It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trey Gowdy WE FOUND IT ! WIRETAPPING James Comey NO EXPLANATION !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It seems that lately there is a massive form of group amnesia coming from the Obama and Hillary fans, as well as shills who work for the DNC. Or as it has been referred a lot lately by many, there is some massive "cognitive dissonance" coming from the anti-Trump crowd, when they keep trying to claim "there is no evidence for President Trump claiming he was wiretapped, and much less by the Obama administration...

To remind those who are plagued by this massive "cognitive dissonance", or group amnesia, here is a video trying to remind people that left-wing media sources started these claims which now the anti-Trump crowd and the same left-wing media proclaim "there is no evidence for the statements made by President Trump.

At about 3 minutes into the video, Congressman Trey Gowdy states the following facts.

"In January 2017 the Washington Post reported: "According to a senior U.S. government official, a named U.S. citizen, and I would not use the name. A named U.S. citizen phoned the Russian ambassador several times on December the 29th. On February of this year the Washington Post reported nine....nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls, spoke on a condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters, and that officials began pouring over intelligence reports, intercepted communications and diplomatic papers."

"In February of this year the New York Times reported, a U.S. citizen, whose name I would not use, discusses sanctions with a Russian ambassador in a phone call. According to officials who have seen a transcript of the wire..tapped conversation. And again in February of this year the New York Times reported on a phone call involving a U.S. citizen. Including significant discussions, of phone records, intercepted calls, intercepted communications and reported the NSA captured calls, and then asked the FBI to collect as much information as possible."

Then as Congressman Gowdy states his time is up he states and asks the following of that weasel of a liar of Comey: "I thought it was against the law to disseminate classified information... Is it?"

The MSN, or as we know them the Obama/DNC media published article, after article claiming that senior sources within the U.S. government claim they have evidence of wiretaps, and intercepted communications between Trump's associates and a Russian ambassador. It wasn't exactly worded like I just did, but that's the main gist of the claims.

Now, we get the anti-Trump and DNC shills claiming "there is no evidence for the statements made by Trump"...

edit on 26-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As interesting as this topic is, you placed it in the Mud pitt. Which makes the topic and discussion nothing more then monkeys from the left and right slinging poo at each other.

have fun with that.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Gowdy gets his information from the MSM?

"I thought it was against the law to disseminate classified information... Is it?"
It would depend, as Gowdy no doubt knows, depends on what "disseminate" means. But it is definitely illegal to provide classified information to those who do not have the appropriate clearances.

Yes, we know the leaking of Flynn's conversation with the Russian ambassador was a crime. It doesn't not change the fact that the conversation occurred and that Flynn lied about it. Hopefully it will be discovered who did the crime of leaking the information to the press. Perhaps is was someone in the Trump administration who thought that lying to the VP was not a good thing to do. Who knows?

edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Trump claimed that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower. That implies a lot more than what is stated, for one, that Obama ordered the wiretap and for another that he wiretapped Trump Tower. There is also a heavy implication that Obama did the wiretapping to help Hillary Clinton's campaign, and even that it was illegal, or even unethical, wiretapping.

First of all, Comey has stated that there is no evidence supporting the claim that Obama wiretapped Trump Tower. This is probably true. Second of all, so far, the phone calls that were intercepted are of Trump personnel (such as Flynn) having conversations with foreign agents - and those foreign agents were the ones who were being spied on, not Trump and his associates.

However, these legally recorded conversations seem to have gotten the FBI interested in investigating Team Trump's Russian connections. They might have gathered intel from these conversations and then proceeded to go from there - however, this would not be Obama ordering the FBI to do surveillance on Trump, this would be a legitimate criminal investigation. Even so, there is no evidence at all that anything other than Team Trump's conversations with foreign officials were monitored.

What Trump is trying to do with his tweet is this: He is trying to make any surveillance of his activities over the past year be categorized as Obama spying on him to help Hillary win the election. He might have even been tweeting that there was a wiretap on Trump tower to see what the response to the tweet would be - he has now, for example, found out that there WAS NO WIRETAP ON TRUMP TOWER.

How useful is that information for a criminal? Think about it.

If Trump colluded with Russia, he would want to know how much of what he had done had been recorded. He would also want to make it look like Obama ordered the spying on him, and that it was illegal spying, or even unethical.

