It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 2016 election should have been suspended

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No foreign power, especially an adversary, should influence an election in another country. Considering the IC believes the Russian government hacked the DNC in June 2016 to help Trump win the election, this would be an unprecedented move by the Russian government since this would be the first time the Russian government did something like this ever. Whether the IC is correct or not, I believe this assessment would have warranted the suspension of the 2016 election until, in Trump's words, we figure out what the hell is going on.

+71 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Russians influenced the election by showing cheating and corruption in the DNC.

Why the #### aren't people upset about that?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Are you high...

Serious question.. I would have to be high as a fricking kite to even consider such an option...

So lets say you suspend the elections... what then?

Who will run the country... speaker of the house?

Which agency will have the authority to sound the all clear?

Who will do the investigating?

ETA: how do you prevent someone from becoming dictator for life... I mean if some vague circumstantial evidence is enough to suspend an election... if the CIA is responsible for a third of the things they are blamed for, then creating a fake evidence trail would be a piece of cake.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Step away from the keyboard Hilary and take your meds

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
And leave the country POTUS less, or Obama remaining forevermore?

If it was the Russians, then I would suggest they are winning.
edit on 26/3/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Considering the IC believes the Russian government hacked the DNC in June 2016 to help Trump win the election...

But that's a lie.

The IC does not believe that at all.

So your reason for suspending the election is non-existant.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well I think Trumpy is our last chance even though he may turn out to be the immoral leader in Scripture,.....

So I say no.....have you lost all the good sense God gave ya
edit on 26-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There is no evidence that the hacking by Russia of the election actually effected the election. Also, Hillary got money from other countries to campaign, that campaign money effects the election. But she still lost because she was the wrong choice by the democrats.

All the hype that has been spread by MSM has no evidence to show it effected anything. There is no evidence to even point at Russia yet to say they actually released the hacked information. Remember, other countries also hacked the DNC. But there is also no evidence they interfered in any way.

The USA is constantly hacking other countries, and we have done more than Russia to influence the leadership of other countries. Probably more than any other country, The united States is the best at hacking in the world. Israel is good too, but they have limited resources.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I got a gut feeling this has been done before somehow. I dont think there is a country around that hasnt had election tampering from abroad to a certain degree.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No foreign power did. No one wanted pedofiles elected in, and that was NU. 1. Obamacare, nu. 2! Liberals absolutely failed American's and the entire world as Obama is Isis wedded! Hillary mass murderer! And most legal citizens want borders closed to all high risk people in the world! That's a given of all countries that are sane!

When a party like that evil one, calls anyone anything, always innuedo and no hard facts, its shifting your crimes onto others. Transference of guilt!

They did hack the election and still lost. Massechusett's recount comes to mind, and the ballots that, oops, were changed due to, old machines. They were hand ballots but scanning them in, oops didn't work. And boy did they stop the recounts very fast!

So please stop pushing crapola on threads.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If the dems were squeaky clean they wouldn't have been hurt by the leaks.

Boooooo hoooooo russia waaaaaah
edit on 26-3-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

link   

Ever hear what Obama did to try to oust Netanyahu? Lol

link   
allsee4eye

this would be the first time the Russian government did something like this ever.

The Democrats worked with Russia to try and defeat Reagan in 1984
edit on 26-3-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Are you high...

Serious question.. I would have to be high as a fricking kite to even consider such an option...

So lets say you suspend the elections... what then?

Who will run the country... speaker of the house?

Which agency will have the authority to sound the all clear?

Who will do the investigating?

ETA: how do you prevent someone from becoming dictator for life... I mean if some vague circumstantial evidence is enough to suspend an election... if the CIA is responsible for a third of the things they are blamed for, then creating a fake evidence trail would be a piece of cake.

Not high probably, just paranoid about Russians! I've not seen this level of mass paranoia since the Cuban missile crisis. The Dems are still mad that their hackers couldn't find anything substantial to release about Trump. So they decided to go with "Kill the messenger" when Wiki revealed the dirty tricks being employed by Dems to attempt to overcome the fact that they had the most corrupt, inept candidate in the field. The fact that she couldn't fill a high school gymnasium should have been a tip-off to them but duh....

But it's okay if you want to throw out the results by saying both the top vote-getters were too corrupt to serve because that would leave my guy, Gary Johnson as the winner. I doubt he's ever sold property or US resources to Russia. I'm pretty sure that he never approved arming any terrorists either.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

laughs at the realization OP probably wont comment any further in this thread. How many times do officials have to admit there is nothing to this allegation?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
lol

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To be fair, they have been "probing" around long since the 2016 election, nothing serious though, they know better. Social Media simply caught on finally, something we all have been discussing long before the rise of such platforms.

I would wager that the US has its own hands in interference...aside from nation building that is.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have seen 2 states report of hacking attempts that did not trace back to Russia... want to say georgia and indiana claimed homeland security tried to hack into the election computers and this was not a sanctioned security test.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
this would be an unprecedented move by the Russian government since this would be the first time the Russian government did something like this ever.

Funny enough, other people have said that, and that's a part of your premise. However, everything points to Russia doing something that it never stopped doing...routinely, it's called spying, and the techniques used go much further than just surveillance, things like corruption, ensnarement, (pee pee tapes) bi-lateral, 'scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours with another country or countries scenarios even.
There is behind the scenes stuff we probably will never know about where countries collaborate, for a means to an end without the people ever knowing, because if they did it could cause, or would cause great dissention amongst the people.

America has been trading with Russia for two hundred years, including building warships for Russia's navy as far back as the 1800's, just for one instance, and they probably still spyed on each other, and everybody else even so.
This latest event, even should it go to the courts, with all the naming and shaming, won't matter a damn....a few heads might roll, then back to 'normal' business, in the spy/Gov' world.

edit on 26-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The DNC put the word out before thw election that the Russian had been behind the hacking.

The proof....? A private firm that they hired said so. That is still all the better the proof is.

Guess what?

Hillary still lost.

To Donald Trump..... a real estate tycoon and reality TV show star.

Says something about how crappy the Democratic candidate was.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join