It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of very young kids kill flamingo in zoo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point, it was the engineer that caught them and chased them out. But I read a few different articles and one article mentioned something along the lines of "we need the bystanders to call for help in these situations" so I'm not sure if they were implying people saw and didn't react, or...

It's depressing but given the attitudes that people have these days where they will just sort of step over people who are bleeding to death or already dead without even so much as second thought, and this is happening all over the world. I am not surprised that a flamingo is way off the empathy register.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

He was the only "adult" in the group.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Jiggly
beat them with a stick

Toss them in the gorilla cage.

Wrapped in bananas.

I hope the parents get some hefty fines.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Wrapped in bananas.

That's specist.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The fact that 5 and 6 year olds were wandering around unsupervised is already troubling. I don't know how the culture is in Czech, but over here you don't do that.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...the parents aren't to blame...it's their humanity that's to blame...

Humans are territorial...lactating...mammals...
Simply because we no longer pick and eat each others fleas from the safety of the treeline as we gaze across the savannah...doesn't mean we've reached some lofty...enlightened...evolution...

All of our prehistory and history is carried within us...it's written into our genetic makeup...
We carry the seeds of our own destruction within...even as we reach for the stars...

Societal suppression doesn't relieve those genetic tensions...those children were practicing what they really are...deep down under those layers of societal indoctrination...

While it seems horrific to our sensibilities...it's natural in a natural world...take a look beyond your window...beyond our alabaster towers...out into the natural world...that world we have thin veneered ourselves from...

Same...Same...

YouSir

The flamingo was in a zoo.
These are not feral kids out hunting for food.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ah, we're living 'Lord of the Flies' at this point, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Four legs good...

Oh, wait.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Ummm...I know...right...?

Cause...animals in a cage...gawked at by self proclaimed higher life forms...is so much more humane...

You win...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Stone them back. Eye for a eye is needed here. the parents should had raised them better. Its their fault their child will be stoned to death.

I suspect this was because the Birds were from America and were trying to spread christianity to the muslim population?(joke ok )

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

The fact that 5 and 6 year olds were wandering around unsupervised is already troubling. I don't know how the culture is in Czech, but over here you don't do that.

You're not supposed to do that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

UMMM NO.

We are more then just simple animals. We are symbolic creatures, essentially a walking quantum computer. We create art, poetry and investigate math and sciences. Our ability to change our environment to suit our needs is indicative of our true nature, not the wild packs of animals you deem us.

In this regard, our societies are based off rules, governance and laws, thus resulting in a society that is above the rest of the other species on this planet. Its easy to say, ah there acting like animals, there base instinct, its all good.

When we lose sight of those perspectives, then we have degenerates, of which provide no value to society, thus no progression, resulting in eventual extinction to the elements.

These children are the result of not having any kind of moral leadership or parenting. At least in the sense that they know not break into an enclosure and kill an animal, while admitting to not caring.

You can go ahead and keep thinking like a beast, I'll be over here in civilization.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: c2oden

Ummm...I know...right...?

Cause...animals in a cage...gawked at by self proclaimed higher life forms...is so much more humane...

You win...

YouSir

If flamingos were actually kept in cages, it would have been unlikely this would have happened because the kids wouldn't have had such easy access to them. Instead, in most modern zoos, flamingos are often simply kept in roped off lagoons. The birds are often raised in zoos and have little fear of humans.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It only happens with incompetent parents. 8 is not too bad, I was probably wandering around at 8, but 5 and 6? That's preschool and kindergarten kids. They can barely go to the bathroom alone.. these kids were in the woods too.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

We were running wild all over my grandparents' farm at that age. We ranged all over the farmyard and into the barn.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Earliest personal memory for me would put it starting around 8 or 9. The hills were ours! Until it started getting dark.

edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I guess farm life is different, I could see toddlers roaming around somewhat safely within boundaries.

I live in the city and wouldn't leave a 5 year old out of my sight

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
And you expected what from Czech children. To shave their faces like the Pope and invite schoolchildren into their confessionals like Jerry Sandusky.

Not much different than killing flamingos really.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The Millenial Generation is way out of control!

Way out of control....

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

How many flamingos have you killed?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join