It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang of very young kids kill flamingo in zoo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Disturbing story from the Czech Republic. A gang of very young children aged 5, 6 and 8 years old, climb over a fence inside the zoo and launch an attack on the flamingos. Stoning them with large rocks and kicking them, leaving one dead and another seriously injured. So much wrong with this story. 5, 6 and 8 years old?! They should be at home drinking milk. These kids are already on a destructive path at such a young age and I think the parents are to blame for this one.

Link

A trio of schoolboys aged between five and eight-years-old reportedly kicked a flamingo to death after pelting it with stones at a zoo in the Czech Republic.

The youngsters reportedly climbed over the fence of the Jihlava Zoo before launching their attack on the flock of American flamingos.

Zoo spokesman Martin Malac told Czech media that the boys expressed no regret for what they had done to the birds.

Apparently one got away. Already not cooperating at this age?

After the child suspects refused to speak with investigators, they were arrested

Poor flamingo

The dead flamingo was a male, who had survived floods at a zoo in Prague in 2002, before he was hastily transferred to the Jihlava Zoo. A father of eight, he was valued at about £1,700.

Be apart of your children's lives...
edit on 26-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

that is horrible...and no sign of regret at that YOUNG age...... killing maiming animals is one of the first signs....future sociopaths in the making...the first one they killed at the zoo...how much you want to bet they have killed animals in the neighborhood
edit on 26-3-2017 by research100 because: dang spelling and added a sentence

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Good point, I highly doubt this was their first kill. Apparently they came from the woods and ran back into the woods after the incident. Wouldn't be surprised that's their "playing grounds". I feel just as bad for these kids as I do for the flamingos.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
beat them with a stick

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My gut feeling is the regressive left way in which kids are raised these days, not saying you need to beat the sh1t out of them but having a good role model along with a well ingrained sense of how to conduct yourself would be a good start, not some single parent that is self obsessed with Face Book and celebrity to the point of showing every bad trait a human can have to a young mind that grabs onto everything..

Myself and a friend stopped a robbery of a motorcycle a few weeks ago where a group of three "children" no older than 13 kicked this guy off in traffic and not just happy with that one of them pulled out a 10" knife and was attempting to stab the guy in the chest.. This was central London in a very busy shopping area.. Sadly about 30 minutes later they succeeded and actual stabbed another person about a mile away and stole a Scooter, local news did not even cover it as they where minors!!!....

RA

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ummm...the parents aren't to blame...it's their humanity that's to blame...

Humans are territorial...lactating...mammals...
Simply because we no longer pick and eat each others fleas from the safety of the treeline as we gaze across the savannah...doesn't mean we've reached some lofty...enlightened...evolution...

All of our prehistory and history is carried within us...it's written into our genetic makeup...
We carry the seeds of our own destruction within...even as we reach for the stars...

Societal suppression doesn't relieve those genetic tensions...those children were practicing what they really are...deep down under those layers of societal indoctrination...

While it seems horrific to our sensibilities...it's natural in a natural world...take a look beyond your window...beyond our alabaster towers...out into the natural world...that world we have thin veneered ourselves from...

Same...Same...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
beat them with a stick

Toss them in the gorilla cage.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What a negative, sour attitude about our species.

Every species has the good and the bad.

If we were not so horrified by this killing of another species-how bad could we be?

Granted, we are meat eaters but that doesn't mean it is in our dna to viciously kill innocent animals not meant for consumption.

I feel sorry for you-you must live in a very bad, mean, violent climate.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Ummm...excuse me...it's neither good or bad...grand or evil...it simply is...

I'm really glad you feel yourself so evolved...

There's nothing at all evil about the natural world...just because humanity likes to think itself...including you by the way...above all that...doesn't make us or you enlightened...
it only makes you disingenuous...

Righteous indignation has no place in a discussion of the reality of the human condition...

You are a lactating territorial mammal...nothing more...you practice territorialism every single day from the comfort of your home as you shut yourself in and shut the world out...

Expiating our yearning of the natural world by keeping some species as pets doesn't go enough by far to assuage an innate bent to howl at the moon...

The sooner you accept exactly what you are...the sooner you'll realize that your not so much apart from nature as you are a part of it...

Thank you very much...BTW...I am a happy well adjusted individual that keeps a very open mind...and bothers BTW...to consider exactly what it means to be a member of this species...

Perhaps next time before you pass your judgements on me...you might explore my threads...You can find the majority of them in the "Short Stories" forum where I've bothered to communicate precisely who and what I am...and how I view you and others...

YouSir
edit on 26-3-2017 by YouSir because: There was a lack...in the force

edit on 26-3-2017 by YouSir because: of a no doubt vain attempt at clarity...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How about accepting responsibility as a species? We let our "overlords" rape children an other despicable acts that should not even exist, without accountability, so what do u expect? Yes, it is absolutely terrible that these, toddlers, essentially, were not stopped or prevented from engaging in such violent acts, but id wager all my possessions; future or current, that even more undigestible atrocities will be plaguing our world very soon, as a result of indifference, inaction snd ignorance. People ask "where were their parents...or where was god.. Ha! How about where were you? Where was i? Where were "WE?" I know everyone...well, at least those with a measure of conscious awareness, have heard "...it takes a village," well, this day and age, its going to take every single one of us.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SeeReeS

Hey man, I feel you 100% but you got way too deep on me there. I'm just reporting, don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Jiggly
beat them with a stick

Toss them in the gorilla cage.

No.
Too much chance of a Harambee repeat.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would help them into the big cat cage, sorry I know it's harsh and would I actually do it..of course not but killing animals as a child with no regrets..we know where this leads.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Since this was a zoo, let's talk about the elephant in the room:

Immigrants or Native Born Czechs?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Did this happen in a vacuum? Did no one even try to stop them?! At what point do a bunch of bystanders just decide they're down with watching a trio of feral children stone and kick a flamingo to death?

That's another aspect to this story that's almost as disturbing as the idea of the three children doing it and not caring.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point, it was the engineer that caught them and chased them out. But I read a few different articles and one article mentioned something along the lines of "we need the bystanders to call for help in these situations" so I'm not sure if they were implying people saw and didn't react, or...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Want something more depressing? (You know you do, right?)

www.staradvertiser.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Were they hungry?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There's a million plus flamingos out there, so no big loss.
The kids should stick to cats and dogs because everyone
likes flamingos.

edit on 26-3-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol. As I was reading it, I was like damn this guy must've slaughtered a whole bunch of them. Had to read it twice because I thought I missed something.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join