It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 2016 election should have been suspended

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hillary's campaign should have been suspended for the blatant cheating and collusion with the media. Then all the media outlets that colluded with her campaign should have had their licenses revoked permanently.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I do think that Russia played a huge role in this election and it could have been dealt with much better than it had been by both parties.

But to have cancelled it, no, i dont think that would have been the solution.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
For a lover of history this election is incredible, we can see the slow death of an empire.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I do think that Russia played a huge role in this election and it could have been dealt with much better than it had been by both parties.

But to have cancelled it, no, i dont think that would have been the solution.

No, the media played a huge role, remember all of their fake polls right down to the last hour? What about their non stop coverage of Trump during the Republican Primary in order to destroy the traditional GOP candidates as they smirked and laughed by placing Trump ahead? Or their non coverage of Bernie's screw job they were part and parcel with?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
For a lover of history this election is incredible, we can see the slow death of an empire.

I am curious.. what does it show for you? (details please)

I am inclined to agree in principle but I have a funny feeling that while we may agree on the basic direction it will be for wildly different reasons.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I am curious.. what does it show for you? (details please)

I am inclined to agree in principle but I have a funny feeling that while we may agree on the basic direction it will be for wildly different reasons.

Just a curious interest in world history, we got to see then end of the ussr, now it seems that america empire is slowly crumbling away.

Just like the romans, egyptians, greeks, chinese, i see similarities in how they lost there grip on controling so much.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Hillary got money from other countries to campaign, that campaign money effects the election.

Just a point of order,
What does that refer too, Trump and the $25million he says Hillary got from the Saudis for her campaign for instance? because if it is, Trump never proved it, and he never put her into any court like he said he would do.. it was a load of shiite, and everybody knows that. The $25million? that figure could only be an estimate at best so let's go with it anyway, but could only refer to Saudi gifts to the foundation since it started in 1997 and ended when she became Secretary of State, none of it was given to fund a latter day bid at being President. About the only thing that is known about the Saudi gifts, is that $10million was given to fund the Clinton library, one of the specifics of the foundation, much the same as was given to G.W.Bush's library.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I do not especially disagree with you..

My reasons are not so history inclined as much as...

We had one side get exposed for corruption...their candidate was exposed for mishandling classified information, and was either criminally negligent or so incompetent she could not grasp what classified means... and half the country still voted for her.

On the other side you have the Republicans...who put up a reality TV star (that should be all that is needed on that)... and the majority of the rest of country rushed to vote for him, instead of looking at a viable alternative.

So in short we had two bad candidates and everyone was more concerned with voting for their team.. or against the other team rather than take an opportunity to raise a third party up..

So both Republicans and Democrats seem to be so completely brain washed that they keep voting for people that are going to screw them... because of well bread and circuses.. we have the idiot box to thank for a lot of this.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There are so many things that we should have done, though suspending the election is not one that I agree with, yet we still allow the corruption in our government and society to continue.

My question is, how do we go about actually doing something about the corruption and the flaws that we know exist?

I listen every day, to people discussing all the things that are wrong with our country. I never hear anyone saying what they are doing to fix it.

I know there is no easy or magically cure, but it is never going to change, no matter how much we discuss it or complain about it until we actually put some skin in the game and make it happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There is no simple fix... as much as the thought appeals to some marching on DC and hanging those responsible is not the right way..

We have to find other options, I dont care if it is Green, Libertarian, Veterans Party... a third party has to get its foot in the door, then we can hold their feet to the proverbial fire.

Because even though they (TPTB) have stacked the deck in their favor in a big way... if the People stay engaged... get involved voice their displeasure by dumping people that lie, cheat or steal... we can still take back our country.

But that requires things like time, and effort and attention to detail for longer than 15 seconds.... I am not certain we still have the fortitude to follow through.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
No foreign power, especially an adversary, should influence an election in another country. Considering the IC believes the Russian government hacked the DNC in June 2016 to help Trump win the election, this would be an unprecedented move by the Russian government since this would be the first time the Russian government did something like this ever. Whether the IC is correct or not, I believe this assessment would have warranted the suspension of the 2016 election until, in Trump's words, we figure out what the hell is going on.

