It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of antimissle system does the US have

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

And making it out of glass doesn't suddenly get rid of the ability to track it.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
What kind of anti missle defense system does the US have to protect ourselves? I have to imagine there is a system in place that could not only being down any nuclear warheads headed towards us, but even destroy them seconds after they are launched. Is nuclear war less likely perhaps with potential technology we don't know about?

A fairly crappy missile defense system. The ABM system on the West coast isn't very good. Something like a 50% success rate in testing so far, and that is for dummy missiles and warheads where they have all of the information before hand. Being able to actually intercept incoming fire is not likely. Just multibillion dollar pet projects that don't work, as much of the military's weapon systems are.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: D_Mason

System is constantly being upgraded and improved.

Your argument is that since is not 100% should not have it at all .......

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Constant upgrading and improvement hasn't increased the kill rate, on dummy targets, that should be fairly easy to intercept. No way in hell they will even work against a hardened target. As long as there are billions of dollars to be made with no oversight, and no repercussions to the defense companies will continue to sell the government bull# systems that don't work, as advertised. There should be some type of accountability, like there is in Russia.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: D_Mason

Actually there has been an improvement, they just haven't run many tests in recent years. The last few tests that I've seen weren't kill tests. I'm no fan of the system but they have made improvements.
edit on 1/19/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join