It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on non-physical experiences please

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So I haven't posted here for quite some time and in all honesty stopped visiting once it became a place to throw around our political belief systems. However I do miss the community and wanted to start a discussion on the UFO/ET phenomena. I can only get online for a couple of hours each day and am in Australia but I will monitor the content and get involved.

The first thing I would like to ask you folks is how many of you have had experiences within this field, and are you convinced they are physical in nature or do you think we are dealing with things operating outside of our conventional understanding of physicality and matter?

The reason I ask this is because my experiences, although mostly experienced within my understanding of reality have a certain non physical atmosphere about them. Trying to explain this with language we commonly use is difficult but when I see things even with witnesses there is a certain adjustment of the environment that is subtle but is obvious. It almost feels like your awareness has been altered. I used to put this down to fear and anxiety about what was happening but recently I had a sighting that was very different.

I saw a series of lights with a friend, they appeared one night over the trees in a circular formation about 40ft in diameter and about 20ft about the the canopy. When this appeared I felt completely calm and a sense of pure joy which was phenomenal. I watched the craft slowly drift overhead and disappear. as I returned my gaze to where I first saw it the same lights just blinked on again and started strobing. I asked my friend if she could see it and she replied "omg is that a plane?". Then she took a deep breath and said nothing whilst we watched this thing drift away over the trees. It reappeared 3 more times exactly as it did before and the last time it appeared I knew it was leaving and wouldn't see it again.

Now this is what intrigues me, firstly I thought my god I have to get this on camera, the mere thought of doing it though seemed hilariously futile and almost childish and all I wanted to do was watch it. My friend was the same, she didn't move an inch and all i did was move my head to follow it as it moved overhead. Now to me it seemed almost like a projection of sorts but my friend said she clearly saw a disc shape and structure, I only saw the lights. Also it was like I was having a conversation with it whilst watching it.

As I previously stated it felt like pure joy when this thing appeared, not a feeling I am used to or even a word I would use. I asked my friend if she felt anything (once we had calmed down) and she looked at me and said it felt like pure joy?? What is that all about?

I am beginning to think this phenomena really is a consciousness thing, I am not talking about David Wilcock or Corey Goode kind of nonsense (I listened to them for about 5 min and had to turn it off) I think its more Graham Hancocks understanding. As a trained science nerd this has been incredibly difficult to assimilate and I still struggle to this day, its not something that is easy to accept but over that last 10 years I have started to allow myself some peace with it.

Thoughts (other than go see a shrink, that gets a bit old)??

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Charlyboy

There is a strong non-physical aspect to the so-called UFO phenomena. That fact, understood, can explain why the phenomena is still largely a mystery to us. No one wants to hear that "mind control" is a feature of the manner of contact that we achieve with the ETIs.

Most people, even on ATS cannot and will not fathom what this all means to themselves or humanity. It is a new destiny facing us and we as people and governments continue to ignore it. As some suspect, much of it deals with innate abilities of the human consciousness that as societies and cultures we do suppress.

The human animal loves its abilities with all thing physical. I believe that is an outgrowth of the normal greed ingredient of our basic animal survival motivations. As we dwell in the physical, we want to ignore, deny and dismiss any alternative that makes itself apparent to our physical senses.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Don't go all black and white. It can be everything we can imagine and then some, because nobody knows what it is.
But it definitely effects the mind. Microwaves can do that too.
Then there are all these stories about telepathic interactions, which might be 99% bs but still.
There are numerous cases in which clearly physical interaction with the environment and humans took place, check out the vietnam hobart incident.
What I'm saying is don't believe for one second anyone knows what we're dealing with.
These people for the most part assume that "god interaction" is the same as "alien interaction" and then yes it would be a consciousness thing.
But is it the same? I don't think anyone can say without asking an alien and....I bet you see the problem?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think anyone who has seriously studied this rather than just read a couple of books has come away with the feeling that there is a "High Strangeness" aspect to these phenomena, i.e.: It can't be explained with a strictly nuts and bolts theory, no matter how advanced the nuts and bolts. This is what led initially to the IDH (Inter-Dimensional Hypothesis) opposing to ETH (Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis) though the two really aren't mutually exclusive. Still, if there is any part of this that is like the IDH or reflects consciousness, then we have something seriously wrong about our current theories on the structure of reality. Yet science, for a variety of reasons, doesn't really want to consider anything other than nuts and bolts because the prevailing mind set is that there is nothing other than nuts and bolts. The alternative is too extreme to contemplate and consists of stuff that science was founded to react against in the first place. This is, in my view, why research in this area is basically stalled. Consciousness (loosely defined) is the big elephant in the room that no scientist who wants to keep his job and reputation intact wants to acknowledge.

It's too bad because new theories do not automatically invalidate old theories, but often incorporate them. That Quantum Mechanics and Relativity exist does not mean the Periodic Table is wrong. Isaac Newton still works. It's just that there's more to it than we thought. A quote by Robert Jastro in G od and the Astronomers explains the issue well.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

edit on 3/26/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I find it easier to digest mentally if I call it the 'Other World.'
It does seem to be a real space.
Hard to make sense of on a 'rational' level sometimes.
"Rege Bene Shwa Machu Bene."
A giant praying mantis told me this was a universal friendly greeting.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Great response, I am aware of the mind control aspect of this phenomena and so glad you mentioned it, I have had this happen to me and its a little distressing as you sometimes question who is control, it certainly seems like its not me at times. My religious friends tell me this is all demons etc but the thing is there is so much more to this than that archaic and dogmatic perspective.

I agree we are capable of so much more and this experience we have here is much more than we understand. I honestly wonder if governments really have a clue whats going on..

