It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of antimissle system does the US have

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

As crappy as MAD is, it's sorta like democracy in that all the other alternatives are worse!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

I have seen it just in the news, that the americans are installing anti missile defense system against North Korea, just now. It's been done after Sunday's rocket launch.

Is that yellow truck filled with smaller rockets is effective? How many rockets are inside? I guess, that not only four.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Does anyone know, that North korea has a missile made of glass? It looks just like all the other big ones, except that the entire rocket is made of glass. Isn't it amazing? How will the United States protect itself against a missile completely made of glass?

And what will be their target? Anyone knows?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

Prove it. Or is it another video that you can't show anyone.
edit on 9/14/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You know, that it exists. So, how does it work? Anyway, I am not a Korean, and not an American. I know that lots of people are visiting this site who don't post anything at all. If the North Koreans are attacking the United States with a missile made of glass, the Americans have to build a defense system that can sense a missile made of glass. It is completely transparent, and only the explosive part, that is the warhead, which is darker inside. Anyway, it looks cool. I only saw the front side of the missile, so I don't know how the back side looks like.

Can this missile contain a nuclear warhead? The explosive part inside the missile wasn't so big, the size of a soccer ball. But it was completely transparent, and well designed.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a missile made of glass. Of any kind. Glass wouldn't withstand the stresses a missile goes through during any phase of flight. What a joke.

Why am I not surprised it's something else you saw but can't prove.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

More wasted beverage out my nose.Thank's alot !

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I know that glass would be too fragile to be used as a material for missile. But is there anything completely transparent like glass, and strong enough to be used as the outer shell of a missile? A missile like that can operate at slow speed, because it is unnoticed, doesn't need to be that fast. Nobody can see such a missile. The surface was shiny like glass. And it ws not coloured.

And again, what target could it be used for? Do they want to hit the World Trade center with such a missile? It is not a small one.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

No. And it would still be easily detected. Radar is not the only sensor out there you know.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Well other than Spinel heh...

But Alon/Spinel etc is extremely not cheap and gets exponentially more expensive as cubic volume needed as a single piece increases!

Interestingly, it is actually radar transparent which is why it's often used as panel material to cover active radar emitters etc...

I still believe absolutely nothing dude says and he's too stupid to realize that making a rocket casing radar transparent would actually make it a much easier to detect target!

Why?

Because there's spars turbopumps and thousands and thousands of things that have to be built out of non transparent materials and absolutely cannot follow any of the basic rules of engineering for low observability wrt shaping etc etc...

It's why they spend so much time and money making supersonic intake ducts etc which mask any front on views of the moving turbine parts!

Hell, and what they do at the outlets is even more extreme! The f35 with it's crazy stator type "air flow straighteners" their moving counterparts and the spraybars for the compound and progressive afterburner actually built into the stators!

It's amazing how easy stealth is to learn the basics of these days, and absolutely disgusting and saddening that far fewer people now bother to do so now than in the past when stealth basics were like a grail quest to find!

P.s. also Senior Citizen etc and the buried engines yadda yadda

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hope it never happens, based purely on the dangers, however:
I think it will be a demonstration of a game of whack-a-mole that will wind up being played out in the greatest video games in the future.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Wondering - is spidermastermind referring to the idea of stealth paint (was it paint??) that was used by the US in R&D late 70s/early 80s that reflect/distorts radar? and that being used on missiles?
Maybe?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Would any reason be to make a transparent warhead (let's assume it's made of glass) to hit a target? It could operate like a bullet without engine if it is once speeded up. It could also be an internal part of an actual missile. If it is high enough and has a high speed, it can be navigated anywhere and doesn't require a rocket engine until it hits its destination target.

There could be a reason to make a transparent warhead.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

No, it was not a paint. It was a well designed missile with its internal parts visible, only the front side. I assume that it can operate. Furthermore, this Koran guy is really suspicious to me, he is showing up deliberately with missiles that are easy to spot, and the defensive systems can track gigantic missiles easily. He tries to mislead everyone somehow. I believe they are up to something big.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You can track any missile easily. There's this really big heat bloom when it launches that just leaps out at detection satellites and screams "look at me". Then there's this really big heat signature caused by atmospheric friction that also just jumps out at infrared detectors.

I'm still waiting for anything resembling proof that anything like this exists. Because it's a really really bad design for anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No. No. And no. Glass or glass equivalent does not magically make something invisible to radar or suddenly "like a bullet".

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Pretty sure there was a paint like thingo.

Maybe?

I dunno, but this wiki article may tickle your fancy!

Radiation-Absorbent Material

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I am sure, anything I posted previously was monitored by the americans and GB, too. I am watching the news.

As for the transparent missile, it can be a short range missile, and its transparency is ideal during delivery. It can be put into anything, and can easily be delivered to anywhere because drugs are also easy to deliver anywhere. As I posted, I only saw the front side, where the ball shaped explosive part could be seen (gray or brown), so I don't know how it looks like in full size.

Also, as I watch the news, the Russians and British are at war, and a transparent missile hiding in a room is currently useless at this war. I can't post an image of this missile, but experts can decide whether it is a working model or not. What's more interesting, who made it?

Anyway, the outcome of this war is so powerful, that they couldn't transport a missile like this one without being noticed.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yet again something you saw that you can't show anyone. It doesn't matter if it's short range or not. Your glass missile isn't invisible to sensors. Radar will simply pass through and hit the interior, and even if they blocked that, the infrared signature is still going to be so obvious it isn't funny.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You can track any missile easily. There's this really big heat bloom when it launches that just leaps out at detection satellites and screams "look at me". Then there's this really big heat signature caused by atmospheric friction that also just jumps out at infrared detectors.

That's on the way up. Problem is tracking it in space (very hard especially with decoys), and the big ones come down really really really really fast. Hit the top of the atmosphere (250,000 feet?), and that's but 5 to 10 seconds before BOOM time.

Terminal ICBM defense is virtually impossible.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join