It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gray painted F-117

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Agree with you on that one, but hey, they even made the HUD all angled, just like the plane itself!!!

well, did you look at the desert cammo F-117 link i posted? i want one!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, the glass DOES let through radar waves (which is one of the reason theres so little glass compared to other aircraft) so no wonder the HUD is angled - it has the same job to do

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i agree with you, but the airforce states that there is a special covering on the glass to make it non transparent to radar waves.....

hell, its still cool any way.

Do you have any up close interior shots of the F117 at all rich??

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
i agree with you, but the airforce states that there is a special covering on the glass to make it non transparent to radar waves.....

Yeah, its a gold mesh coating, and it doesnt make it 100% opaque to radar waves, so they still have to consider stealthy designs of visible cockpit items.

Do you have any up close interior shots of the F117 at all rich??

I do have a couple of close up internal shots, but Im not going to release them as in the current world climate, Im not sure I would be round much longer to discuss them with you

In the meantime, lets point the finger at other people by giving links to already released images

www.f117reunion.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
heres an up close, but side on look at the cockpit and pilot. Seems a might cramped in there!
Any how, F-117 is now what, 25 years old now...wow wee would i sure like to see whats replaceing it!

www.afmc-pub.wpafb.af.mil...

nice pic

heres one all lit up! www.geocities.com...

[edit on 9-2-2005 by MadGrimbo]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
well i know its in Russian, and i know its not really on topic, but hey, even the russians know what it looks like up close!

www.artflanker.chat.ru...

still think it should be rigged out in compass ghost colour scheme though!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
Any how, F-117 is now what, 25 years old now...wow wee would i sure like to see whats replaceing it!
[edit on 9-2-2005 by MadGrimbo]

Uhm, the F/A-22 by any chance?

Richard

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Richard,
i take my hat off and eat it.

I read through this post, and after reading what the General had to say, well i bow to superior knowledge.....

the raptor will replace the F-117... that makes me cry. I wanted to see a new sexy stealth plane unveiled...guess thats not going to happen...

www.f-22raptor.com... its a good read any way. Todays news !

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
But dont think this means that the B-2 will go grey, its much better then the nighthawk.

Actually I wouldn't be suprised if they are planning on painting the Raptor black, obviously not all but around 6 to 12 of them. So when we first attack a country we can use the state of art F-22, along with our bombers, so they are all black, and the F-22's could clear the skies at nightime.

First of all, about the B-2: the B-2 was never painted black, it's a blue-grey color! If you look closely at pictues and you'll see the difference. Now, if you strip off the paint, the B-2's skin is black, because it is made of a carbon fiber-based composit!

Second, the latest thing I've read suggests that the F-22 will be painted with a camoflage pattern that uses shades of grey! I don't know for sure if the info on the F-22 is 100% correct, so consider it, but do you own research!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
From my own personal collection....Refueling in the Nevada Test Range.

Gray F-117, civilian pilot from skunkworks who gave me permission to take pictures before I did...

Little backround: We were flying in the NTR on a KC-135 supporting the F-22 when a call over the radio asked if we had any extra fuel to spare. Did about five contacts for practice and gave him a few thousands pounds of fuel. Anyway here you go!

pre-contact

another....see the lake in the backround???

contact

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join