However - there is no evidence that illegal spying took place. In addition, any spying that took place seems to have been for ethical reasons.
edit on 26pmSun, 26 Mar 2017 20:00:57 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 26pmSun, 26 Mar 2017 20:03:03 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So in other words what you are saying is that these reports from left-wing sources who claimed got information from senior U.S. government officials, including former U.S. government officials and intelligence agencies are all false?...

BTW Phage, try, just TRY to stay on topic. Or did your "cognitive dissonance" already made you forget that the thread is about whether or not President Trump's statements about being "wiretapped" are true or not?...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So in other words what you are saying is that these reports from left-wing sources who claimed got information from senior U.S. government officials, including former U.S. government officials and intelligence agencies is all false?...
Where did I say that?

Or did your "cognitive dissonance" already made you forget that the thread is about whether or not President Trump's statements about being "wiretapped" are true or not?...
Didn't Nunes say that they weren't? You don't believe him?

Was Flynn at Trump Tower when his conversation was intercepted? Was it that phone which was tapped, or was it the phone of the Russian ambassador?

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

TREY GOWDY for Speaker of the House!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If I were you, I dunno if I'd be questioning the accuracy other people's memories when it seems to me that you're having trouble with your own.

Here are the tweets:

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

Did President Obama direct the tapping of Donald Trump's phones at this residence or office in Trump Tower?

No?

Did President Obama direct interception of Donald Trump's communications made at his residence or office in Trump Tower?

No?

Did President Obama direct interception of any of Donald Trump's communications?

No?

Did anyone direct interception of any of Donald Trump's communications?

No?

How many iterations does a forcefully ignorant Trump cultist require before abandoning the lie?

AH! That's a trick question! You'll never abandon the lie because you're a true believer. No matter how fellow Trumpkins join you in your mutual delusion, no objective, sane person would ever construe Trump's tweets to mean that he was referring to one of his pro-Putin pals getting caught up in surveillance of Kislyak.

A conversation between Kislyak and Flynn recorded as part of routine surveillance of Kislyak is not Obama ordering the tapping of Donald Trump's phones. Period.

He lied. Acknowledge it and move on. You don't have to try to litigate his lies into reality.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Where did I say that?

You did make a comment and I quote:

That comment of yours would seem to imply those MSM articles must be false, otherwise why imply that those sources are not reliable?

Didn't Nunes say that they weren't? You don't believe him?

Nuñes claiims that what he viewed "could have been incidental communications of Trump which had nothing to do with Russia.

Was Flynn at Trump Tower when his conversation was intercepted? Was it that phone which was tapped, or was it the phone of the Russian ambassador?

What we know is that after all the claims by the Lying main stream media that there was no evidence for Trump being wiretapped, we have now been told... "ok... we might have...incidentally intercepted communications of Trump..."

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Lol you should probably stick to the "other" sciences...political science doesn't suit you.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You did make a comment and I quote:
Actually, that would be what is called a question. I will ask it again if you wish. Do you?

"ok... we might have...incidentally intercepted communications of Trump..."
Who said that? Isn't it Nunes who said it? In his big announcement?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Lol you should probably stick to the "other" sciences...political science doesn't suit you.

Lol.

No.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Did President Obama direct the tapping of Donald Trump's phones at this residence or office in Trump Tower?

No?

Did President Obama direct interception of Donald Trump's communications made at his residence or office in Trump Tower?

No?

Did President Obama direct interception of any of Donald Trump's communications?

No?

Did anyone direct interception of any of Donald Trump's communications?

No?

How many iterations does a forcefully ignorant Trump cultist require before abandoning the lie?

And you know that ex-President Obama did not approve of this how exactly?... Are you one of those "former senior government officials" who would know?

Oh, and btw shillio, to make it clear... Are you claiming that when senior government officials of the Obama administration submitted several FISA warrants of Trump's associates they would not inform the President of the United States when it involves a Presidential candidate's associates, when by association would involve the Presidential candidate?...

Are you shillio claiming that the Obama administration, and ex-President Obama were that stupid as to not discuss the possible repercursions when it involved a Presidential candidate?

edit on 26-3-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

"I thought it was against the law to disseminate classified information... Is it?"
It would depend, as Gowdy no doubt knows, depends on what "disseminate" means.