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Did it really? if you are not pulling my leg would you describe it, one of my experiences was with an insect like being, but it was more like glass or light than physical...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy

Did it really? if you are not pulling my leg would you describe it, one of my experiences was with an insect like being, but it was more like glass or light than physical...

Not pulling your leg.
It's a long story and I am too tired to write a whole chapter.
It was kind of funny...I wasn't invaded or abducted in any way.
It was more like I dropped in on their party.
They seemed a little thrown off guard.
Everything, for the most part, was a monochromatic metallic gray.
There were some "Jawa" looking guys in hooded robes that seemed to be frantically working some sort of "control board." It had multicolored lights.
They seemed to be surprised that I "modulated without a lens."
Whatever the hell that means.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I find it easier to digest mentally if I call it the 'Other World.'
It does seem to be a real space.
Hard to make sense of on a 'rational' level sometimes.
"Rege Bene Shwa Machu Bene."
A giant praying mantis told me this was a universal friendly greeting.

Were you under the influence of any substance at all or stone-cold sober and up and awake?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
No I don't think it is the same but I have never had a "god" interaction so I wouldn't know. I have experienced the telepathic interaction, and to me it certainly seemed real whilst there was an entity in the room with me. How that actually works is not something I can even begin to speculate on.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Being a scientist and working with some high level folk who I rather stupidly shared my experiences with I can testify to the immediate rejection of these phenomena and the subsequent mockery that follows. When I sat down with someone who was a little more open minded (and for my part one of the better minds I was graced to work with) he explained to me that accepting something like this would not only destroy his reality but it would also evaporate his entire belief system. I asked him how he would cope if he saw something like I was describing and he said he wouldn't cope. So perhaps that is why science won't touch it??

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Hahahahahahah popped to a different level of consciousness did you

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy
a reply to: schuyler
Being a scientist and working with some high level folk who I rather stupidly shared my experiences with I can testify to the immediate rejection of these phenomena and the subsequent mockery that follows. When I sat down with someone who was a little more open minded (and for my part one of the better minds I was graced to work with) he explained to me that accepting something like this would not only destroy his reality but it would also evaporate his entire belief system. I asked him how he would cope if he saw something like I was describing and he said he wouldn't cope. So perhaps that is why science won't touch it??
Keep on digging. There is the very real possibility, based on my own experience, that there is no answer. That is the answer to the riddle. There is no answer.
Live long and prosper.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I read a book by Chris OBrian called "Enter the Valley." I lived close to the San Luis valley, so I decided to investigate and get a little flyfishing in at the same time. When I stopped for gas in Alamosa, I knew that something had gone dreadfully wrong.
The experience that followed vacillated between a quasi religious vibe, mind control, time distortion, paranormal surrealism and insanity. Now everytime I head up there for a little Rand R...high strangeness of one type or another happens. btw...fishing on the upper Rio Grande is fantastic and it's beautiful country.

I don't know what the underlying phenomenon is related to but it's attractive and frightening at the same time.

edit on 26-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yea, the timing behind seeing some of these things is odd, sometimes it like you get the feeling before hand and then just randomly, subtly comes into view. From what I've seen, they are sneaky bastards, that its almost fourth wall.

As for science, well it to lucid and fluid to actually replicate any thing concrete to study.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I read a book by Chris OBrian called "Enter the Valley." I lived close to the San Luis valley, so I decided to investigate and get a little flyfishing in at the same time. When I stopped for gas in Alamosa, I knew that something had gone dreadfully wrong.
The experience that followed vacillated between a quasi religious vibe, mind control, time distortion, paranormal surrealism and insanity. Now everytime I head up there for a little Rand R...high strangeness of one type or another happens. btw...fishing on the upper Rio Grande is fantastic and it's beautiful country.

I don't know what the underlying phenomenon is related to but it's attractive and frightening at the same time.

We're playing on the same turf.
Get up into the "Land of a 1000 Springs."
Things can get fun in that neck of the hills.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that some at least are communicating non-physically.

I once stayed at the Ramyama Gardens Resort in Bali in 1987. Woke up in bed early one morning to look into the eyes of a little fellow a few feet tall. He had huge oval eyes that were like looking at sandblasted steel. No pupils just metallic eyes. Those eyes were not made to see into a visible spectrum of light. Didn't look like goggles either. After a few seconds I yelled and he vanished. Lots of stuff after that experience.

That odd detached feeling is second nature for me now, I liken it to an interface layer of reality. Some strange stuff to interface with out there.

There is a physicalness that one interfaces with. So both the psychic and physical. The interface layer is perhaps a sensible way two very different consciousnesses can interface.

The emotions of meeting (some) interfaces are rather wonderful.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Your post immediately made me think of a paper I found when looking for cool stuff on osti.gov and dtic.mil. It's from a guy named Thomas Bearden. I think everyone here would find it very interesting and thought provoking. To summarize it, he basically says he believes the UFO phenomenon is non-physical. I highly recommend reading the entire thing and not just the last page. I think I remember reading something else of his that goes into more depth on specifically UFO'S, but I forget at this point.

A strange coincidence is that when I first read this, I had recently learned about the Voynich Manuscript. He talks about linking brains into one superbrain, and check out this picture from the manuscript...

Click on PDF URL

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well fly fishing is probably the best way to experience this suff
I had some pretty weird events fly fishing in Tasmania with friends of mine who acknowledge stuff happened but refuse to look at it.

Totally understand what you mean about it being attractive and frightening at the same time, I have retreated from my experiences a number of time due to more than a little anxiety about them.

Will check out the upper Rio Grande if I ever get back to that area of the US, miss my fly fishing.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen
It certainly seems sneaky at times and more than a little contrived too...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join