It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Endocannabinoid System and Diabetes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I would bet, since they smelled almost the same but weaker, that they would be medicinal.

Leaves are not considered all that medicinal.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

edit on 3/25/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I would bet, since they smelled almost the same but weaker, that they would be medicinal.

Correct as usual
Sir Phage

The buds or flowers of the plant are used...

It really is not like that, at all. There is a science as to what works for specific symptoms. I keep a diary just for that reason. Anything further would break T&Cs.

edit on 26-3-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

"Cannabis is a flowering plant that has fibrous stalks used for paper, clothing, rope, and building materials leaves, flowers, and roots used for medicinal purposes, and seeds used for food and fuel oil. Cannabis leaves and flowers are consumed in several forms" From this source. www.safeaccessnow.org...

The leaves are not as strong, but in a mature plant, they have plenty of medical value.
edit on 26-3-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Can someone please give me the tl;dr version of the OPs?
I'm interested but those are some thick walls of text...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The endocannabinoid system is important. The thing is this in not about Cannabis at all, cannabinoids are in lots of veggies in smaller amounts. Most are not psychotropic, but they do activate receptors. One thing that blocks receptors is consuming high amounts of glutamate, both free and bound for long periods of time. Highly processed food can cause diabetes by this method. Glutamate is the feel good drug, glutamates are essential in small amounts for humans, but overconsumption on a regular basis is bad. Same with most tyramines, they need to be moderately consumed and not continually consumed or they cause change to the receptors.

I believe it is more important than any other system within the body. And you are correct, this is not about cannabis. It is about understanding a key regulator involved in all our physiological processes, and in this particular case, it is diabetes we are discussing.

Our endogenous cannabinoids, the endocannabinoids, are produced on demand within the postsynaptic neuron. They are THE mediators of the retrograde signaling process at the synapse of glutamate and GABA neurons. This is the mechanism of action at the synapse.

The cannabis does not have to get you high to be effective. It could be used as a spice. Although brownies do not have that great of a taste. It does go good in with pizza sauce though. Here are some things that also trigger this communication. www.leafscience.com... Just use a little more black pepper and eat stuff with oregano on it occasionally. It doesn't have to be expensive to get these effects.

Piper nigrum (AKA black pepper) produces the terpenoid b-caryophyllene, which is also a CB2 agonist. Beta-caryophyllene is interesting. This is a government approved GRAS. It has several therapeutic qualities. I can't believe you even know about this. Beta-caryophyllene is also produced in the genus Syzygium (myrtle family). I am sure there is others.

You know what really sucks? I understood almost all of the terminology in the OP. I can read those articles now without having to look hardly anything up. Once in a while I need to look up a metabolic path to find other pathways and processes that could be alternately used. I never planned on getting this engrossed in the subjects I am investigating.

Xs 2. It is actually really fun and enjoyable, and the terminology shouldn't keep anyone away from reading these kinds of studies. You will pick up on it faster than you think. Indepth understanding is not necessarily just to grasp/understand laboratory study results, etc.

Cheers, m

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Can someone please give me the tl;dr version of the OPs?
I'm interested but those are some thick walls of text...

There are two main types of cannabinoids CBD and CBN (they are derived from Indica btw) and the human body actually has an endocannabinoid system and so there are receptors in our body that are indigenously favorable to the cannabis plant's compounds. Activating these receptors, can do everything from preventing or eliminating the effects of diabetes to curing certain cancers.

That's the gist of it.

Topical Solution/Remedy

If anyone wishes to make a medicine for whatever ails you. I have a great recipe that I recently got from someone who's been making it for years.

In this case, it will be absorbed by the skin and there's no intent to get high or to use the medicine for recreational purposes. This is pure medicinal.

Step 1

get a nice large plastic cosmetic type container with a sealable lid, no make that two or three of them, once you get this process going, as it's a type of alchemical fermentation distillery of sorts which requires moving the substance from one container to another as it purifies and ferments and grows stronger (in purer CBD's and CBN's, where any THC present merely relaxes or shocks the cells to receive the cannabinoids - which eat cancer and neutralize toxins).

