter in my brain this is one thing, if you're going to say someone who you generally more philosophically disagree with than scientifically they have a mental illness, then my only response is you have a mental illness. See how that flawed mindset starts to work from the start?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I disagree, you're mismeasuring the advantage, so it's obvious. You think x is the same in every case, (In this one apparently someone similar physique as the Rock) to make your case valid. X is a variable. In that context, you're only variably correct some of the time, but your disregard for the other case makes you invalid enough to reject.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Ahhh no. It's an advantage. Even if you lose, you had an advantage. If you can't understand that it's hard to discuss this much further.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Freija

Being born a man gives you an advantage. It does not automatically make you athletic. So the argument being a mtf doesn't make you automatically amazing so all mtf should compete with females is fallacious. It's an unfair advantage.

You know, it is really hard for me to give any weight to your comments because I know that I have never had any sort of physical advantage over other girls/women of my own height and build. When it comes to athletic women that are of my own height and build, there's no comparison whatsoever. I would have been beaten in any kind of sport even when I was at my peak fitness.

In fact, my testosterone levels are lower than most natal females that don't have some sort of a medical problem. My doctor has even suggested I supplement to get at least within the normal female range.

Besides, babies are not born men and no one, including myself has said that all MTF trans people should automatically be granted a pass to compete with natal females.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So because something that gives you an advantage doesn't always let you win, then it should just be allowed?

Are you asking this question rhetorically, like you just assume I believe that? Or do you want to hash into what qualifies as an advantage?

I asked this before, because you're all chicken to address it, should we make Black Sports because they dominate white men and that is unfair? Or is their advantages specific and circumstantial to the sports themselves? Is a Wizard and a Warrior in a MMO pointless to take together if the Wizard is 5% better than the warrior? Normally diversity helps accomplish the various goals of the sport.

link   

originally posted by: MacK80

"Mental Illness" is easily it's own verifiable racket.

It's used repeatedly by the most uneducated people on earth.

Awesome, I have degrees in social work and psychology and work in a psychiatric hospital.

If you want to argue with me that mental illness can not have a physical cause you will lose. Bad.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: kaylaluv

Far too many "coulds," "mays," and "Speculates" in that article. They are spitballing, desperate to come up with some rationale to support the purely political decision to remove gender identity disorder from the list of mental illnesses. The choice for removal was made well before any scientific tests had yielded fruit... why if not for political reasoning?

Because a person with gender dysphoria has no typical symptoms of a mental illness, other than maybe anxiety or depression that can be explained by the dysphoria, and usually goes away on its own once the dysphoria is dealt with physically.

Science is always learning new things. We used to think the world was flat, now we know better.

I know you want really badly for trans people to just be crazy freaks that you can push aside, but science really is telling us otherwise. Sowwy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Do black people or white people have superior genetic athletic ability? I forget, but I know it's not equal and separation is needed then.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

I asked this before, because you're all chicken to address it, should we make Black Sports because they dominate white men and that is unfair?

Were they born that way, or did they intentionally change themselves to be that way?

The logical fallacies keep a rollin'.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Genetic ability is not delivered at the tip of a needle. A woman transitioning to a man with hormone therapy is no longer 'genetically better' .. they are artificially better.

ETA: Someday if we are able to create genetically superior men, who are faster and stronger and naturally athletically gifted beyond what is natural .. that is a similar problem. And no, they should not be competing against 'natural' men.
edit on 28-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Freija

Being born a man gives you an advantage. It does not automatically make you athletic. So the argument being a mtf doesn't make you automatically amazing so all mtf should compete with females is fallacious. It's an unfair advantage.

A ftm taking male hormones has an advantage. Texas should rewrite their rules. It would be similar to females taking PEDs, they are banned for a reason.

No one should ever compete with an unfair advantage that is of their own doing.

well the law goes by your sexual organs,and if its a trans who now has a vagina too damn bad. the law trumps your feelings. And just in case Pschologist have also made clear gender dysphoria or transgenders are not mentally handicapped and or crazy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Because a person with gender dysphoria has no typical symptoms of a mental illness, other than maybe anxiety or depression that can be explained by the dysphoria, and usually goes away on its own once the dysphoria is dealt with physically.

"When I look in the mirror, I expect to see someone totally different looking back at me" is a typical symptom of mental illness. In fact, it is the driving force behind Anorexia and most of the other body dysphoria disorders, all of which are still classified as mental disorders by psychologists.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Let's look at it this way: A male to female has had the natural advantage of testosterone no woman can have without resorting to illegal steroids.

Not if they started hormone therapy before going through puberty, and not if, as in Freija's case, they never had high amounts of testosterone in their body.

link   
Your disgraceful industry doesn't even merit a response from someone like me, sent to a mental hospital because my conservative parents think gay is a disease because of your regressive narrative.

I now have 7 police business cards, a lawyer, several cry wolf laws implemented from your factions madness, my story is one idiot away from a hate crime lawsuit. The last psych doctor I saw, the one that admitted me, was fired and lost their licence for using similar logic to yours here, so good luck with the world changing faster than someone with no actual scientific understanding can understand.

edit on 3/28/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I have no feelings on the subject. Good try, try again.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So basically you have no response. Awesome. I like how you avoided my post and refused to answer. Smart of you. As you could not actually answer without looking a fool.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So your argument is that the advantage only matters if it's self administered?

Can a trans that is 'forced by the liberi-tard' parents to transition at 6 years old, 6, we're talking this thing will never resemble a male ever, can they play sports? or no? because facts?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join