Are you being serious? Despite knowing that Comey believes it's okay to be "extremely careless" with classified data -- there is no legal definition for disseminate as far as im aware. I think we can safely assume the definition we all know, but if it's that important to you then go with "promulgate" which is in my Blacks Law dictionary instead.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Comey keeps saying it is an ongoing investigation and he can't tell much because the investigation is ongoing. He is hiding behind a technicality.

So, Congress can close the investigation, then if Comey does not tell this committee the whole story they can throw him and others in prison for ten years. He seems to think that he is not able to be touched. There is always a way.

Since Comey is covering up these leaks of classified information, it is easy to assume he is partially responsible. I actually think Obama's passing the law that these agencies can share information is also in play, meaning Obama played a part in this. These people who think they are protected are not that smart most times, they use their confidence to intimidate others.

It is evident that the Trump campaign was being investigated, the Clinton campaign was also investigated but because of accusations as to her past ignorance of rules.. But the release of information is what is important and the fact that they were not doing the same thing to Clinton is what makes this bad.

I do not have a problem with these agencies checking out the presidential candidates but I do have an issue with them leaking information out without any evidence of wrongdoing. It appears from Comey's other statements there appeared not to be any link between trump and his team with the Russians. Except of course with Flynn. Even with Flynn, no wrongdoing was found from what I understand, his problem was he did not tell the VP he had talked to the Russian. He got fired for lying.

If this does not get resolved, I feel that congress should repeal the law that the FBI and other agencies can do surveillance on citizens. They are not safeguarding this information correctly, they are not responsible enough to keep things masked.

It is a shame, it is a good program to monitor terrorism, but it is being abused and misused.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Actually, that would be what is called a question. I will ask it again if you wish. Do you?

Since the MSM, and your own accusations come from those same MSM sources it is only rational to include the mentioning of those sources when discussing this topic, whether or not I think those sources are reliable. Is it not a logical conclusion Phage?

Who said that? Isn't it Nunes who said it? In his big announcement?

What Nuñes stated is that "there could have been incidental collected communications of Trump intercepted which had nothing to do with Russia." Which begs to question, why were communications which had nothing to do with Russia being intercepted?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
According to unnamed sources.

How convenient.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

And you know that ex-President Obama did not approve of this how exactly?... Are you one of those "former senior government officials" who would know?

Do you know that he did? Was there some information that came out that he did? Is there a single source saying that anywhere?

Oh, and btw shillio, to make it clear... Are you claiming that when senior government officials of the Obama administration submitted several FISA warrants of Trump's associates they would not inform the President of the United States when it involves a Presidential candidate?...

Shillio? Lmao.

Hey dummy, while you were busy trying to insult me, you inadvertently exposed just how forcefully ignorant you are. Here you go blathering about the cognitive dissonance of other people while trying to argue that FISA warrants "of Trump's associates" are evidence of wiretapping of Donald Trump's phones.

Do you not see how irrational your thinking is?

When you typed the words "of Trump's associates," how were you not immediately struck by the fact that Trump's associates does not equal Donald Trump and that therefore, Donald Trump's statement was not only not proven by your argument but logically, it could not be proven by your argument?

Doh.

In your case, cognitive dissonance might be taken as something of an improvement.
edit on 2017-3-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Which begs to question, why were communications which had nothing to do with Russia being intercepted?

Are you asking me to speculate? Ok.

See,the thing is, when a foreign agent is being monitored, they are being monitored.

Perhaps there were foreign entities who were being monitored (possibly even Russian entities) who had conversations which were not about Russia. Conversations with US persons perhaps. Or, perhaps, possibly conversations about US persons.

That is speculation of course, because you asked me to do so.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It seems to me that everyone is forgetting the computer used by Brennen and Clapper to spy on everyone as noted here and several other sources on ATS.

Does anyone think it ever stopped? Any info they got was likely revealed on the illegal source above. However they can't reveal it because what they were doing was illegal so they are now on a witch hunt to find something, anything to make Trump wrong for talking to russia.

All that is coming out is bs on both sides because neither side can say what they know regardless of good or bad. original source was illegal. Otherwise they would not have had to go after an outside source to try to find something on him that turns out not to be verifiable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join