Then every election around the world should have been suspended for at least the last century... because the United States government has interfered in every single one in every single country.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Agreed. It was clear enough that 'something was going on' to suspend the election. The DNC should be in all kinds of trouble for not treating both Democrat candidates equally and the Trump campaign should be on the hook for colluding with a foreign agent to interfere with the election.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

All the TV MSM outlets, and most of the rest of the print etc media is all owned by multinational corporations. They work in lockstep with the Two party System. They help dictate who gets smeared, or who gets a chance; who does or doesnt get into the debates (competing political parties in particular).

This has been going on possibly longer than you've been alive.

So how about all that?

Is there some list of what foreign interests influencing our elections, and which cant? Or just so long as its multinational globalist corporations? If that's so, since when do liberals worship corporations? Oh, yeah, since Obama.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think we should demand a re-do. I don't want Pence or Ryan either. The reps can get a new candidate, and the dems can vote between Clinton and Sanders.

I really, really want a re-do. Trump cheats. Not fair.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

No foreign power, especially an adversary, should influence an election in another country. Considering the IC believes the Russian government hacked the DNC in June 2016 to help Trump win the election, this would be an unprecedented move by the Russian government since this would be the first time the Russian government did something like this ever. Whether the IC is correct or not, I believe this assessment would have warranted the suspension of the 2016 election until, in Trump's words, we figure out what the hell is going on.

Then every election around the world should have been suspended for at least the last century... because the United States government has interfered in every single one in every single country.

Then let them! Redos for everyone!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble of disappointment, but in America people get up and vote and that is how Trump won.

Thank god for our electoral system. Hallelujah.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The FBI's legal Clinton email releases and other subpoenaed legal releases of her emails watchdog groups had more of an effect than the DNC hack. Which has never been conclusively directly linked to Russia intel with any certainty and could have very well been an DNC insider leak.

The DNC hack only reinforced without a shadow of a doubt what peolpe have been saying for years that the media and the DNC colluded behind the scenes to give Hillary an advantage of Bernie and are pretty much disdain everyone else including their own voters.

Any tampering with the election worth investigating was done by Democrats as exposed by Project Veritas amongst other fraudulent electoral behavior. Your candidate didn't win on her own merits and now we have a widespread delusi ok nal projection that it wasn't them, but the russians doing exactly what they've been doing.

Clinton embodied all of the political corruption that most America's are sick of and I'm glad she lost. They've been trying every ditty trick in the book including felonious intelligence leaking to take Trump down amongst many other things.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

BS!

www.npr.org...
Database Tracks History Of U.S. Meddling In Foreign Elections

www.theguardian.com...
Americans can spot election meddling because they’ve been doing it for years

www.thenewamerican.com...
U.S. Has Interfered in Foreign Elections Multiple Times

www.pri.org...
A brief history of the times the US meddled in others' elections

AND ON AND ON AND ON. The US has been meddling in foreign elections and overthrowing legitimate governments since the beginning of time.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But that requires things like time, and effort and attention to detail for longer than 15 seconds.... I am not certain we still have the fortitude to follow through.

Well, this would explain how we got here.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The claim is Russia hacked/influenced the election.
The rebuttal to this is
HOW?
How did Russia change voting patterns?

I already know the response...wikileaks. Where is the proof where wikileaks and Russia communicated?
And then to top it off lefties are too blind to actually look inside the leaks. Where collusion between the media and the DNC was occuring without Public Disclosure.

We have more proof of the Saudis bankrolling Hillary
We have proof the Podesta group takes Russian money to lobby to remove Russian sanctions

Wait you guys might Bring up Manafort, A guy who was not around during the General election and has not been around for a long time. I'll let you guys have that one. but then
Tell me how Manafort caused Hillary to lose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join