It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Disgraced Nat Sec Advisor Lt. Gen Michael Flynn Cut A Deal With The FBI?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I'll star that post. Thank you for actually addressing the topic instead of me or my posting habits.

I'm not at all convinced that if there was any coordination between members of the campaign and the Russian government, that Trump himself would have had knowledge of it. For that matter, there hasn't been anything but a whole lot of very circumstantial evidence that any collusion at all took place but too use the where there's smoke, there's fire analogy, at some point it's hard to believe that with all this smoke, there's not some fire somewhere.

That said, if somebody said there were concrete evidence of collusion involving exactly one member of the Trump campaign and the Kremlin and I had to wager money on who that person was, I would probably select Manafort. After Manafort, it would be Carter Page and then rounding out the top three, Flynn.

Like you and Mr. Abramson, my first thought was "whose the bigger fish?" but that ignores another dimension entirely because it's a question that presupposes that Flynn is guilty of the crime himself. That makes sense because as we all know, Flynn had contact with Kislyak and lied about it. He also lied about taking money from the Russian government for his speech at the RT gala. Then there's the failure to disclose the lobbying for the Erdogan regime.

What if Flynn actually didn't do anything more untoward in regards to the Russian government but lie about his phone calls and the phone calls themselves were fairly innocuous? (arguments about the Logan Act could be made but let's get real, trying people under the Logan Act isn't a thing that happens)

What if the angle is as Nance suggests, in regards to Flynn's dealings with the Turkish government. He might be providing information he has about another member of Trump Team regarding the even more serious allegations of colluding with the Kremlin to influence the outcome of the election in exchange for immunity from prosecution from his own wrongdoings.

Folks like Flynn are big personalities with outsized egos. I'd also consider that some aspect of his personality or how he views himself might explain why he would cut a deal of some sort rather than trying to lay low and have Trump cover his ass with a pardon in the worst case scenario.

There are other scenarios I can imagine like maybe he knows that the gig is up (assuming there is a gig to be up) and that eventually the President will be impeached and then removed from office. If that's the case, he might just be flipping to bail with what would be the only parachute in a crashing plane.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Exactly what?

Your post of a snowflake picture was an attempt to discredit what I said. It's true tradition here at ATS to concede a thread if you're late to the punch.

My OP presents quite a bit more/different material for discussion and it's not in the Mud Pit

The premise is the same, your thread would have been better off as a reply to the current thread.

Perhaps you could alert the mods to your own post?

Bluff called, done. I'm pretty sure it will be removed for offtopic. How about you report your thread now?

It's pretty telling to me that rather than address the content of the OP, you're scrambling to find some reason — any reason — to invalidate my posting of the OP in the first place. What are you so afraid of?

The content of most of your OP's (not all, you do have some really good ones) are substance that would qualify for the National Enquirer. Tabloid.

Honestly I don't know why I bothered responding at all, part of it is because what you post lately is beneath you, but I guess we all need a paycheck. You have a lot of talent for writing, you shouldn't waste it on political bs.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Because he's an anonymous avatar with an agenda. Doesn't even try to hide it.

We're ok with this here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Rumors are flying hard and fast on twitter from what have been reliable sources = fallout from Flynn's desire to talk. Trump's days may very well be numbered in the White House, he is considering all his options including resigning, and people are shoring up their relationship with Pence, abandoning Trump to an ignoble fate.

But these are just rumors... We shall see. I'm not sure what's going on yet.

Beginning of the end? Or just a bunch of nonsense?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Did someone check Obamas and his staff for ties to foreign countries when he ran for office or was it okay back then?

Investigations are typically launched when there's a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed.

I haven't been investigated for bank robbery either but if I start buying big ticket items with dye-soaked cash the week after my local bank is robbed and the police decide to question me, I don't think it would make a lot of sense to ask the cops if they've investigated everyone else in town yet.

Actually that is exactly what a guilty person would say lol...

"Why you investigating me?!? Why army you investigating everyone else?!?!"

Lmao

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join