Step 2

Fill about 1/3 to 1/2 full with very gently melted coconut butter (not on the stove or microwave but maybe above a toaster or over a heater or blow dryer.

Step 3

Add ground indica bud that's been dried and crumbled to dust

Step 4

Add tincture of Frankincense and Myrrh (not sure how much)

Also add a teeny tiny pinch of turmeric as a preservative, but not enough to turn it yellow.

Step 5

Blend and ferment, and then, after a week or whatever, transfer some into the next container as the base and start again, moving it from container to container as it ferments and gets stronger and stronger.

Application:

Apply to the skin over the chest (seeps into Adrenal Gland) or any other gland areas like Lymph Nodes.

For lasting absorption choose a location on your chest or arms, and wrap the area in siran wrap and tape it up - continual absorption throughout the day without evaporating or being wiped away by clothing.

Also recommended is altering Ph balance of blood by drinking water that is more alkaline, and adding both Himalayan pink salt sole (pronounced solay), a couple of tablespoons, and food grade hydrogen peroxide, anywhere from a few to 10 drops per 8 ounce glass, to which I would suggest also adding a few drops to 7-10 drops (later on) of nascent iodine, while getting the bad taste removed by adding a little bit of juice powder or fresh juice. Every morning until you start to pee more alkaline, and you're off to the races for a whole new homeostasis of your entire endocrine system since the nascent iodine activates the thyroid.

I would also suggest adding to this remedy the use of various aromatherapy oils (for the molecules) taken via a cool mist diffuser, which can also be used for the food grade H2O2 in the form of oxygen therapy while sleeping. People with Emphysema, after doing the oxygen therapy have coughed it all up and then gotten off their oxygen and out of their wheelchair through the use of H2O2.

As a precaution against the creation of free radicals when doing oxygen therapy, just take alpha lipoic acid before bed, and eat lots of greens and colorful fruits and vegetables, which also aids in the Ph movement to the state of optimal health.

Blood Ph can determine the state of health and homeostasis in the body, which is largely controlled by the endocrine system, and hormonal response. Therefore exercise would also be a vital component to this sort of regimen.

But those CBD's and CBN's, those were made for the body and the body for these "oids".

Then just eat lots of "oids" in your veggies, change your water, add oxygen, and exercise, and you'll be off to the races and even healed of whatever might ail you.

Be blessed,

Ankh

edit on 26-3-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

(post by anonentity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
its my understanding that there are NO EXOGENOUS Cannabinoids in anything other than Cannabis that exactly fit the receptors in the human body.

Can anyone prove me wrong?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Naw, I loved the info......enough mice mock ups....we need to get this with people and read about it in the New England Journal
edit on 26-3-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You know, there's no point in doing what you're doing. We know there's a lot of research on cannibinoids.

But just posting excerpts of that research is not really what this place is about.
Why not pick one, say something about it, and let the conversation flow?

What insight has ever really come of such research, except for reducing religious texts to ash, hmmm, we should focus our attentions on the religions of weak science, the ones we should never question, you know the ones that read like religious texts from 5000 years ago, that you consider progressive ?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

a reply to: M4ngo

Sorry I did not do things the way you would prefer. Damn.

It's not so much a matter of what I prefer.
It's that your manner of presenting the information is likely to result in readers seeing a wall of text and tuning out.

It did the opposite for me...i saw a detailed, informative and decidedly scientific study into the effects of the introduction of cannabinoids in diseased lab mice, and how it showed that our endocanniboid system, inherent in all of us from birth, uses cannabinoids as a regenerative, protective and curative agent for certain diseases...and i read every word of it with interest.

I even tried to mentally pronounce some of the big words....

I suggest leaving forum etiquette and post advisories to those who are tasked with such things...or else you risk coming across as a presumptuous pedantic bore.

Thanks OP...that was a heavy, but nevertheless interesting read...the upshot being of course, cannabinoids are proving to be the medically holistic wonder many of us had instinctively known it to be, now we have scientific proof that it is.

I wonder where this will go...how far the beneficial effects of cannabinoids will take us?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

It was so great to see "endocannabinoid system" right there loud and proud in the title! The endocannabinoid receptors are such an important part of our immune systems and natural defense against disease, but too few people even know about it. I know it's fairly new research, and growing every day -- finally! -- but that's no excuse. The "eggs are bad for you" propaganda sure got around quick, eh? So there's no reason this shouldn't be made common knowledge!

Regarding the formatting to make a thread, it's not too difficult once you know. If you want to link to the source, get your cursor in the right spot, and hit the button above the text field that has a square with an arrow pointing upwards. This will open a little box asking for the title you want to display, and type or paste the article in, and then hit "okay." This will open a new field asking for the url, which you can just paste in as well. The field usually has the "https://" already there, so just make sure it's highlighted when you paste the new url in, so the "https://" doesn't repeat itself.

Quoting from the link is similar. Hit the button with the quotation marks, which opens a new window asking for the quote, paste the quote into the field, and hit "okay." The quoted text will look like this in the thread:

The cannabinoid CB1 receptor and mTORC1 signalling pathways interact to modulate glucose homeostasis in mice

I hope that helps.

Oh! And maybe just add a little introductory paragraph to tell folks the main gist of what you want to convey before getting into the meat of it all. That's a whole lot of research, and many of us very much appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing it here!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Am I missing the decarboxylation step during the process, or is it intentional use of non-psychoactive acid forms?
I was suspecting their "hidden to current science" therapeutic value for years.
According to this link acid forms have indeed an effect. I have always thought that acid forms could be stored for later use in fat cells and decarboxyled in vivo, in liver or whenever it's needed when it meets the right conditions like Ph, temperature or another immune factors. There IS a limited in vivo decarboxylation so I'm wating to see this kind of breakthrough. Using a non-psychoactive, legal product that is actually fixing issues on demand, in the background... would be awesome.

Btw. the molecule is pretty big. Propyleneglycol is used to help it crossing the dermal barrier. Even then it doesn't get very deep.

And acording to Ayurveda the root is the most toxic part of the plant. Everything water-solluble is a subject of purification.
edit on 26/3/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: a little improvement

edit on 26/3/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar and improvement

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Listen up!!!!!!!!!

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, ... You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. ....

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Sun Mar 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Can you be more specific as to who you are telling to listen up? By not addressing any one specific person(s) or one specific example with the thread, then I am left clueless with what you are conveying.

Peace, m

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
its my understanding that there are NO EXOGENOUS Cannabinoids in anything other than Cannabis that exactly fit the receptors in the human body.

Can anyone prove me wrong?

Hi.
Currently, there is only one phytocannabinoid that also exists in plants other than Cannabis sativa L. This particular bicyclic sesquiterpene has actually been previously discussed in this thread—it is called beta-caryophyllene.

β-caryophyllene selectively targets the CB2 receptor and acts as a full agonist. It is widespreadly found in plants other than Cannabis, and is a major constituent in numerous essential oils. It is also an FDA approved food additive.

Besides being the major constituent in the essential oil of C. sativa, some of the other plants and corresponding essential oils of which contain β-caryophyllene includes:

Piper nigrum—black pepper

Origanum vulgare—oregano

Carum nigrum—black caraway

Syzygium aromaticum—clove

Humulus lupulus—hops

Lavandula angustifolia—lavender

Rosmarinus officinalis—rosemary

There are many more but these are the ones most familiar to people. B-caryophyllene actually has numerous therapeutic benefits.

There are also many other non-Cannabis plants that directly interact with CB2, however they display weak binding affinities.
edit on 26-3-2017 by M4ngo because: Edited a word

top topics

<< 1   >>

join